Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Thank you JP for that forecast. OH convinced we here will not get it too bad. Let's hope he's right.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just comparing the encroaching Rain on the radar with the Wind speed on Xcweather. I know I say this every time we have a wind event, but if you're interested in readings (and there is a delay on the wind speeds) then http://www.xcweather.co.uk is good, and the NW radar is top notch.

Looks bumpy eh! Actually felt quite cold on the commute home tonight. Think I have told the OH too much about frontal rain, because now he's saying we don't need it on because the temp will go up when it arrives! *fail* my rain alarm is going off at the moment, but my Weatherstation hasn't pinged any warnings yet. It's forecasting just under 20mm for here in the next two days.

Stay safe folks and keep us updated!

• Like 2

Posted

Rain near london looking at. The. Radar

Posted

Just got back from my birthday meal,talk about the calm before the storm!!!!! Very quiet out there.My weekend off so don't have to drive in it for a change,got a very long week next week 3 x 15 hour days and 4 x 15 hour nights so I am likely to be driving through a storm a few times next week John do you have any idea about next weeks weather? Chris

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

watch yer roof, ruth.

Oh, the wit of the youth, Ruth.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just read the thread at the top of he list?confused .com lol

Well awaiting the storm.

Hoping not to lose too many panels this time as was lucky last time.

I do have a weird feeling about the upcoming storm.

Take care all x

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

is it raining yet?  :D

its in London, just talking to a friend on phone she said oh its started raining really hard now.

not in SE18, but no doubt will be soon looking at the radar

Posted

Tonight's storm is called Ruth!! That's my name! Everyone calls me Ruthie though, hence profile name.Raining here now and the wind is picking up.

Really hope you miss the worst of Ruth Ruthie. Hope it doesn't turn out that Ruth is ruthless.

Sorry, sorry! Couldn't resist. ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

watch yer roof, ruth.

Now we need a Miles to watch out for his tiles and a man call Justin to watch for his dustbin Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Now we need a Miles to watch out for his tiles and a man call Justin to watch for his dustbin Posted Image

What the hell is Willie going to do?

Posted

When I was just a callow youthI told something near the truthTo a girl who saw me as uncouthI never said her nameDecades on as wind storms inThrowing up the truthI see the past and know its nameAnd welcome to Storm Ruth

When I was just a callow youthI told something near the truthTo a girl who saw me as uncouthI never said her name 

Ruth rode on my Harley,on the seat in back of me;I took a bump at 95and rode on Ruthlessly.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

What the hell is Willie going to do?

Watch out for his chili, because frankly the loss of chili is the worst thing that could happen in the entire world Posted Image

It's dry here at the moment (desperately trying to regain weather related discussion but probably too late.)

I'm guessing Andy Murray needs to watch out for his curry

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all..Hope everyone well. Would have posted this morning, But lack of time, Drove down the hill this morning to a river bed of stones that had washed of the fields,WOW..The speed humps had turned into miniature cobbles and wobbles....Anyway next one due in soon,They are like trains arn't they, Well in fact the Atlantic more reliable lol.I am hoping that now the Express have jumped on the Atlantic express for "The Biggest storm ever" than 87.

Our fortunes have now changed, I wished they had changed weeks ago,As we can shovel snow....but not rain.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Watch out for his chili, because frankly the loss of chili is the worst thing that could happen in the entire world Posted Image

Oh I thought he was going to watch out for his wellies.

Nice and weather related.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

It's dry here at the moment (desperately trying to regain weather related discussion but probably too late.)

I'm guessing Andy Murray needs to watch out for his curry

And all these years I thought it was Ruby...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

River is getting very high here, may go down to the local meadows (orton mere/ferry meadows) to check out the nene tomorrow if i can. 1998 will be one heck of a challenge to beat though, them floods were something else. Some very wild weather to come though folks, so please all stay safe. We all know what can happen when caught out in extreme conditions.

Flooding here too and still rising.Shall go out tomorrow and have a look!Agree it's not as bad as Easter 98, that was unbelievable. Caused by a stationary weather front,was nearly cut off here by water from the Great Ouse!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Ruth's roof is still on top of the house!!

Sorry but my poetic whatever doesn't flow as superbly brilliantly as jenny janes or abbruzi spur!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Wind picking up a tad in Ippy but no rain yet. I'm also developing a headache. Could it be the incoming storm causing it?

Stay safe, folks. :)

• Like 1