Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 30th March 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Clouds building in London but the storm risk is still low. As 09 says, cloud cover is preventing convection from getting going because it's prohibiting the build-up of CAPE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just feels autumnal! Light rain and misty or smoggy I should say and cool. Really not was expected back on Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi AJ, there is likely very little to no CAPE at the moment because of dense low-level cloudcover. Though without looking at the relevant ascents, couldn't say with any certainty.  Those CAPE progs hinge on much higher temps and sfc dewpoints than is currently being observed.  CAPE builds with insolation, of which there is distinct lack of. 

Can someone please define insolation, I think I know what it refers to but I hear the phrase banded about and wanted to be sure. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just feels autumnal! Light rain and misty or smoggy I should say and cool. Really not was expected back on Monday.

Lol.... Temps on monday for today were in the low 20s....Here in the Midlands try 7c to 10c ...... Posted ImageNOT!! .....Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No lightning detections from what I can see, but there is an area of torrential rain knocking on my doorstep which is continuing to develop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

No lightning detections from what I can see, but there is an area of torrential rain knocking on my doorstep which is continuing to develop

It looks like its moving due North at a very slow pace so I'm not getting too excited just yet, you might get lucky I suppose, AJ. Darts time for me now, Thanks to Triple for the explanation of insolation too.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Couple of showers have exploded into life just SE of Birmingham seen on radar and sat24.

No sferics.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

It looks like its moving due North at a very slow pace so I'm not getting too excited just yet, you might get lucky I suppose, AJ. Darts time for me now, Thanks to Triple for the explanation of insolation too.

hey GTLTW it seems very strange outside.. Is it a fair bit of pollution or is there a storm brewing. Can't make it out.

Posted

Couple of showers have exploded into life just SE of Birmingham seen on radar and sat24.

No sferics.

Clearly noticeable http://www.sat24.com/en/gb and heading my way....No sferics.. I'm sure i'll let you know Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looks like a very wet evening in the offing for my area, with a finger of very heavy rain stretching from the south coast towards the south midlands, all edging very slowly northwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

looks like a very wet evening in the offing for my area, with a finger of very heavy rain stretching from the south coast towards the south midlands, all edging very slowly northwards

It may just slide to my west but I'm keeping a watch on it for if it turns thundery (although that is unlikely). In all honesty I will be glad to see the back of all this cold, grey crud. Edited by Supacell
  • Like 1

Posted

Those developments SE of Bham really showed that even if the cloud was some somewhat thinner we could have something pretty damn special for April today. Oh well! Im sure there will be more chances soon. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Germany and poland are getting all the fun and games at moment , while I've got heavy drizzle !......

Today cold, Mist & murk ... And right now, heavy rain here http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess= But no Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Today cold, Mist & murk ... And right now, heavy rain here http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess= But no Posted Image

12c is average for April DWW

Posted

12c is average for April DWW

Lucky for you Posted Image Max out at 10.1c but noticed some at 7.1c ... I presume you're in Wales then.

Posted

Lucky for you Posted Image Max out at 10.1c but noticed some at 7.1c ... I presume you're in Wales then.

14c here but damp, 12c I meant at Coleshill close by you.

EDIT You are right the 12c maximum was yesterday evening on ogimet, Coleshill day max 10c that is rather cool I guess.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

14c here but damp, 12c I meant at Coleshill close by you.

EDIT You are right the 12c maximum was yesterday evening on ogimet, Coleshill day max 10c that is rather cool I guess.

Can't moan too much! The poor folk on the east coast of Scotland have had it for many days.

Sorry! Left you guys out on the east coast of northern England toPosted Image

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Can't moan too much! The poor folk on the east coast of Scotland have had it for many days.

Sorry! Left you guys out on the east coast of northern England toPosted Image

Todays the day when all this fog and murk is pushed away (according to GFS)..hurray..!!! 7-8 days without sunshine is enough to drive even Laserguy mad ( well probably not).. At least we had a pretty good thunderstorm just before the fog arrived..

• Like 3

Posted

Todays the day when all this fog and murk is pushed away (according to GFS)..hurray..!!! 7-8 days without sunshine is enough to drive even Laserguy mad ( well probably not).. At least we had a pretty good thunderstorm just before the fog arrived..

lucky so and so we didnt just ended with load polution, defra had us on level 9 out of 10 we still high 8 today but media ignored it.  Might just be whisper of it breaking here.

edit tempreture has shot up today wonder this improves chances convective action 14.7c at moment here

Edited by vladthemert