Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

sounds like all those at the meet last night had a good time Posted Image

Dampt start to the day turned into a dull dry one in the end, cool not cold either.

Posted

tuesday

again a weak west to north west flow

dry

temps around 7-9 degrees

again where cloud persists expect temps to struggle

fog again taking time to clear on east facing coasts

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

tuesday night

a weak north westerly

looks dry but the north east coasts may see some light drizzly bits overnight

temps dropping close to freezing but look like going up slightly overnight

again mist and fog likely and a tad more widespread

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

wednesday

a weak north west-north flow

early morning drizzle likely but clearing all by lunchtime

south coastal areas may be plagued by mist and fog all day

temps around 10-12 degrees but locally a lot lower where cloud sticks

*** note everything has been shifted a long way south and west from last nights fax charts*******

Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

Here's a pic of boats and waves and clouds and the odd blue bit in the sky:

Posted Image2013-11-24 11.04.04.jpg

Hints of Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell in that particular use of words, Reef, very affecting.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

*** note everything has been shifted a long way south and west from last nights fax charts*******

If that can be the case when we see a cold pool to the East, then shifts South & South West would be great!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

*** note everything has been shifted a long way south and west *******

It's true but, John, I wish you hadn't made my decline so public .....
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Off topic,but has the set-up been changed on the forums etc,or have i pressed some wrong buttons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

How do the metoffice know I'm moving Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

you disinfect the rubbish?  Posted Image

yay for blokes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

bleeding on call and no call so could have gone to the meet instead (bugger!)

OMG! just used cillit bang on the the shower (always used cheap sprays etc before) and it works!

i'm converted to this stuff now!

Well not quite disinfection but yep...in a manner of speaking.

In my area, we have to clean/dishwash all our rubbish for recycling prior to putting it into the bin - ie all plastic and metal trays, milk cartons, aluminium foil from the sunday roast  etc etc...

........otherwise we could risk a "naughty notice"  from the District Council and they can refuse to empty our bin Posted Image 

I am pleased that my landfill has dropped dramatically now our Council has increased the amount of stuff it can take for recycling because it has recently changed contracts.........but currently I am having to do an extra dishwasher run per week to deal with it Posted Image

On topic - stream has behaved very well, hoping there will not be too much ici-ness tuesday evening/wed morning as i have an early morning job interview wed am that means i have to travel cross country in a rear wheel drive......ulp!

xxxx

my local recycling has been refused 3 times now, and I am buggered if I will clean it unless I have a bowl of washing up water.

welcome to the "black" bin then.

Hee hee - moi aussi!

Although Viakal spray is also very good if you are in a hard water area...I alternate between this and Cillit Bang

xxxx

will take that under advice

yes, yay for blokes.

I do disinfect the rubbish if there's a lot of it before its collected because one day I found a heaving mess of maggots literally crawling in all directions and i swore they wouldn't bother me again.Probably it only needs checking in high summer but i do it in winter just in case.

Yes, you stay here in my home and I'll go for you and check out the accommodation.

Yes, it does - even though it's scarily expensive compared to most of the alternatives.

Coast may disagree. He seems to have taken against Barry Scott big time.

How much money are you wanting to spend a night?

evening all, just been scrolling through the past 24 hours of posts and sorry to be a party pooper, but this is a regional weather discussion thread..........hint hint Posted Image

Posted

evening all, just been scrolling through the past 24 hours of posts and sorry to be a party pooper, but this is a regional weather discussion thread..........hint hint Posted Image

I think it may have been something to do with the non exciting weather we are havingPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think it may have been something to do with the non exciting weather we are havingPosted Image

very true.....lol..........but as long as the letters 'w' 'e' 'a' 't' 'h' 'e'  'r' appear at least somewhere in the post (in no particular order, I guess) then we're good to go! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

very true.....lol..........but as long as the letters 'w' 'e' 'a' 't' 'h' 'e'  'r' appear at least somewhere in the post (in no particular order, I guess) then we're good to go! Posted Image

I think I just scraped in there!!! oops   weather mentionedPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I lived and currently work near Saffron Walden. Lovely part of the country!

I can confirm that this is the case, even in heavy drizzle, just a 15 minute drive to work and back from the place I found. Not bad with lots of rolling hills and good views. Kind of shocking if you compare it to the north side of Cambridge which looks like it has been attacked by a giant rolling pin Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hints of Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell in that particular use of words, Reef, very affecting.AS

Aww thanks for pointing that out, an uplifting read of the lyrics accompanied my lunch bag preparation for tomorrow:)

• Like 1

Posted

i cannot decide WEATHER to wait up for the updated fax charts or not Posted Image

sorry aj only joking Posted Image

just deciding WEATHER or not to delete your post for being off topic.... Posted Image ....I'll fetch me coat

• Like 2

Posted

Aww thanks for pointing that out, an uplifting read of the lyrics accompanied my lunch bag preparation for tomorrow:)

Hi Reef in the run up to Christmas, if you don't already know it, try River by the same lady - jingle bells chord intro then a river to skate away on.....Lunch prep, did some of that this evening!And to AJPS, you are right to gently hint that we should be on topic but one of the joys of this thread is that we might deviate from time to time but we'll all come back to what we love. No, not chocolate/kebabs/beer/modern dance/flower arranging (some of these are not my choices) but the big W!AS
  • Like 4