Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Eh? When was part 1? All we've had so far is autumnal rubbish. Certainly had no weather that resembles winter whatsoever.

Exactly Carl. My thoughts entirely.The start of the meteorological spring is now only 7 weeks away so unless something happens pretty soon this winter is increasingly looking like a total write off.Generally in these parts you can forget about winter from about mid February onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

By which stage we'll be in a heat wave situation, hopefully.I know the end of the month is still a few weeks away, but it's not looking good for January.Nothing remotely cold on the horizon according to the latest models.January 2010 has been the best we've had in recent years.This one just sucks from a weather point of view.Weather online changed their weekly forecast from "turning cold and wintry" to "mostly mild" in 24hrs, so that pretty much sums this month up.

The drizzle and wind fans are loving it though.. wherever they are hiding.. lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The drizzle and wind fans are loving it though.. wherever they are hiding.. lol.

Gavin's knocking around, Richie V, rich1974 and Gaz1985, dream setups for those 4

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Gavin's knocking around, Richie V, rich1974 and Gaz1985, dream setups for those 4

It's baffling to me why anyone would prefer wet, miserable zonal messterlies to even a hint of frost. A cloudless azure sky over a fresh snowfield is one of the glories of Nature. But people like what they like, and it shouldn't matter to anyone else: vive la différence! 

• Like 2

Posted

It's baffling to me why anyone would prefer wet, miserable zonal messterlies to even a hint of frost. A cloudless azure sky over a fresh snowfield is one of the glories of Nature. But people like what they like, and it shouldn't matter to anyone else: vive la différence! 

I agree. I don't doubt the preferences of others, but I do find it unusual that someone would prefer drizzle to snow. Drizzle is just a useless weather occurrence that makes everyone angry. Snow at least makes some people happy - especially children, but even adults turn into children when snow falls - a day off work sledging with the kids.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted

I am actually glad to be called a weirdo by people on here.

Well, that's good, because you're going to be hearing it a lot from now on.. weirdo. Posted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted

find drizzle better than torrential non stop rain, worst weather days for me was child of nadine, 24th-25th Sept '12

but members like Gaz1985 would love it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Should point out I'm around come rain, wind, snow or heatwaves

:)

• Like 6

Posted

Should point out I'm around come rain, wind, snow or heatwaves

Posted Image

can understand you liking summer, sunny and hot, most do, on here and anywhere, but not non stop gales, rain and 7°C type stuff?

would you not rather have blue skies, sun and no wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

can understand you liking summer, sunny and hot, most do, on here and anywhere, but not non stop gales, rain and 7°C type stuff? would you not rather have blue skies, sun and no wind

Definitely! Today was really nice in the sunshine. Made a welcome change to weeks of grey skies that this country seems to excel at producing at any point in the year
  • Like 2

Posted

Yeah, genuinely great day today, lots of sun and it wasn't even damp or too breezy.

Posted

can understand you liking summer, sunny and hot, most do, on here and anywhere, but not non stop gales, rain and 7°C type stuff?

would you not rather have blue skies, sun and no wind

Today's weather was perfect for me up here in Darlo wall to wall sunshine, no wind or rain and temps around average

I don't mind wind and rain in winter and it helps to avoid droughts in the summer but its got too much of late and we now need a lengthy dry spell something like today would be Ideal

I don't mind some snow but when we get spell like DEC 10 I get fed up of it quite quickly as it causes nothing other than utter chaos especially on the roads

• Like 3

Posted

Today's weather was perfect for me up here in Darlo wall to wall sunshine, no wind or rain and temps around average

I don't mind wind and rain in winter and it helps to avoid droughts in the summer but its got too much of late and we now need a lengthy dry spell something like today would be Ideal

I don't mind some snow but when we get spell like DEC 10 I get fed up of it quite quickly as it causes nothing other than utter chaos especially on the roads

A lot of people I know agree with the 3rd paragraph, often if not always I'm in the minority, feel like I am the only one who likes significant snow dumpings,

makes me cringe mind you (not on netweather by the way) but from people that say, complain about the rain, and then they say 'at least its not snow' or 'its better than snow'

• Like 1

Posted

A lot of people I know agree with the 3rd paragraph, often if not always I'm in the minority, feel like I am the only one who likes significant snow dumpings,

makes me cringe mind you (not on netweather by the way) but from people that say, complain about the rain, and then they say 'at least its not snow' or 'its better than snow'

I admit I'm one of those who's said that, at least its not snow

Someone (not on here) said the other day its nippy today and I said back at least its not as cold as America

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

not heard you say it though, 200+ miles away

Posted

Someone (not on here) said the other day its nippy today and I said back at least its not as cold as America

Also makes me cringe when people say we will get the cold/snow from USA, or if it does snow it's come from the USA, one of the falsest things ever, and would make me use wallbash symbol, luckily everyone on here knows better

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Also makes me cringe when people say we will get the cold/snow from USA, or if it does snow it's come from the USA, one of the falsest things ever, and would make me use wallbash symbol, luckily everyone on here knows better

So when's the snow coming from the US? LOL

Posted

I admit I'm one of those who's said that, at least its not snow Someone (not on here) said the other day its nippy today and I said back at least its not as cold as America

Another weirdo, or maybe it's all us coldies Gav . :-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

I did hear Peter Gibbs saying today's cold was the remains of the polar vortex in the US, believe it or not.Charts not looking good at all tonight.No sign of anything remotely wintry over the next two weeks or so.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

I did hear Peter Gibbs saying today's cold was the remains of the polar vortex in the US, believe it or not.Charts not looking good at all tonight.No sign of anything remotely wintry over the next two weeks or so.

Yes but it warmed up a bit crossing the Atlantic.

Posted

Oh dear. That's week number 7 of winter written off then.

Only thing to say is have a good week everyone and I'll see you back here next Saturday for another go.