Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

If this lot happens i will strip naked find the highest point around here and wave a very long metal pole around....Will also film it..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I would encourage people not to click on links to the Express. Hits will only encourage them to continue to post such BS.

How right you are, when it was posted in the Status Updates yesterday, i couldn't even bring myself to read that rubbish!

Why peeps read this utter s!#t, then talk and moan about it, the mind boggles!

It makes complete sense when Nick says...Hits will only encourage them to continue :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

It keeps trickling further and further south.  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Bristol's chances are getting better and better. But I must keep my feet on the ground until Friday.

• Like 2

Posted

Look at these cape values!!looks like their spreading west all the time!models were showing the highest cape to be east midlands a couple of days ago but now they look like spreading as far west as wales and northwest england. ...

post-9030-0-38159600-1401877827_thumb.pn

post-9030-0-31071700-1401877873_thumb.pn

Edited by shaky
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can't emphasise enough that the models are not screaming massive outbreak of thunderstorms - GooFuS in particular has precip models at odds to a certain extent with the storm risk. Furthermore, for us in the south there does not seem to be much thunderstorm activity across N and W France to be imported.

That said, with an unstable atmosphere, falling pressure and a front whipping in from the Atlantic it could very much be a case of models struggling to get grapple with the whats, wheres and whens.

At the moment, I'm looking forward to the heat and humidity for the end of the week...but I'm not too excited yet re storm chances.

Posted

Absolutely Shaky, You can see the differences between yesterdays and this morning's :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

why do i get the feeling the north east are going to get the best out of this setup? :( Not that i'm wildly jealous or anything:p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Look at this now for me for next week - woohoo!

post-21857-0-16883000-1401879293_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I can't emphasise enough that the models are not screaming massive outbreak of thunderstorms - GooFuS in particular has precip models at odds to a certain extent with the storm risk. Furthermore, for us in the south there does not seem to be much thunderstorm activity across N and W France to be imported.

That said, with an unstable atmosphere, falling pressure and a front whipping in from the Atlantic it could very much be a case of models struggling to get grapple with the whats, wheres and whens.

At the moment, I'm looking forward to the heat and humidity for the end of the week...but I'm not too excited yet re storm chances.

Harry, I disagree mate.

GFS precip models are notoriously unreliable and personally I pay them little interest. 

IMO the 06z run at face value oozes potential for strong thunderstorms to develop ahead of INVOF an advancing cold front providing forcing, with dewpoint speads in the upper sixties over central southern england, very high surface CAPE values as well as very high mixed layer CAPE, the air is bouyant as the lifted indices show, with steepening lapse rates in the mid levels and an initially capped atmosphere that will erode during the early afternoon, and with a theta-e rich plume of most air to tap into....strong surface based storms and active elevated storms are quite likely

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I think I speak for the majority here when I say we don't want to see a video of you naked, waving your pole around!

Ahhh but my METAL POLE is at least 8ft high

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

The MO have now put the UK in a yellow blanket for Saturday with only Scotland poking out of the top!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'd say there has been a substantial shift in it all, the high dewpoints were definitely not that far west yesterday/day before.

post-15177-0-48418800-1401881890_thumb.g

The boundaries are surely where to look, 850 poteq temp and geopot temp give an idea at the moment. It reminds me of a few weeks ago?! South/Southwest, running Northwest in to Wales and beyond again, at this stage anyway..

post-15177-0-04338000-1401881897_thumb.gpost-15177-0-15052800-1401881903_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'd say there has been a substantial shift in it all, the high dewpoints were definitely not that far west yesterday/day before.

Posted ImageRmgfs818.gif

The boundaries are surely where to look, 850 poteq temp and geopot temp give an idea at the moment. It reminds me of a few weeks ago?! South/Southwest, running Northwest in to Wales and beyond again, at this stage anyway..

Posted ImageRmgfs819.gifPosted ImageRmgfs812.gif

21c DP will feel incredibly sticky. But if it helps thunderstorms then I'll put up with it...

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely Shaky, You can see the differences between yesterdays and this morning's :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

damn right and am surprised more people haven't posted about this!!
  • Like 1

Posted

21C dewpoint is pretty amazing for UK

Wish it were...-21c :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I will take this now - Bristol area has 70%/80% chance of storms from 12:00 through until 18:00 maybe just after.  

Thats incredible. Just hope this verfies.

post-15744-0-52600900-1401884277_thumb.p

NMM looking interesting for early Saturday, coming into the range of the high-res models now. 1,500 J/kg MUCAPE cape and LI of up to -7 moving up in the plume, a very warm airmass indeed.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

A cape in place across to the E but expect that will break later no problem.

Posted Image

The jetstream giving an extra bit of oomph to developments, decent shear too. Looks like all the ingredients for some lively thunderstorms.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 4

Posted

damn right and am surprised more people haven't posted about this!!

It as moved Westwards quite alot, I was going to post this one from two days ago! But i thought peeps on here would say that's where it will end up :laugh:

Posted Image