Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all!  A positively balmy 8.0c here today.  It's raining still. Went to bed and it was raining, woke up and it's raining.

Have a good day all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Mild here, like elsewhere. In fact yesterday didn't feel like a winter's day at all, as it felt slightly muggy, to go with the mild.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Goodness me but its quiet in here. Has everyone slept in this morning.......COME ON, YOU LOT....OUT OF IT, GET OUT OF THAT PIT!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning all,

feeling depressed today....i think its the weather...and the tax bill :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A light shower is passing overhead here.

Carol K mentioned the chance of hail and thunder today, for a few of us, on the BBC this morning. I wonder?

• Like 2

Posted

morning all,

feeling depressed today....i think its the weather...and the tax bill :-(

Feeling depressed  and can't even blame the weather or tax bill  :-(

Posted

A light shower is passing overhead here. Carol K mentioned the chance of hail and thunder today, for a few of us, on the BBC this morning. I wonder?

Hey, Steve.....you've managed to cheer me up with that. Thanks matey! :) Heres hoping we get some.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Can I be the first to say I'm bored with sink holes? I really am.

Really here is another one for you then !post-10773-0-69799000-1392717963_thumb.j130-ft-deep sink-hole in ‪#‎Derbyshire‬ caused by Christmas stormsTorrential rain over the festive period has caused a 130-ft deep and 160-ft-wide sink-hole to form in the Peak District.The growing hole that was part of the old Mill Dam Lead Mine near Buxton in Derbyshire, caved in overnight after water eroded the earth underneath, causing the whole area to collapse.According to local people, the land began falling in on Sunday.Electrical engineers assessed the site on Monday to decide how to re-route electric cables, after two poles were left dangling either side of the gaping hole.Although there has not been any official reason for the ground collapsing yet, according to the British Geological Society, mining can be a factor in causing sinkholes. The process can cause the ground to fall in either by de-watering and lowering the water-table, or by intercepting clay filled voids which go on to collapse.Several sinkholes in Norwich have been caused by old chalk mines intercepting otherwise stable sediment-filled voids.Most areas in the ‪#‎UK‬ susceptible to sink-holes are relatively small or are in upland rural locations, with the Peak District having a relatively small population of 37,905. Other areas include areas the Mendips, parts of Wales, and the northern Pennines including the Yorkshire Dales.

Posted

Goodness me but its quiet in here. Has everyone slept in this morning.......COME ON, YOU LOT....OUT OF IT, GET OUT OF THAT PIT!!

Actually I've been to adsa and back (including having breakfast there) and all before 10am !
  • Like 1

Posted

Daily mail saying MO forecaster predicted that next week we will have more jet stream storms...

With another cold plunge affecting the US there is a risk that this could lead to the Jet Stream strengthening again and another potentially stormy and disruptive spell of weather developing for the UK as we head into next week. The models are hinting at the possibility of another low pressure system moving across the Atlantic and crossing the United Kingdom as we approach the coming weekend, the patterns are remarkably similar to the destructive ones we've just experienced, this is a long way off and hopefully things won't develop like this !

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Risk of heavy showers and even thunderstorms today for SE England and E Anglia, which could bring a risk of more localised flooding, given saturated ground, where the downpours fall. Have issued a storm forecast for today:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=6c593ac48ca10d66c4e6d0c7eb243653

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 4

Risk of heavy showers and even thunderstorms today for SE England and E Anglia, which could bring a risk of more localised flooding, given saturated ground, where the downpours fall. Have issued a storm forecast for today:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=6c593ac48ca10d66c4e6d0c7eb243653

Top lad Posted Image

showers firings now

• Like 2

Posted

Variable amounts of cloud and an odd glimpse of sunshine in MK with some frequent heavy showers popping up - hopefully we will get more than one or two rumbles of thunder and the possibility of some hail......I'm not expecting to get a severe thunderstorm today, they only happen in MK when I'm not here !!

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a nice shower of very spring like rain here and now the suns out. I feel something in the air........ Here we go then, the stormy season will soon be upon us and I will, hopefully not be as bl**dy disappointed and frustrated as previous years.

Got the window open and it's lovely and fresh. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Risk of heavy showers and even thunderstorms today for SE England and E Anglia, which could bring a risk of more localised flooding, given saturated ground, where the downpours fall. Have issued a storm forecast for today: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=6c593ac48ca10d66c4e6d0c7eb243653

I really hope so - I could do with some thunder later today. It's been nothing but boring rain all morning!
  • Like 2

Posted

Feels like spring today.  Even more so that last night was the first time in ages that leaving work the sky wasn't pitch black (it was still dark, but every little counts!)

And the daffs are flowering.  

No doubt next week it'll be back to miserable gales and rain!

• Like 1

Posted

No doubt next week it'll be back to miserable gales and rain!

We MAY see a more stormy pattern setting up beyond this week but that is a long way off and is quite speculative at this stage, it's been a long time since we've seen a week without any weather warnings ....post-10773-0-79322900-1392724097_thumb.j...best make the most of this quieter time just in case !
  • Like 3

Posted

I really hope so - I could do with some thunder later today. It's been nothing but boring rain all morning!

feels pleasantly warm and spring-like in the sun while out recently, will certainly add fuel to the boiling clouds around here, already been lightning from a heavy shower north London recently.

• Like 2

Posted

A couple of very heavy showers including hail here in 'horrible Harlow, enough to flood the car park.

Tipping it down again, at 1:15 in Harlow. Sound like thunder as well, unless someone's moving something heavy about outside, will need boat soon to get to car, then bigger boat to pull me out of car park.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A light shower through here not long ago, doesn't look all that lively on radar for here at the mo.