Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the Christmas eve regional thread for London, the South East and East Anglia.....

post-10773-0-98884000-1387874361_thumb.j

link to the previous thread here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78848-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-231213/page-59

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. All seems ok here and all fence panels still standing. I'm now developing the lurgy. Nice on Xmas Eve.

Hope all of you are ok.

Re' my Radar App, all the aeroplane symbols have disappeared and there's nothing on the damn thing. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Anyone (who has one) tell me what's wrong and what to do please? :(

Have a good day, all. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Major disruption being reported this morning as the chiminea cover in Coast's garden has gone missing.....

Morning regionaires!

A bit wild and wet out there last night, haven't experienced one like that for a few years.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning everyone,

Made it to work OK in Burgess Hill from Peacehaven, lots of floods on the roads and bits of trees etc.

So is that just a warm up for a second round on Friday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Morning all.

I don't think we have any damage here. Haven't investigated properly yet.

The winds were at there worst at about 1am. I have never heard anything like it.

Was eerie at one point to have a very strong gust and then sirens a few minutes later.

Hope you have all had a safe night.

Edited by Lauren

Posted

Morning all.  We appear to be undamaged here, although I'm yet to venture out.  Reading back on the posts, it seems the peak was around 1am.  I went to bed at 11pm and slept through the lot. :)

I hope everyone has come through this unscathed. Happy Christmas Eve to you all! 

• Like 3

Posted

Mornin each. All seems ok here and all fence panels still standing. I'm now developing the lurgy. Nice on Xmas Eve.

Hope all of you are ok.

Re' my Radar App, all the aeroplane symbols have disappeared and there's nothing on the damn thing. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Anyone (who has one) tell me what's wrong and what to do please? Posted Image

Have a good day, all. Posted Image

Morning K.  Which radar app do you use?  there are several out there.  I use flightradar24, and their website is good as well as their app

p.s. hope the lurgi disappears

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 1

Posted

GFS is currently indicating we might just escape the worst of Friday's storm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing like as rough as last night

So is that just a warm up for a second round on Friday?

Morning Rob, see my post above.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Morning.

I have just been out to collect the turkey from a local farm in Hurstpierpoint. Still bad conditions out there on the roads. The farm was down a small lane that was blocked by fallen trees at one end and the brook was close to flooding the other as it was backing up under the bridge, with streams on the roads further adding to the water jam. I have not looked locally on the news, but I would not be surprised to see some significant flooding before the end of the festive season. 

Keep safe all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fortunately no fences down in our garden, but the neighbours two houses over fared far worse, with their metal shed on it's side and 3-4 fence panels down - worse damage around here than the St Jude's Storm - probably because of the long duration of winds weakening things.

At the moment, winds don't look quite as bad on Friday, GFS predicting 50-60mph gusts max, lower inland. Which is a relief, though this may change.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning.

Morning Ed, glad I didn't have to travel up there this morning then.

Posted

Morning Ed, glad I didn't have to travel up there this morning then.

I think that the main roads are Ok, Robin, and have been cleared. Looking at the radar it won't be long until the rain band clears leaving just showers. I certainly don't envy those in flood risk areas.

• Like 1

Posted

Fortunately no fences down in our garden, but the neighbours two houses over fared far worse, with their metal shed on it's side and 3-4 fence panels down - worse damage around here than the St Jude's Storm - probably because of the long duration of winds weakening things.

At the moment, winds don't look quite as bad on Friday, GFS predicting 50-60mph gusts max, lower inland. Which is a relief, though this may change.

I would tend to agree with this as well Nick. Certainly, the drive home last night was in atrocious conditions with rivers on the roads. And I am still in a bit of shock thinking there but for the grace of God go I, when looking at the tree that came down just before I left work yesterday in East Grinstead. It could have been very different.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well what a wild night,tv arial had enough at 3am trying to catch that was fun,girls were terrified,not heard the wind roar likevl that since i was 11in 87,just read coasts quote,hopefully fridays storm will not be as bad.hope everyone is ok,and merry christmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Morning K.  Which radar app do you use?  there are several out there.  I use flightradar24, and their website is good as well as their app p.s. hope the lurgi disappears

Hi NNW. I use the Flightradar24 app. Thanks for info re' web site. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Morning all, and a very happy Christmas Eve!! Was a wild night in brentford, the hoardings on high street were in a precarious position blown over when I walked through around midnight. Bits of tree debris in garden this morning,and can hear chainsaw in distance, so no doubt trees are down. Was undoubtedly one of the fiercest wind storms I can recall here, and the rain was like someone chucking a bucket over you! Even the Foxie didn't visit for some naan bread I saved for her!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Does anyone have maximum gusts stats for the overnight period?

The persistance of 70mph + winds hour after hour had not occured for many a year here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Morning all, not ventured out yet but other than some minor debris/wheelie bins in the road, not looking too bad!  The wind speeds may say different, but this was much worse than the St Judes storm in my experience.  Thankfully, it's looking like Friday's storm is being downgraded for us (not good for the North though) and shouldn't be anything like last night, however things can change so have to remain vigilant.  Happy Christmas all Posted Image

Posted

Morning all well that was a bit wild last night. Still piddling it down but hopefully not for much longer according to radar. Seemed to survive intact same can't be said for the roads or rail network down here.

Southern are running a shuttle service from Brighton to Haywards Heath and then nothing from Haywards Heath up to London so OH is using a 'snow day' .

The one disaster we have had is that Waitrose didn't get their proper delivery of turkeys so mad dash around trying to secure dinner for tomorrow. Robin is that offer of pigs in blankets still available?!

Stay safe everyone and have a great Christmas.

Posted

morning we know about  the  storm heading our  way  DEC  29-30  but i  looked deeper into  f1   all i can   see   is rain /snow  and floods!!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

happy a happy Xmas  and  new year be safe

• Like 1

Posted

morning all

SE London seems to still be there :rolleyes: and the walk through St James' Park was not so bad this morning. lots of tree debris but none actually down.

so i suppose its a lull before friday now?

me thinks its going to be a half day in work today :D