Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

My god the rain is coming down here big time.had 10mmin 30 mins

Posted

looks lively in the channel phewPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Well i can honestly say todays hailstorm stopped me dead in my tracks whilst out driving, i couldn't see the road and the wind whipped up from nowhere..3 Flashes of lightning and huge thunder claps..did i ever get excited or what LOL..Posted Image

Then it was all over in about 6-7 minutes..

Then back to working i went and thought if only that lasted for an hour i would have to go of sick at work for an hour just to watch it LoL  Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I was at tower park, rain was biblical there, huge floods between holton heath and sandford. I got home and we'd only recorded 3mm here lol

• Like 1

Posted

I was at tower park, rain was biblical there, huge floods between holton heath and sandford. I got home and we'd only recorded 3mm here lol

15mm here, mental

• Like 1

Posted

ooerrh missus Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

What was tat about 'Microxlimate'?

Sounds more like the 'snowdome' is still stuck over your place

Posted

We missed all the rain yesterday evening and overnight and looks to be a dry day here.

We had only 5mm of rain yesterday, mostly during the morning, a total of 65mm for the year so far.

Winds have died down to 5mph. Barometer this morning has risen to 1014.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

There must be a frost around the corner soon judging by the mood in the MOD thread! :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

No rain until this afternoon. 6.4c. Broken cloud. Breeze light. Good nights rest with no disturbance... 

Posted

There must be a frost around the corner soon judging by the mood in the MOD thread! Posted Image

Indeed, AWD, looks like it's all coming together nicely. 48-72 hrs of sub -8 uppers tail end of next week for our region projected by ECM.

And did I just spot that Mullie is going skiing Posted Image

Posted

Plus, i'm off to Dartmouth on Thursday next week and last year we had snow the eve before we went to Dartmouth; uncannily in the same week!

Posted

Well looks like my prediction could be right.snow between the 11th of jan and 18th. When ever I go snowboarding it allways snows here, has done for the last five years ive been. Very strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Had a job down at Fairwater, Taunton this morning, first time since before Christmas.

As soon as we went south of Bridgwater, the flooding was startling to say the least. Got some photos as I passed but bear in mind I was doing 75mph at the time so they aren't the best;

post-12721-0-78947200-1389170815_thumb.jpost-12721-0-33622000-1389170865_thumb.jpost-12721-0-16922000-1389170949_thumb.jpost-12721-0-76402000-1389170976_thumb.jpost-12721-0-72389300-1389170993_thumb.jpost-12721-0-98775600-1389171010_thumb.jpost-12721-0-26419000-1389171033_thumb.jpost-12721-0-62144000-1389171099_thumb.jpost-12721-0-78593200-1389171153_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

So 1st week of 2014 was far from boring, I have recorded 111.1mm of rain in a week, that it in itself would cause flooding, but on top of what we had 2nd half of December, it's hardly any wonder that it was so extreme and widespread.

Here's to hoping the trend of cold continues for next week and that we can get it prolonged and more extreme!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The GFS might be late to the party but it also throws up exactly my thoughts if it continues to be modelled by the weekend. Watch the area of low pressure, I bet it'll stick around but too far north, keeping us in the warm sector while north of it experiences some snow (if there's not a backtrack). - It's a typical situation and by the time the low sinks, the cold gets cut off. I'm not saying that will definitely happen but when it comes to the south, I can spot the signs of us losing out pretty quickly. If those charts were at T+48 I may be a bit more positive but certainly not at those time frames.

Currently 10C and sunny.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning All,

BBC News have their flood man in Salisbury today. A few miles down river, it looks like things are levelling off; although there is a bit more rain due tonight.

Had to wade through this lot in an attempt to get to Downton this morning...

post-7340-0-79761800-1389173450_thumb.jppost-7340-0-23835500-1389173471_thumb.jp

...only to be defeated right at the end.

post-7340-0-29364600-1389173586_thumb.jp

The water meadows are certainly doing their job this year. Posted Image

post-7340-0-76114800-1389173540_thumb.jppost-7340-0-05613400-1389173513_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Some good images there jtay.Posted Image

Cheers knocker.

I'll add another, although it's not a great pic, it shows how close the water is getting to the village. You wouldn't normally be able to see the river from there, but that big tree on the left is in someone's garden.

post-7340-0-76225500-1389175293_thumb.jp

Posted

Morning everyone

Well what a difference 24hrs makes!!!!  All calm here with a slight breeze, unlike yesterday morning where a dramatic hail storm, thunder and lightning woke me up in a state of panic, great to experience whilst cosy in my bed though.

The last few weeks have been so interesting weather wise both here and in North America, with some beautiful photos coming through but I really do feel for those that are struggling with the concequences. Here's hoping they get a bit of a resbite for a few days, although models are looking interesting again for next week.

In 1998 I went to Ottawa, months after a great ice and snow storm, the damage was incredible. Trees broken for miles around and massive power pylons and cables bent in two or just lying on the ground, an incredible sight to see, such damage.

I bought a book whilst there with amazing pictures of the storm. Mother nature really does deserve respect.

• Like 1

Posted

Lets hope us in the SW dont just a get a snow to rain event at the end of this predicted cold spell. I know it hasent happend yet, but god i hate such events!

The snow of January last year was disappointing regarding uppers and 2m temps and soggy squelchy snow....

But...anything fromt he East tends to be crisp and crunchy (as per march), the way snow should be!

Jumping the gun here massively but there you!

Edited by MPG