Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Ruth's roof is still on top of the house!!Sorry but my poetic whatever doesn't flow as superbly brilliantly as jenny janes or abbruzi spur!!

i have to confess, its an old rhyme, I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Wind speed picking up...Rain....here again.

Wind speed forecast for early am tomorrow.

Posted Image    Posted Image

Precip current till am 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Now we need a Miles to watch out for his tiles and a man call Justin to watch for his dustbin Posted Image

Now we need a Miles to watch out for his tiles and a man call Justin to watch for his dustbin Posted Image

And Keeley to protect her Wheelie?

Posted

Ruth rode on my Harley,on the seat in back of me;I took a bump at 95and rode on Ruthlessly.

Oh these posts may be a bit off topic but that had me spluttering red wine over my keyboard.

There was a young storm called Ruth

who seldom told the truth,

she said "I'm a child and really not wild"

Tomorrow will show the truth.

• Like 2

Posted

Wind picking up a tad in Ippy but no rain yet. I'm also developing a headache. Could it be the incoming storm causing it?

Stay safe, folks. Posted Image

Could be, I sometimes get a headache when a storm arrives, although its calm here for the moment.But I think tere's another six hours before it gets here.

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all..Hope everyone well. Would have posted this morning, But lack of time, Drove down the hill this morning to a river bed of stones that had washed of the fields,WOW..The speed humps had turned into miniature cobbles and wobbles....Anyway next one due in soon,They are like trains arn't they, Well in fact the Atlantic more reliable lol.I am hoping that now the Express have jumped on the Atlantic express for "The Biggest storm ever" than 87.

Our fortunes have now changed, I wished they had changed weeks ago,As we can shovel snow....but not rain.Posted Image

And wasn't it in November when they said we would have 6 months of severe winter weather with snow until May? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

what about fred to protect the shed,russ to protect to bus,carry on

Posted

HD Image solar flare...

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

*cough*

If you're blessing this hallowed thread with poetic musings tonight, please could you at least pop your current weather conditions in? :D xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

miles off topic!

hang onto yer tiles, Giles

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I've just had to phone Netflix to sort our Account out.

The very helpful girl I was speaking with was based in Michigan. She said "is it cold where you guys are?".

Talk about taking the Swearing AGAIN.

• Like 1

Posted

God i hope not.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

*cough*

If you're blessing this hallowed thread with poetic musings tonight, please could you at least pop your current weather conditions in? Posted Image xx

OOPS! Sorry Jo. Here in Bognor Regis is isn't sunny, it is dark. GULP! Serious now, it is dry, Force 6 gusting Force 8 SW wind.

Looks likely to be worst here at 3:00am tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh I thought he was going to watch out for his wellies.

Nice and weather related.

My 4 year old niece told us her nursery school teacher had read them 'The Wind in the Willies'. Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

God i hope not.

Posted Image

So the black is off the scale and stronger than 150kph?  Also what exactly do the storm motion charts mean as they are often different to the wind charts?

Posted

Evening all!  Just wanted to send my thoughts to BJ and Sussex Jules, it's tough dealing with sick family. And Katie I hope you get the break you clearly desperately need.

So, it's going to rain tomorrow, with gale force winds.  I hope you all have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow except stay indoors and chill until this wild and windy Ruth has gone on her way. 

• Like 6

Posted

Ruth's roof is still on top of the house!!Sorry but my poetic whatever doesn't flow as superbly brilliantly as jenny janes or abbruzi spur!!

Ruthie, thanks, you're Welsh so poetry and music is there, just let it out, go for it!Last summer in North Pembrokeshire it was about 10 in the evening, the westerly location meant it was barely dark, and I could hear this wonderful singing across the village. I admit I had had one or two Welsh ciders by this point, but I went out to try to find the sound, ended up about half a mile away from the house and there was one of those Welsh family gatherings, great grandparents down to tiny tots, a gazebo up in the small garden on the corner plot, and such a musical family celebrating an 80th birthday. The proud father/son watching over his daughters and the daughters of their friends singing on the steps of the back door, sometimes with backing tracks sometimes solo. Must have been a bit odd me standing respectfully away watching, but they noticed me and said come along, worked out I was probably not dangerous and let me listen, chatted away about music, I spent about an hour there, it was fantastic, wandered back to our place about 11, still warm, almost dusky light, got asked where I'd been, said out for a walk. True enough I guess. Could do with a warm summer's night like that right now.Still wonder sometimes if I dreamt the whole thing but I'm pretty sure I didn't. the power of music, especially on a warm summer's evening, is wonderful.AS Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Posted Image

That low centre looks further north than I'd thought it would be... is that windier for us in EA (NIMBY) or less windy?

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Nate needs to protect his gate. Mike needs to take care of his bike. Len needs to batter down hatches for his hens.

In other news; Charlwood is getting an increasingly strong breeze with the odd stronger gust. Precipitation is light but continuous.

Edited by Storme
  • Like 1

Posted

Some strong gusts picking up here in NW London......

I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with London!! :/

Edited by geri2k

Posted

the "ruthlessly" reminds me of something we used to do which was say that a person did something in some way, and I've forgotten most of them, there were loads,

eg

"Its on fire!" the fireman said heatedly

"i can't remember my lines in the play", the carpenter said woodenly.

etc.

weather - still calm.

• Like 1