Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers, cold winters

For me next few days are looking calm. Rain on Thursday maybe a bit windy but nothing like what we have had before. Some models showing more stormy weather on Monday but its to far of really. For now though fairly settled with highs above average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

12 July 2013

Posted Image - Enjoy our stormy sun while it lasts. Sunspots may disappear altogether in next cycle. When our star drops out of its latest sunspot activity cycle, the sun is most likely going into hibernation, scientists announced today.

Three independent studies of the sun’s insides, surface, and upper atmosphere all predict that the next solar cycle will be significantly delayed—if it happens at all. Normally, the next cycle would be expected to start roughly around 2020.

The combined data indicate that we may soon be headed into what’s known as a grand minimum, a period of unusually low solar activity.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still dry an calm here (having a DVD/MUSIC night)

Posted

ecm 12z ensembles

temps

Posted Image

nothing cold-nothing warm

however note 26th on shows some colder ensembles

wind

Posted Image

some breezy bits but nothing strong

gfs loses it again 26th onwards

rain

Posted Image

looks mainly dry barring the odd bit of rain

26th onwards gfs goes way out of kilt with the ensembles

i still do not see an alantic onslaught on these

• Like 1

Posted

What you watching listening to. How is the cocketial

check out the "what your listening to" thread (mainly 70's/80's)

yeah tieals are fine thanks Posted Image and quiet for a change.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hello allHas anyone heard form Coast (Robin)? I tried to send a PM but can't. I miss his posts and presence here.Earlier it was raining gently in Reigate, but now it's damp and still.Sunday in Brighton was uplifting, people emerged from rain-sodden and wind-blasted hunkering to walk on the beach, smile at each other, stretch limbs, shake off greyness and reach out to sunlight. We sat in the gardens that are shared by the residents of the square, late afternoon, and the sun was forcing its way through the slowly decaying leaves and branches of a huge tree that had been knocked to the ground on Friday night. As the slow breeze moved the remains it looked oddly alive despite being at 90 degrees to its normal standing, families and lone walkers were drawn to it like looking at the body at a wake, pausing, fascinated, though the difference here was that lots of children clambered all over it leaping off the branches and laughing, the tree still giving something wonderful even as it lay exposed and gone, its roots out of its nourishment, it's days slowly ending. It will, for years, leave its scars and its marks on the land, even when there is nothing really left.AS

Well, I've been a bit teary all day (all of us here having to move and I'll miss this house despite the dramas of the past year) and that was so poignant, AS, that the dam has all but burst. :( So moving and vivid. Lovely. Still very mild here and like an April evening. I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer now.
  • Like 5

Posted

Well, I've been a bit teary all day (all of us here having to move and I'll miss this house despite the dramas of the past year) and that was so poignant, AS, that the dam has all but burst. Posted Image So moving and vivid. Lovely.

Still very mild here and like an April evening. I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer now.

I hate moving if you like a place ( I rent ) so know what you mean, as for coast, I have no idea but have become worried of his current conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well, I've been a bit teary all day (all of us here having to move and I'll miss this house despite the dramas of the past year) and that was so poignant, AS, that the dam has all but burst. Posted Image So moving and vivid. Lovely.

Still very mild here and like an April evening. I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer now.

Posted Image  made me sad reading this.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone fine and well, funny AS I nearly posted a similar thing about Coast yesterday, miss his wit and weather chat, I wonder if it was work related as he was quoting some big export order. Hope he's well.

Off to the heart of Kent today, enjoy my jaunt down seven mile lane, let's hope its open and no trees have fallen, that was a great piece that AS wrote about the fallen tree in Brighton, boy he can sure write a good item, wish I was a talented as that, suppose if I keep trying I might get to being about 50% of his writing skill by the time I retire.

I thought Iceni piece was great as well, I have been arguing her points for many years, but unfortunately without her eloquence.

I hope you all have a great day this dull, grey dreary day in dirty Dartford, oh no news on the 'ole front it's the same as yesterday, although the state of the path has deteriorated and now feels like you drunk when you walk on it, in fact next door dog refuses too, which has lead to some hilarity as the owner tries to pull him, and he just sits down, and looks at him with his sad mournful eyes, dogs is winning 2 nil at moment.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, grey start to the day here but certainly not cold. Definitely feels like Spring has arrived of sorts.

Posted

Had a look on UKWW (Uk Weather World) the last few days as Convective Season is almost upon us and Robin is happily posting away over there so he is still around.

Posted

Coast has probably moved on from netweather due to 'personal' reasons.

probably best to leave it at that.......

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I to was wondering about coast? Hope alls ok

He updated his status with lyrics from the song "Everybody's Talkin' " the last I knew, so his absence is deliberate. Whether he meant the words literally, or metaphorically, I wouldn't know. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Benign is how I'd describe the weather here this morning. A wood pigeon is cooing nearby to add to that feeling.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning Gang,

I think we need to start a "bring back Robin" petition.

grey and boring this morning. Looks like it might brighten up later.

So sorry to hear of all the probelms some of you have been having with flooding (Luke and others)......My thoughts are with you all. x

• Like 3

Posted

Morning All,

Not a bad morning out there today - the grey and murk is clearing and I reckon it's going to feel like a nice warmish springlike day - shame it doesn't seem set to last Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull but very mild and still in The Swich this morning. Makes a change, but at the moment, I would prefer some turbulance to match the turbulence 'upstairs' if you know what I mean. :) Feel very edgy and a tad miserable about moving.

Oh well, hope you all have a good day my dears. Take care, and all you affected by floods....hope you soon dry out and are back to normal. :)

• Like 2