Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The live webcam is playing up a bit, but high tide at Bognor Regis is still 30 odd minutes away and it looks pretty rough there.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Looks like some flooding going to happen there 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Posted

Just woken up by a squally bit - high gusts and very wet. Midweek really is looking very nasty indeed. Hopefully it moderates a bit before we get there, though it seems that the Atlantic train just keeps on coming. My 16-year old is doing his work experience at Fonehouse in Hastings next week, just back from the seafront, which he's quite looking forward to - kids and technology, usual thing. Of course he has to get there and back. I think it might get a bit breezy on his scooter. Luckily he's quite a heavily built lad so I don't think he'll get blown off, but fallen trees and laying water are always a hazard when you've only got two wheels. I'm glad for once that his steed is restricted to 35mph or so.

Try and go back to sleep or cup of tea time. Decisions, decisions. Radar showing another angry blob heading our way. Tea it is then.

Ah, here it comes, I can hear the wind picking up. 

• Like 2

Posted

Not looking forward to that storm predicted Wednesday at all, I go to Paris tomorrow morning and come back on the 5th, via ferry. Posted Image

best  of  luck  waves  might me a bit big!!

post-4629-0-78458200-1391326377_thumb.pn

Posted

just been reading the   Atlantic Storms thread not good reading reg Wednesday big  blow

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Retired to bed last night late and in the dark due to a power cut (luckily I managed to watch the finale of the Bridge first), not been out this morning, have got BBC news 24 on and saw the severn bore live, nothing so dramatic here, looks cold and breezy out by all accounts though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Bright but a bit overcast here, but it looks clearer over the South. No rain overnight as far as I know. That certainly makes a change.

So....is this the calm before the next lot of lows? :O

Have a brill' Sunday, everyone. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Not exactly bright out but not as dull than some recent days either, looking at the model output next week looks anything but settled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Morning all.

Sorry no update from me yesterday, but I slept most of yesterday. Still want to sleep today.

Anyhow, from what I saw it was breezy and showery yesterday. Quite mild I felt but I might be unwell.

Sorry can't be more precise but due to this bad weather we have been unable to fit the weather station to the house.

Not looking good about Tuesday/Wednesday. At least today is bright and sunny :-)

Posted

Morning all.Sorry no update from me yesterday, but I slept most of yesterday. Still want to sleep today.Anyhow, from what I saw it was breezy and showery yesterday. Quite mild I felt but I might be unwell.Sorry can't be more precise but due to this bad weather we have been unable to fit the weather station to the house.Not looking good about Tuesday/Wednesday. At least today is bright and sunny :-)

Hope you feel better soon, regards next week, it is certainly not looking good at all, seems this winter is proving to be a very atlantic driven one, if this continues then I truly hope it changes for the spring and for sure the summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Looking at the models this morning, I'm not sure Wednesday's low is going to be too big a deal in our area, for severe winds. The depression is a filling feature by the time we are likely to be affected, so maybe rainfall may be more of a problem for us? Very windy, yes, but severe winds? I have doubts.

However the weather is in a very turbulent pattern and potent (and damaging) lows could develop at short notice. The 06Z run of GFS has a nasty looking low over us on Saturday, for instance. Definitely FI, but it shows the pattern.

post-11059-0-01247800-1391336834_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 3

Posted

Hi Steve, problem is rain is the last thing we need more of, I am fed up with it as it is washing away the local wetlands, how ironic that wetlands have too much water!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Radar showing another angry blob heading our way.  

post-10773-0-03994100-1391337606_thumb.jI think I may have found a way of stopping the angry blobs ..... http://youtu.be/DL8_rlxXQHgMorning all - a lovely bright Sunday morning here :-)
  • Like 5

Posted

Thanks Weather -history, I am crying in my cornflakesPosted Image

That event was far worse for London and its suburbs than for my neck of the woods, which was somewhat unusual. Snow at the start quickly changed to sleet, as we were affected by a zone of slightly milder air, on the east Essex coast, so we had days of thawing slush (and not particularly deep snow to kick off the event)

We've had better snow where I live, in every subsequent winter.

However, I can only describe this anecdotally, as I was in Mauritius at the time (gnashing my teeth and bemoaning my luck at missing the first significant snow since '91) I only found out about how poor it was for my village when I returned home.  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Steve, problem is rain is the last thing we need more of, I am fed up with it as it is washing away the local wetlands, how ironic that wetlands have too much water!

Yes, that's what I was saying. On a fairly long drive recently, it's obvious how many flooded fields there are all over the south of England. If that filling low on Wednesday stalls, it would provide far more rain than a vigorous and fast moving depression, for which wind might be the biggest problem. :(

It'll be really nice when a break in all this happens, whether it's a mild or cold one.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, that's what I was saying. On a fairly long drive recently, it's obvious how many flooded fields there are all over the south of England. If that filling low on Wednesday stalls, it would provide far more rain than a vigorous and fast moving depression, for which wind might be the biggest problem. Posted Image

It'll be really nice when a break in all this happens, whether it's a mild or cold one.

wiv ya bro Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

i am crying in my cornflakes

Cornflakes !!! ??? Its all your fault Chris for eating the wrong type of cereal, your flakes should be frosted ...post-10773-0-70878600-1391338417_thumb.j(Other brands of cereal are available but who cares I'm going to be in so much trouble now - see you all later .. if I ever get allowed back off the naughty step lol)
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Morning all, just, from sunny brentford. The birds have nearly eaten all the nuts I put out yesterday, noisey green parrots mainly. And squirrels. Long tail tits have been hoovering up bits on floor. Haven't seen the chaffinch boys n girls for a week or so, nor the dunnock.

Looks nice out there, shame have the lurgy, feel awful. Know some of you have also had it.

Have a jolly good Sunday !!

• Like 3