Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Feeling very warm in the sun here, No idea what the temp is as out walling in the fields.

Posted

Well the early showers were there, scattered along the South coast then they slowly edged inland while decaying although a few still remain from Wiltshire towards Bristol. Some decent convection on show now the mistiness has lifted and feeling very warm in the hazy sunshine.

With that current fragmented line of showers it may be worth watching for areas further N/NW later on as that instability (weak as it is) continues to move slowly while the heat of the day occurs this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

23.7c with sunny spells and some altocumulus, and feeling very warm. The warmest day of the month so far.

Let's bring it on! Altocumulus! I didn't see that. LOL :D

• Like 1

Posted

24.0c max in Warminster with unbroken sunshine since around 14.00, however a sole lightning strike between Chippenham and Bath in the last hour as a few heavy showers have developed and moved from Hampshire towards Bristol.

Posted

What's the thinking regarding Friday into Saturday then chaps?

We were planning to head down to Mapantz's back garden for some coastal camping at the weekend. However, checking the models, it's now starting to look a bit tasty.

I don't mind a bit of the wet stuff, but I can imagine the ear bashing I'll get from a certain someone... :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yes, just on the 25°C mark here too this afternoon.  Glorious, hazily sunny, warm day, highest temp since early August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A few days away yet folks... But Friday maybe interesting for some, (Thundery Outbreaks) as heat builds this will set off thundery showers,

it will be hit & miss for some but it maybe more widespread also. Looking at the CAPE Values the Midlands are looking good.

Maybe the last BIG BANG of the Summer.... I live in hope :)      Like i said....Few days away yet!

nmmuk-0-51-0_vrw9.pngnmm-6-77-0_vru5.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

What a difference to this day last year, Tues 17th Sept last year washout, torrential rain all day

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Let's bring it on! Altocumulus! I didn't see that. LOL :D

Your slipping up William :) Missing an Ac..

Lovely warm and fairly sunny day max 23c, see it was 27c at St Helier today

Posted

Strange day, clear mild start then thick fog rolled in by 7am, cleared mid morning to give blue skies, then clouded over 12-4pm before hazy sunshine peered through, one of the cooler spots today, max of 20.2c

Very muggy this eve, holding up at 17c still, here's hoping don't get yet another grey weekend of north easterlies!

Edited by conor123

Posted

Your slipping up William :) Missing an Ac..

Lovely warm and fairly sunny day max 23c, see it was 27c at St Helier today

Oh you may altocumulus castellanus? That was present today, too.

Still very warm, this is nearly a repeat performance of the night back in June, a strong E wind and warm before the thunderstorm, hmmm I am getting quite excited now.

Posted

post-2546-0-76838700-1410933367_thumb.gi

:rofl:  Can't make it up really, every weekend.

In other news, muggy night, low of 15.0c, currently grey.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

jusrt watched Fergie's forecast from bbc Points West and he mentioned the chance of severe thunderstorms for the points west region for tomorrow night  :clapping:

Posted

jusrt watched Fergie's forecast from bbc Points West and he mentioned the chance of severe thunderstorms for the points west region for tomorrow night  :clapping:

I saw, looks very encouraging down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

20.5°C  and hazy sunshine.

Central southern parts look interesting late Thurs/early Fri.

The 10km NMM and Euro 4 look very similar. :>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After a dry and cloudy morning ( once the early morning fog had lifted ) we now have thick fog and drizzle. The temperature is 13.9c.

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted

Warm humid and sunny! Max 22.4c so far

Posted

Muggy, humid feel, thick haze once again, max of 20.8c, fair amount of cloud most of the day.

Hoping weather front can just clear south quickly out the way this weekend, anything to shift the grey easterly grot.

Posted

Light drizzle and patchy fog most of the afternoon here, No idea what the max temp was until i get home. Its been good weather for working outdoors..