Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

i'm still waiting for them to come and remove the five puddles on my lawn

Get them to install one of these for you......

post-10773-0-77943900-1392630882_thumb.j...

.......should do the job nicely Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Good morning campers,

The day started off with lovely sunshine but has rapidly descended into overcast grey cloud. It was such a lovely day yesterday too. Ah well........fence fixing for my son when he returns from work Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

The Parks Trust

The big clear up is well under way after the weekend's storms

post-10773-0-90433100-1392639486_thumb.j

Rob Riekie, Head of Operations at The Parks Trust, said:  “We’re still assessing the situation but early indications show that our parks haven’t had this amount of storm-related damage for about 10 years.  Our Direct Works team has worked hard over the weekend and will continue the clear up this week.†

The Trust has put the damaged trees into two categories.  Category one will be treated as a priority and these trees have been assessed to be in a dangerous situation, for example, blocking a footpath or perilously close to properties.  Category two applies to trees that have fallen down in grassed areas or within a plantation but are not causing immediate concern. 

The damage is spread across the Trust’s 5,000 acres of parks but has mostly affected trees grown in more open areas such as river and brook valleys.  The Poplar plantation and Middleton areas of the OuzelValleyPark have experienced losses with six or seven trees having their root plates completely forced out of the ground. At the MK Rose in CampbellPark the newly planted hedge had several sections blown over. 

Teams are also doing a sweep of the canal broadwalk from the north to the south of the city to remove any debris. 

Rob added:  “We’re very grateful to the public who have reported damage to us.  If you see any trees that are down it would be really helpful to give us the precise location and perhaps a photo.

http://www.theparkstrust.com/about-us/media-centre/post/355-trust-begins-storm-clear-up---17-february-2014

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all, lovely start to the day here, hope it will last for once Posted Image

Happy birthday Matt, your birthday has just reminded me it's my sister's on Wednesday too, card and prezzie to sort out!

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted

Happy birthday Captain, gloomy here again not really cold but not very warm either, not raining, no wind.Just a lull in the weather.

Anyone know what we are expecting next? more storms, rain, snow, etc?

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like a bit of everything, JennyJane, but all on quite a muted scale. Some breezier days, a bit of rain, the odd sighting of the strange yellow ball in the sky, but nothing like we've been having. Which is a major relief to all, I'm sure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Remained a dull day here, only a few short light showers for a change and that wind is a lot calmer than of late, if I have to forego sun for calm and dry for a while I will take it.

For some reason today seemed to last twice as long as normal, glad to be back home now (pesky excel crashed 3 times trying to compile a large report, so still have that joy to come for the morning).

Posted

Afternoon All,

I hope we all had lovely weekends and made the most of the lovely sunny day yesterday.  I'm currently enjoying a couple of days off work - going back on Wednesday is going to be a killer!

Today as been pretty good all in all weather wise - it's been dry at least and as I type the sun has made an appearance Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just noticed a few rain spots against the kitchen window, it is dull and overcast out but not thick cloud, not sure if that will be tonights weather theme, well I have no need to go out anywhere till tomorrow anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sunny this morning and most of afternoon, but now clouded over and they look like rain clouds. Comme d'abitude.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Sunny this morning and most of afternoon, but now clouded over and they look like rain clouds. Comme d'abitude.

Looks like rain in london too, we might be getting a break from the wind this week but not the rain. The flooded areas need at least a month of dry weather to improve and according to the latest weather models, we are stuck in a rut for the rest of February, although with more breaks between the storms. High pressure in the Pacific to blame, it has been stuck there all winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all funny old day, had a tad of brightness earlier but didn't last too long,

Saw some interesting bent trees on walk to station this morning. And lots of branches and bark stripped off trunks!! Odd!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Don't laugh, but a 5' shark (a real live one) was seen in the River Stour in Essex last summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10282891/Five-foot-shark-swims-up-river-in-Essex-countryside.html

What has happened to the comment panel? It's pale grey Courier and I can hardly see what I'm typing. Annoying.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

hi iceni when u type look above the B you will see something looking like a switch click it once and u should get back to normal

• Like 2

Posted

What has happened to the comment panel? It's pale grey Courier and I can hardly see what I'm typing. Annoying.

If you click the little switch top left of the editor (should be the only button which is working), it should re-activate the buttons and get everything back to normal !