Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I am watching a NCAA College football game, Wisconsin at the University of Minnesota (in Minneapolis) and the current temperature is -9c with a feels like temperature of -16c at 2:45pm!!!!Anyone spare me a few hundred so I can grab a flight over there??? haha.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

bleeding on call and no call so could have gone to the meet instead (bugger!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening to all those still here and not getting merry Posted Image

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (+2)

Temperature - (0)

3 wet runs on the bounce, not liking this Posted Image

Posted

OMG! just used cillit bang on the the shower (always used cheap sprays etc before) and it works!

i'm converted to this stuff now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

you disinfect the rubbish?  Posted Image

Well not quite disinfection but yep...in a manner of speaking.

In my area, we have to clean/dishwash all our rubbish for recycling prior to putting it into the bin - ie all plastic and metal trays, milk cartons, aluminium foil from the sunday roast  etc etc...

........otherwise we could risk a "naughty notice"  from the District Council and they can refuse to empty our bin Posted Image 

I am pleased that my landfill has dropped dramatically now our Council has increased the amount of stuff it can take for recycling because it has recently changed contracts.........but currently I am having to do an extra dishwasher run per week to deal with it Posted Image

On topic - stream has behaved very well, hoping there will not be too much ici-ness tuesday evening/wed morning as i have an early morning job interview wed am that means i have to travel cross country in a rear wheel drive......ulp!

xxxx

Edited by PiggiePalace

Posted

Well not quite disinfection but yep...in a manner of speaking.

In my area, we have to clean/dishwash all our rubbish for recycling prior to putting it into the bin - ie all plastic and metal trays, milk cartons, aluminium foil from the sunday roast  etc etc...

........otherwise we could risk a "naughty notice"  from the District Council and they can refuse to empty our bin Posted Image 

I am pleased that my landfill has dropped dramatically now our Council has increased the amount of stuff it can take for recycling because it has recently changed contracts.........but currently I am having to do an extra dishwasher run per week to deal with it Posted Image

On topic - stream has behaved very well, hoping there will not be too much ici-ness tuesday evening/wed morning as i have an early morning job interview wed am that means i have to travel cross country in a rear wheel drive......ulp!

xxxx

my local recycling has been refused 3 times now, and I am buggered if I will clean it unless I have a bowl of washing up water.

welcome to the "black" bin then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

OMG! just used cillit bang on the the shower (always used cheap sprays etc before) and it works!

Hee hee - moi aussi!Although Viakal spray is also very good if you are in a hard water area...I alternate between this and Cillit Bangxxxx

Posted

Hee hee - moi aussi!Although Viakal spray is also very good if you are in a hard water area...I alternate between this and Cillit Bangxxxx

will take that under advice

Posted

you disinfect the rubbish?  Posted Image

yay for blokes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

yes, yay for blokes.

I do disinfect the rubbish if there's a lot of it before its collected because one day I found a heaving mess of maggots literally crawling in all directions and i swore they wouldn't bother me again.Probably it only needs checking in high summer but i do it in winter just in case.

Posted

Changing the topic from Weather...

I am goin to Dubai, Australia (Sydney) and NZ (Auckland) next May to travel. Anyone got any tips of where to stay?

Yes, you stay here in my home and I'll go for you and check out the accommodation.

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

fi is on the 27th Posted Image

massive spread for such a short timeframe

no point in going any further unless the fax charts are used

Posted Image

looks virtually dry on these

that shows no atlantic coming in Posted Image

gfs ensemble no.1

that will do Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=1&mode=1&carte=0

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

fax charts

look mainly dry after tomorrow

tomorrow may see some cloudy drizzly bits am

then clearing up to somesunny spells

rest of the week

dry with some sun

cloudy and murky am most regions

fog and frost becoming more widespread from monday

temps

warmest day wednesday around 10-12 degrees

the rest around 7-9 degrees

ukmo at 144 has potential but long way out

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, it does - even though it's scarily expensive compared to most of the alternatives.

Coast may disagree. He seems to have taken against Barry Scott big time.

Changing the topic from Weather...

I am goin to Dubai, Australia (Sydney) and NZ (Auckland) next May to travel. Anyone got any tips of where to stay?

How much money are you wanting to spend a night?

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 18z ensembles

ignore the main run after the 29th

looking very dry here as well

around the 4th on shows some interest with some bitter ensembles there and precipitation

Posted Image

no.8 is not bad as well

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=8&mode=1&carte=0

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Had a great time with the Netweather lot tonight, shame it went so quick, I would advise anyone to come to the next one, well worth it! :)

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Had a great time with the Netweather lot tonight, shame it went so quick, I would advise anyone to come to the next one, well worth it! Posted Image

Glad to hear it PS, Hope the gang enjoyed there selves. Gutted I could not make it, Manager would not grant me time of work,Posted Image  Due to a massive move from old branch to new one.Which opens week tomorrow.So had to work yesterday all day and go in today till 6pm. Also must of picked a coughing bug my chest sore, My stomach muscles well, Really toned now.

• Like 2

Posted

A dull misty morning in depressingly dirty Dartford. Sorry about the photos yesterday, but if people (Jax) ask, then it's got to be done. Funny all the youngster enjoying themselves to the 50 and 60's music last night, shame we where the only ones that lived through it, and knew every bit of music played, also a pity that their was no Acker Bilk (never saw him at the chistlehurst caves but my brother saw him there on many occasions) but Telstar was nice to hear :-). Again music and costum has the ability to bring back so many memories of great times gone by, without getting myself all upset at the reminisances it amazing what floods through your mind, the images, and the long lost friends.

Oh well, they are all gone now, time to admit, I'm old, but it's been a great journey getting here, with a lot of fun, humour and great memories. Its time to enjoy the future, see the grand kids grow up, and enjoy in their successes. Talking of those little Herbert's unusually we are seeing all 3 of them in one day today, it's the grandparents prechristmas advent calender / candles delivery day, which is traditional, and launches the Christmas festivities in our family, think because of family and football commitments I got to put the Christmas tree up, be the earliest we ever done it. Better sign off now, hope all the Milton Keynes hung overs are not to bad.

Jason, as someone who arranges the call out rota, I know the frustration it causes, but unfortunately it's just something you lads have to put up with, as I tell them just think of the money :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, hope everyone had a good time at the meet up :)

Off to Saffron Walden today to look at a few rooms to rent, hopefully I will find a nice little place to live for the next 6 months.

Weather, grey and horrible

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image Certainly the character of Barry Scott, but probably not Neil Burgess the person!

Morning CR, morning all.

A very nice day yesterday packed with sunshine and finally the leaves are turning colour to give a look of Autumn at last,. The sun is trying it's hardest to break through again this morning so it would be rude not to get out into it, stretch the legs and enjoy some more country air (which is creeping up from 6.4°C). Hopefully this cloud will move:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have a super Sunday!

Posted

Good morning all, I note there are suspiciously few reports from the Regional meet up last night.Posted Image. I'm sure it was an enjoyable evening and fair play to all who made it.

After the clear blue skies of yesterday it's back to the grey blanket of fug here this morning, and with the best will in the world I find it difficult to say anything positive about that. I was awake all night so tuned in to the radio commentary of the Test Match in Brisbane. Play was suspended at around 5am our time as a thunderstorm rolled through. Not enough to prevent a pathetic England defeat, but I did at least get to hear the sound of hailstones and some impressive thunder. Brisbanes 2nd thunderstorm in as many days apparently. 

On that note it's time for me to wish you good folk well, and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Morning, hope everyone had a good time at the meet up :)Off to Saffron Walden today to look at a few rooms to rent, hopefully I will find a nice little place to live for the next 6 months.Weather, grey and horrible

I lived and currently work near Saffron Walden. Lovely part of the country!

Posted

Morning all

any late risers from last nights meet yet to appear?

till a cool and damp morning here, dull and drizzly so will not head to the reserve today (I have all week, so no big deal), may head to town and pick up a few bits and head over later to the next village and visit the folks.

Yes, it does - even though it's scarily expensive compared to most of the alternatives.

£2 from wilkinsons, did not think that was too bad TBH, may get another today as I have used it on "everything" in the bathroom that has been stubborn to clean recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning had some nice sunny spells, seems to have clouded over now, just cloud no rain with it yet anyway. First dry day since this cooler settled spell started here. Hopefully it stays dry.