Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

James Madden / Steve Murr Posted Image

thats maybe a little unfair, at least steve admits and explains why he is always wrong......

• Like 1

Posted

ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

pretty average to slightly above temps for london

wind

Posted Image

the odd breezy day

NOTE NO MAIN WIND EVENTS ON THERE

GFS LOOKS a tad ott 24th on

rain

Posted Image

i see no signs of an atlantic onslaught on these

some rain yes

onslaught no

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html?eps=london

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Has anyone heard from Surrey whether he's OK or whether his house has been flooded? Hopeully not. (That's hopefully he's not been flooded...)

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

It's ok we all make mistakes and it made me chuckle anyway - had visions of a huge plug in the sea ...

first time:I have smiled today. Thank you Lassie x
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Has anyone heard from Surrey whether he's OK or whether his house has been flooded? Hopeully not. (That's hopefully he's not been flooded...)

I think he's still making sand bags with all the sand he had delivered - hopefully they have done the job !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556299/Flood-misery-months.html

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

a long piece but a lot of photos there as well

not sure about the headline though Posted Image

god bless the environmet agency

i'm still waiting for them to come and remove the five puddles on my lawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Last I heard on here, his power went during the storm and they can't repair till the area is not flooded. He didn't say weather he himself was flooded or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

god bless the environmet agencyi'm still waiting for them to come and remove the five puddles on my lawn

Is that some kind of sick joke... if not read this:http://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/forget-agw-somerset-was-flooded-by-e-a-incompetence/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

more of a dig at their incompetence which makes them not fit for purpose

with some sarcasm thrown in

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

how bad was the storm in dover alexisj9

Not that bad here really, very noisy but the christmas and st jude ones were worse. Lost more fence panels though. and during the day it was still gusting strong enough to push wheelie bins already lying down across the road during showers.

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's fit and well and ready for the week. Not a breath of wind out this morning and dry, didn't see any frost. The 'ole saga has taken a serious turn for the worse yesterday on looking into it (BJ just for you) I felt movement (not my bowels) underfoot, the little bit of path left for me to get out of my gate have started to collapse into the aforementioned 'ole. I don't mind admitting it I panicked and ran indoors doing a good impression of a screaming banshee, the wife looked at me in total disbelief, and decided to inspect for herself, I like any dutiful husband warned about her excess weight being put on the collapsing pavement, she hit me, ok you'll right I should have been a bit more subtle and I should have ducked. She roped up (it is a very deep hole, although I don't think its a plug :-) hole as we are at the top of the hill) and looked like Sherpa tamsin (spl?), thought the googles and lambs wool hat was a bit OTT, but hey she was happy and to be fair it was an improvement on her normal attire.

She ventured out and with me hanging onto the rope for dear life, she stood an the pavement, which immediately started the very short journey to the centre of the earth, did she panic of course she a woman, she jumped up and down and screamed blue murder, I suggested she got off the offending pavement prior to her and me falling into the 'ole, as her considerable weight was pulling me with her. Luckily she did as told and jumped backwards into our garden (at least where she landed dosen't need the heavy roller on it) and hit me again as apparently she a bit sensitive about her weight since Christmas. When I pointed out we are now marooned in our house, with only a weeks supply of food and we would have to stay put and perhaps even talk to each other, well she panic even more, and at the top of her voice, told me that she hated me and would rather take the chance with the 'ole than stay a week with me, at which stage with all the neighbours leaning out off their windows laughing, she decided to hurdle the front wall, this would have worked and to be fair to the old girl, it was a good idea, but I think she should have really have taken the roped off first, because I imagine it was painful sitting astride the brick wall. I got the blame for that, and the state of me this morning, reminds me off the great cockney song, 2 lovely black eyes.

Well have a great day.

• Like 6

Posted

For those who like snow and football below hopefully is a link to an article in the daily mail, hopefully this will work, it's called snow joke and features football in the snow over the generations, hope you enjoy as much as I did. My favourite was the Eddie Firmani photo, I can remember sitting on top of the east terrace admiring his skills as a six? year old, what a player and just shows how far we have fallen over the years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532837/Kenny-Dalglish-Alan-Shearer-Colin-Bell-Football-snow-Golden-Years.html

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

Oh my Kerry I am crying with laughter at your post. Posted Image

It's a cool 5.8c here with milky, cloudy skies.  I'm missing the sun already. :(

Happy birthday today to Winter 63, Leigh D and of course our very entertaining Captain Shortwave.  Hope you all have a great day!

Today I'm sorting eldest's wardrobe as nothing fits. There will be moths coming out of the back of her wardrobe where no man dares to roam, but I think the moths in my hubby's wallet will be in more abundance.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It was quite frosty here first thing with a bit of mist over by the river. It was quite wintery looking and more in keeping with December/January. It is too little too late IMO. I would have preferred that kind of weather earlier ta very much.

Is it going to rain today? I have two flat viewings (groan) and do NOT want a repeat of Friday's fiasco. :(

Have a good day, folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

After such a beautiful day yesterday with plenty rays of sunshine to enjoy today seems like a step back into the gloom and doom, a dry spell would be nice but it would seem there is more rain to come….and then a Viking apocalypse !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/viking-apocalypse-2014-ragnarok-due-3153959

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, lovely start to the day here, hope it will last for once :)

• Like 1