Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It's bound to go downhill from here: M&S have just put out a whole range of summer blouses and frocks. Today's been cold, grey, occasionally drizzly and overall, just disappointing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Amazing what a few miles can do to the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Mind you we are on top of a hill so we do tend to get the extremities.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Mind you we are on top of a hill so we do tend to get the extremities.

Never knew that, that might explain it!

Posted

Been raining here all day. Started heavy then turned into drizzle all day now cold outside only 16 deg was wet and dull yesterday too.

Can't believe this is supposed to be summer. My little corner of the BI has been plunged into autumn for the last 2 days roll on the storms this weekend.

Posted

Storms?

I am working tomorrow so that means warm and sunny here :p

Posted

Just found a decaying mouse in my garage! Made a nest in some carrier bags! The cat bought it in months ago, thought it had eaten it! There was poo everywhere and the smell of the rotting corpse was enough to make you :bad: :bad: ! Too much information! Sorry got carried away, I'm sure nobody really wanted to know all that! :laugh: Weatherwise, gloomy, muggy but at least it has stopped raining! 

Humidity 80%

dew point 16.8c

Pressure steady!

Wind NW 6mph

Temp 20.7c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hello All,

Been reading your posts and it feels like I live in a other country.. Very warm n sunny here today and far too warm now...

Unless you all been pulling my leg? I won't be needing any heating on. I am currently the radiator it is so warm.

Posted

Hello All,Been reading your posts and it feels like I live in a other country.. Very warm n sunny here today and far too warm now...Unless you all been pulling my leg? I won't be needing any heating on. I am currently the radiator it is so warm.

Not been cold here for ages! Looks like it's those further east and towards the coast! I want the humidity to buzz off! Had enough of it!

Posted

Hello All,Been reading your posts and it feels like I live in a other country.. Very warm n sunny here today and far too warm now...Unless you all been pulling my leg? I won't be needing any heating on. I am currently the radiator it is so warm.

Hi Polar Bear

There seems to have been a distinct east-west divide in the region over the last couple of days.

Posted

Just in from the garden, very warm and humid here still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bore-fest weather at the moment! Cloudy all day, had a few drops of rain but nothing useful. Feeling warm and muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Been raining here all day. Started heavy then turned into drizzle all day now cold outside only 16 deg was wet and dull yesterday too.Can't believe this is supposed to be summer. My little corner of the BI has been plunged into autumn for the last 2 days roll on the storms this weekend.

It's been the same in South Norfolk as well - autumnal. :angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rubbish in Saffron Walden today, the worst thing is it was starting to brighten up as I left for Benfleet. Now in Great Yarmouth and the sea fog is in full force here.

Tomorrow is looking good here if the for and low cloud clears, 21C is not bad with a sea breeze. Inland....

Posted Image

Mid to high twenties in the longer sunny spells. Chance of an isolated thunderstorm developing too.

Maybe some thundery rain Saturday night into Sunday, but we know how "thundery rain" always turns out :p

Posted

Rubbish in Saffron Walden today, the worst thing is it was starting to brighten up as I left for Benfleet. Now in Great Yarmouth and the sea fog is in full force here.

Tomorrow is looking good here if the for and low cloud clears, 21C is not bad with a sea breeze. Inland....

Posted Image

Mid to high twenties in the longer sunny spells. Chance of an isolated thunderstorm developing too.

Maybe some thundery rain Saturday night into Sunday, but we know how "thundery rain" always turns out :p

Drizzle?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Drizzle?

Damp squib with onions on top.

Nah just plain old steady rain.

Posted

oooh onions

Posted

oooooo squid and onions! Oh squib! :(:p 16.5c, dry overcast but cloudy!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Awake and bored...

As soon as I stepped outside, hello hayfever.

A storm in the Suffolk area on the radar?

Edited by legrandefromage

Posted

From The Met Office

Rain spreading southeastwards, but largely fine and warm in east.

Today:

Cloud and outbreaks of locally heavy rain in the northwest spreading to other western parts during the morning and to some central areas by evening. Mostly fine and warm in the east, but increasing risk of thundery downpours developing later.

Tonight:

Cloud and rain, locally heavy, continuing eastwards to affect most other parts overnight. Rain then gradually easing in the west and some clear spells also developing.

Updated: 0330 on Sat 12 Jul 2014

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Morning all

early start and it has been a warm, sunny and dry one here, tonight looks like fun as long as you do not want to sleep that is, just seen the forecast and looks to be a warm and humid night with rain, storms? who knows.

enjoy your day :)

Posted

Murky start here in the triangle. Hopefully this should clear away to leave a warm and sticky day.

The thunderstorm symbol is used for most of the day here tomorrow. I hate being mocked by the BBC  :rofl:

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Fine and warm in the east? Which "east" would that be then? It's just about the worst summer ever here, how anything is supposed to ripen is beyond me. Dull, grey, drizzly, not particularly warm or humid. I think I've sat outside ONCE after 7pm this year. And don't get me started on the damage done by the gale force winds mid-week......

Posted

Fine and warm in the east? Which "east" would that be then? It's just about the worst summer ever here, how anything is supposed to ripen is beyond me. Dull, grey, drizzly, not particularly warm or humid. I think I've sat outside ONCE after 7pm this year. And don't get me started on the damage done by the gale force winds mid-week......

Just goes to show how a short distance can make a difference to the weather, just goes to amplify the point where a forecast is given for an area at large and then you get people posting that they did not get snow, storms etc but not that far away the complete opposite can be seen.

Welcome to the UK weather :)