Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

99% sure there were flakes mixed in with that last light rain shower. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Another shower just ran passed me again!! This is not my lucky day. Posted Image That is just not fair.

Anyhow it is going to be a icy evening here.

Edited by pip22

Posted

There has been quite a significant tidal surge this lunchtime/early afternoon. Blackpool front, Morecambe, Arnside all have the roads along the seafront closed due to flooding, and there are roads further inland closed as well.  I am assuming it has/is the same along the N Wales coast and along the W Lancs and Merseyside coastal areas. 

Judging by the press coverage on the local radio for here, it seems plenty of people have been caught out by this as a number of people have been helped from stranded cars.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

light rain shower here. 

Temp is now dropping fast, 5.6 °C. 

Posted

There has been quite a significant tidal surge this lunchtime/early afternoon. Blackpool front, Morecambe, Arnside all have the roads along the seafront closed due to flooding, and there are roads further inland closed as well.  I am assuming it has/is the same along the N Wales coast and along the W Lancs and Merseyside coastal areas. 

Judging by the press coverage on the local radio for here, it seems plenty of people have been caught out by this as a number of people have been helped from stranded cars.

I was on Morecambe prom just after midday, as the winds peaked and the tide was at its highest. Crazy conditions not seen for many a year.

Some twitter pics  - https://twitter.com/search?q=morecambe&src=typd&mode=photos

Local newspaper - http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/news/cars-float-in-sea-as-dramatic-storm-surge-hits-morecambe-1-6296915

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just had a quick peep at the meto radar and the Cheshire gap seems to be coming to life

some big showers incoming

C.S

Posted

another Hail/Sleet shower just gone through wintry showers set to continue in the south and west of the region overnight

according to the METO also light snow forecast for Cumbria tomorrow PM and over hills

C.S

Posted

Yup Southport, Crosby, New Brighton Notrh Wales Cost all had flooding been affected-Morrisons in New Brighton flooded. Not even high tide until midnight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

First layer of graupel here now. Melting quick though.

• Like 3

Posted

70mph gusts, hail, the biggest storm surge in decades, flood warnings out all over the region and it's fairly slow in here, yet the possibility off a few flakes of snow and the place goes into meltdown. I tHink most members aren't really weather fans but snow lovers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Rain readily turning wintry here. Its hail/graupal mixing in with the rain here, maybe the colder uppers are closing in.

Update: Gone clear again now.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

no more showers for me, only had a couple of light rain showers.

Posted

what a mad day ive got cowels off my chimney shattered on the floor fence has blown down.

Had a hefty hail shower about 3.30 just gusty now and again atm.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

No showers here for a while

Posted

70mph gusts, hail, the biggest storm surge in decades, flood warnings out all over the region and it's fairly slow in here, yet the possibility off a few flakes of snow and the place goes into meltdown. I tHink most members aren't really weather fans but snow lovers.

each to there own I suppose,However  when the weather takes lives as today and people face the misery of flood damage to there homes

Then the weather what ever its doing takes a back seat

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Was snowing quite hard here a few minutes ago but not sticking and i'm not really expecting it to.

Maybe a dusting overnight but the showers will probably pull back towards the coast shortly so I'd imagine that the only white will be from frost.

It's certainly been a wild day though and I certainly feel for those around the country effected by the conditions.

Posted

What showers? I'm missing them all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What showers? I'm missing them all.

In this set up you should be getting plenty of them, it's us who should be us under drought conditions.