Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all, just, from sunny brentford. The birds have nearly eaten all the nuts I put out yesterday, noisey green parrots mainly. And squirrels. Long tail tits have been hoovering up bits on floor. Haven't seen the chaffinch boys n girls for a week or so, nor the dunnock.Looks nice out there, shame have the lurgy, feel awful. Know some of you have also had it.Have a jolly good Sunday !!

lurg is out among us :( ,not feeling too fantastic myself, have a fear tomorrow will be a challenge.

quite bright and dry here still.

watching BBC news 24 and showing live flodding, amazing to see but devestating for those affected.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Morning all, just, from sunny brentford. The birds have nearly eaten all the nuts I put out yesterday, noisey green parrots mainly. And squirrels. Long tail tits have been hoovering up bits on floor. Haven't seen the chaffinch boys n girls for a week or so, nor the dunnock.Looks nice out there, shame have the lurgy, feel awful. Know some of you have also had it.Have a jolly good Sunday !!

Yes, Ruthie, I too have this lurgy that doing the rounds. Feel pretty grim and while others are shivering...I'm boiling hot. Hope you feel better soon. And anyone else who has it. :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Just checked my yahoo email and the ads suggested I need mature dating and joining facebook, well I am not going to join facebook Posted Image

ooooh sun is out now.

Posted

Second day in a row here with sunshine and a wind that's lighter than expected.

A chance for most of the region to dry out a bit, then we have next week to look forward to .....or maybe not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Hope you feel better soon, regards next week, it is certainly not looking good at all, seems this winter is proving to be a very atlantic driven one, if this continues then I truly hope it changes for the spring and for sure the summer.

Thanks. It's either some bug or we are going to get some serious weather. I have the head from hell and can't barely stay awake. Gonna walk doggie and then maybe back to bed but I can't resist the sun. Have a good day all. Will look in later to get JP's nightly round up. Enjoy the sun! Edited by Storme
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

lurg is out among us :( ,not feeling too fantastic myself, have a fear tomorrow will be a challenge.  quite bright and dry here still.  watching BBC news 24 and showing live flodding, amazing to see but devestating for those affected.

The sun keeps going in here, back again. So lovely to see it! The the wildlife sound so pleased.Temp is 38.2 and so gonna head back to the sack, such a pain as had so many chores to do.Get well all!!
  • Like 2

With everyone having the lurgy I have just made sure that my computer virus checker is up-to-datePosted Image

On a serious note the Snow Board of the Snow Depth Cup meet yesterday to discuss trading.  The directors were all present, Sir Thomas of Croydon, Junior Apprentice Chris and our top legal advisor Mr AS of the south (no job too big unless it's cutting the grass on a Sunday).

The auditors 'Rain Bucket and Storm' advised that they had no reason for us to call in the receivers 'Weather from the West incorporating Jet Stream PV' as based on having no snow stock this year to melt there is no chance of any liquidation.

i would get my coat however I have put it away due to the mild weatherPosted Image

Sun is out here and reading 8.7c with the wind moving the trees.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day again today, sun some, some cloud but a lot better than during the week. All downhill from here though

Posted

lurg is out among us Posted Image ,not feeling too fantastic myself, have a fear tomorrow will be a challenge.

quite bright and dry here still.

watching BBC news 24 and showing live flodding, amazing to see but devestating for those affected.

no idea what flodding is :lol:

Posted

Just been out to take my car off charge (buggered battery) and it is fantastic out there, dry, sunny and even warm in the sunshine, plus the birdsong is very proud today, ready for spring now, sorry all you snow lovers.

Posted

Blue sky and sunshine here in Surbiton; not been out as working on son's latest Youtube animation with him, happy to be indoors actually. 

Husband can't work out if he mysteriously hit a pipe in the middle of the garden that we can't see, and this has filled the hole he was making for the concrete fence post with water, or if the water table in the garden is now so high it's just filling the hole. Either way, despite the break in the weather, he can't make any more fence progress until (if) it empties.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

I am going to make a break for it and take a stroll to the next village (just called parents and father in background said he had beer, be rude not too I think).

enjoy your day folks :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Guess nonone watched my vids :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Buckinghamshire & Slough

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Thurrock & Southend-on-Sea

Heavy rain and very strong winds will move northwards across the UK from Tuesday evening onwards through much of Wednesday. This could bring widespread rainfall accumulations of 20-30 mm across many southern and some central parts of England and Wales as well as eastern parts of Northern Ireland, with in excess of 40 mm in some spots. Accompanying this, very strong winds are likely with gusts of 60-70 mph likely, mainly along exposed coasts, and perhaps even 80 mph along some coastlines in the southwest.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption from flooding given the rain falling onto saturated ground. Strong winds may cause some damage, with disruption due to fallen trees particularly likely. With large waves and high tides, there is a further risk of flooding in some coastal areas.

Issued at:

1134 on Sun 2 Feb 2014

Valid from:

1800 on Tue 4 Feb 2014

Valid to:

2300 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

A low pressure system is expected to develop in the West Atlantic on Monday, deepening rapidly before moving northeast across the UK late on Tuesday through Wednesday. Given the rain associated with this system, and the saturated ground in many areas, there is a potential for further flooding from surface water or from rivers. This risk is highest in south west England, central southern England and parts of South Wales. Very strong winds with this system could in themselves lead to disruption and will also bring the potential for some coastal flooding due to large waves and high tides.

• Like 1

Posted

Guess nonone watched my vids Posted Image

I have! Looks like they're *just* coping at the moment?

With all these floods the water seems to be so brown carrying so much silt and mud, is this going to end up blocking up waterways everywhere?

Posted

Hi There SE Gang,

Thames Barrier was raised yesterday due to storm surge. Environment Agency are concerned about the next storm late Tuesday into Wednesday and will keep the Thames Barrier activated.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon guys. Lovely day at there today. Days like this make me long for summer warmth and outdoor activities....

Have a good one all. Off out for a spot of lunch now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Where can you find daily satellite images of the UK?

Posted

Guess nonone watched my vids :(

I watched them too..can't believe how fast moving they are! I bet a lot of people on the banks of the river there will be getting nervous.Does anyone know what the river running right through the centre of Canterbury looks like at the moment? If you're local you'll know what one I mean...under the main High Street where Pizza Express overlooks it and the witch dunking chair is? Edited by lottiekent

Posted

Bognor Cam  with sound lol http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Off to do some house chores before my wife reads the riot act to me Posted Image  Then, it's Arsenal v Palace time.....Come on you Eagles, give Arsenal a run for their money Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Got back from the dog walk. Sun is really warm. Still feel bad so a spot of lunch and maybe shut eye for a bit. Not looking good for Tuesday.

Enjoy the sun Posted Image