Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

You have my sympathies K with regards to moving home - when my mum and dad moved out of the home I grew up in I cried buckets (even now I get a bit upset that my safe haven and the place I have such happy memories has gone) - even though I moved out in 2000, mum and dad where still there until they moved in 2006.

I think it was made even worse that the reason they had to move was due to the neighbours and not because they wanted to - I think it would have been different if they hadn't have felt pressured into it.  But as my dad says, you have the memories in your head and heart and no one can take that away from you.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

I know one or two people have a trip abroad coming up soon so I thought this might be useful....

The new Met Office Holiday weather pages provide in-depth weather information on a number of popular resorts around the world. There are rainfall, temperature and wind speed graphs, information on sunshine or snowfall amounts and even some information on sights to see when you get to your chosen holiday destination!

Find out the average weather for your holiday location at bit.ly/Holidaywx

Meantime here in MK it is dry and bright with just a tease of blue sky here and there - have a happy hump day !

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all on what is a dull and dreary day here in the suburbs. I'm not quite sure what to make of this forum anymore, I'll put it down to my medication.

Have a good day all Posted Image

Posted

Morning All,

Not a bad morning out there today - the grey and murk is clearing and I reckon it's going to feel like a nice warmish springlike day - shame it doesn't seem set to last Posted Image

yes, i may even take my lunch break in St James's Park today... if i manage to get a lunch break that is :rolleyes:

Morning all :D

• Like 1

Posted

yes, i may even take my lunch break in St James's Park today... if i manage to get a lunch break that is Posted Image

Morning all Posted Image

If your popping out can you get me a tuna sandwich please...I'm hungry Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

If your popping out can you get me a tuna sandwich please...I'm hungry Posted Image

and a mashed potato sandwich with peas for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Fab day here.... really feels like Spring - famous last words....

In fact I'm going to celebrate with a Nutri Bullet - one of these and they're brilliant. It's got me down nearly two sizes since I bought it last year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutribullet-Nutri-Bullet/dp/B00AN040LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392816649&sr=8-1&keywords=nutribullet

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Useful advice from the Association of British Insurers for residents affected by the ‪‎flooding:

https://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files/Documents/Publications/Public/Migrated/Flooding/Responding%20to%20major%20floods%20-%20what%20to%20expect%20from%20your%20home%20insurer.ashx

And here in MK we have a problem with wood theft....

Since the storms of 14th February 2014, MK park rangers have reported five known incidents of wood theft from grid roads or parks to Thames Valley Police.  Two of these incidents involved individuals using chainsaws in a public place with no safety precautions for the public and using no protective equipment themselves.

They are asking people to report to Thames Valley Police any suspicious unmarked vehicles (all of The Parks Trust’s teams and our contractors work in branded vehicles and can be easily identified) removing wood, specifically using chainsaws without protective equipment or signage.

Dawn Morland, Leading Community Ranger at The Parks Trust, said:  “We are concerned, not just about the theft of wood but the potential for individuals to injure themselves, the public or anyone challenging them about taking the wood.  So, if you see any suspicious activity please do not challenge anyone yourself but report it directly to Thames Valley Police by calling 101.â€

The Thames Valley Police incident numbers are:

DC4408085/14 Two incidents on H3 Kiln Farm, one involving a chainsaw

DC4405816/14 Two incidents on H7 Shenley Lodge

URN 464 16.02.14   One incident at Poplar Plantation, Middleton involving chainsaws

The Parks Trust is putting all the trees damaged by the storms to good use.  Some will be chipped for use in landscape operations, other trees will be used for the Trust’s firewood sales and some wood will be left in place to provide wildlife habitat.

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

The RSPCA have released the latest rescue figures, the Rescue teams have been tackling the problem of animals stuck in the floods and so far they have rescued 586 animals, including 3 Chinchillas and 15 chickens:

http://www.rspca.org.uk/media/pressreleases/details/-/article/PressNumberOfAnimalsRescuedByRSPCAFromFloodsDoublesInThreeDays

• Like 3

Posted

I always worry about the wildlife in hard weather conditions. :(

It's been a lovely morning here, but now it's clouded over and although it's 11.8c here it feels cold.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The RSPCA have released the latest rescue figures, the Rescue teams have been tackling the problem of animals stuck in the floods and so far they have rescued 586 animals, including 3 Chinchillas and 15 chickens:

http://www.rspca.org.uk/media/pressreleases/details/-/article/PressNumberOfAnimalsRescuedByRSPCAFromFloodsDoublesInThreeDays

We walked down to the little brook which runs through the woods and along the track. My black Lab will usually jump in any water as he loves it, but took one look at the torrent the stream's turned into and said (doggy language) "Not today, that's too fast." He's so clever.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Did Coast delete his account? :(

Posted

I always worry about the wildlife in hard weather conditions. Posted Image

Same here....haven't had to worry about de icing the water for the birds this winter though and they haven't got through the normal bucket of fat balls either - I had a finding NEMO moment reading the RSPCA report that fish had to be rescued from the floods....

post-10773-0-66363200-1392820865_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been to the shop and it's glorious out there. It's sunny, mild but some massive dark clouds floating up from the S/W but all have a silver lining. Very appropriate ATM. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Very dark clouds appearing here from the west, but nothing on radar - can anyone to the west of me advise as to what's coming my way, please?

Posted

Very dark clouds appearing here from the west, but nothing on radar - can anyone to the west of me advise as to what's coming my way, please?

Murky here but at least it's not raining !

Posted

Murky here but at least it's not raining !

Cheers MK.  I suspect it's just a sheet of cloud.

Posted

Cheers MK.  I suspect it's just a sheet of cloud.

Well my rain alarm hasn't gone off - quietest it's been for days (and the same could be said for in here)

I've heard the Thames peaked 24 hrs. ago and has now dropped 5 cm in Abingdon, no measurable rain for 4 days now which should help Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Well my rain alarm hasn't gone off - quietest it's been for days (and the same could be said for in here)

I've heard the Thames peaked 24 hrs. ago and has now dropped 5 cm in Abingdon, no measurable rain for 4 days now which should help Posted Image

That's going to be very welcome, but it's such a small improvement considering the vast amount of water in that area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Strange day in the orifice, but it seemed to pass a bit quicker than the last two did, have to nip out quickly but then that is me done for the day, no idea what i'm doing this evening, not made any plans, no idea whats on the telly, may watch the rest of skyfall (again), then again may read a bit or do some drawing.

Been another day of sunshine then cloud, morning was quite impressive for sunshine, afternoon not so, but no rain Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

That's going to be very welcome, but it's such a small improvement considering the vast amount of water in that area.

However brief a respite it is I'm sure it will be welcomed by those affected by the flooding.....

post-10773-0-50636300-1392825574_thumb.p

Satellite image of the low pressure system set to bring wind and rain to the UK tonight into Thursday, it’s a much weaker system and is positioned much further NW of the UK so winds will not be disruptive thank goodness, I'm sure we have all had enough now and are ready to move on !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

However brief a respite it is I'm sure it will be welcomed by those affected by the flooding.....

Posted Image1796423_288528344634486_1994924592_n (1).png

Satellite image of the low pressure system set to bring wind and rain to the UK tonight into Thursday, it’s a much weaker system and is positioned much further NW of the UK so winds will not be disruptive thank goodness, I'm sure we have all had enough now and are ready to move on !

Indeed.  Mind you, the local BBC forecast is suggesting heavy rain and strong winds on Sunday.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster