Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

It wouldn't matter where i lived 'Barry95'...it still wouldn't snow properly, since being 10yrs old it's avoided me or i've been away...if i moved to Derbyshire i bet they'd have the least snow ever...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

When you look at the metO visible sat image you can see just how much cloud that little low ( NW Scotland) has now amassed around it (compared to the shower clouds). That's as lot of snow and high winds under the centre/cloud bands!!

I do see it coming near our region , some times I even think its bound for us!!!

i sure hope so!

heavy snow passed from here, did start covering on soaking surfaces, but now we have blue skies and sun, looking forward to watching radar again tonight to see if we do get more :) :)

Posted

Yeah south Yorkshire will probably do well from that low.

Hopefully we do well but going by the current flow im not expecting anything.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

What a blinding 24h.. I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep! I was up every few hours peeping out of the window and radar watching. Kid's got a snowday, and that streamer this morning gave us a right dumping :) over 10 inch up here.. best snow event so far. ( tried to upload a piccy..Apologies if it's not right)

post-8288-0-02990300-1422546306_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Most likely irrelevant however the GFS 12 shifts the precipitation westwards, possibly hitting the North Midlands and Western areas of South and West Yorkshire... 

12-574UK.GIF?29-1215-574UK.GIF?29-12

Resolution means i wouldn't place much faith in such occurrence, however, highlights some potential interest for tonight!

What a blinding 24h.. I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep! I was up every few hours peeping out of the window and radar watching. Kid's got a snowday, and that streamer this morning gave us a right dumping :) over 10 inch up here.. best snow event so far. ( tried to upload a piccy..Apologies if it's not right)

Fantastic pictures! Which part of Sheffield you in? Have relatives over in Fulwood, can imagine it is bad that end

Posted

Wow fantastic

• Like 1

Posted

well the polar low has been picked up on in the MOD thread and after discussion on if it was an actual polar low, it has been decided that indeed it is lol, getting giddy hoping it will bury our region hehe 

Posted

they have given it its own thread 

https://forum.netwea...ay-into-friday/

:) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

well the polar low has been picked up on in the MOD thread and after discussion on if it was an actual polar low, it has been decided that indeed it is lol, getting giddy hoping it will bury our region hehe 

it would be good indeed! Im not really clued up on these but there is some suggestion that it might not survive this far south. Id have thought the sea track down the Irish sea would be perfect, with the 'warm' water and cold air temps. Its basicaly lake effect snow, which weve had this morning with the streamer. Id have thought the track means its perfect to survive to us. Ill keep an eye on the mod thread and radar lol!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

I fear we may be just that little bit too far north but Sheffield/North Derbyshire looks prime.  We shall see :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Most likely irrelevant however the GFS 12 shifts the precipitation westwards, possibly hitting the North Midlands and Western areas of South and West Yorkshire... 

12-574UK.GIF?29-1215-574UK.GIF?29-12

Resolution means i wouldn't place much faith in such occurrence, however, highlights some potential interest for tonight!

Fantastic pictures! Which part of Sheffield you in? Have relatives over in Fulwood, can imagine it is bad that end

just a bit further up at lodgemoor :)
  • Like 1

Posted

I fear we may be just that little bit too far north but Sheffield/North Derbyshire looks prime.  We shall see :)

ahhhhh noooooo lol, dont say that, not sheffield again haha, they have had enough, i bet they are sick of the stuff now  :D  :D

• Like 2

Posted

Polar low looks interesting, pretty certain it won't reach here but will it have any impact on tonight's precipitation, bringing it further west perhaps? One to monitor :)

Temp 0.5c so should start freezing over 

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

ahhhhh noooooo lol, dont say that, not sheffield again haha, they have had enough, i bet they are sick of the stuff now  :D  :D

NEVEEEEEEERRRR!!!!  :p  :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

NEVEEEEEEERRRR!!!!  :p  :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

haha, sure you have, come on dont get greedy now LOL

Hopefully we might do better out of this polar though that is developing :) certainly looks interesting indeed!! fingers crossed

there is uncertainty over it even reaching this far south, i have my fingers firmly crossed on this one, barnsley needs a pasting :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Sounds like northern Ireland into Wales and into South west for this polar low. Ah well.

Posted

Sounds like northern Ireland into Wales and into South west for this polar low. Ah well.

yeah but thats just a prediction terrier. This is very open to changes and nowcasting. Its back to the radar tonight :)

That track will be centre of it so the front should spread out from that so I would say West and South Yorkshire are in with a shout still tonight. And as were to the NE of it, that helps keep us in a snow zone

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I've enlightened the 'polar low' thread as to which thread had the observation of the forming low first!!!

Just to say the PL moved around its parent low as well as 'with' the general movement of the parent low ( whilst spinning its own cloud around it!) .

With that in mind I think she will come in somewhere from across SW Scotland to the Mersey? that would put most all of NW England and West Yorks/South Yorks in the firing line as it passes out into , and out of Derbyshire heading SE to the coast?

I was well happy to see the circulation closing ( 10a.m.) and then see its central pressure dropping! Could be a helluva night from midnight on???

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Finally after 2 years we have whiteout from that band that came over just woop :))

Posted

I've enlightened the 'polar low' thread as to which thread had the observation of the forming low first!!!

Just to say the PL moved around its parent low as well as 'with' the general movement of the parent low ( whilst spinning its own cloud around it!) .

With that in mind I think she will come in somewhere from across SW Scotland to the Mersey? that would put most all of NW England and West Yorks/South Yorks in the firing line as it passes out into , and out of Derbyshire heading SE to the coast?

I was well happy to see the circulation closing ( 10a.m.) and then see its central pressure dropping! Could be a helluva night from midnight on???

Perhaps something like this?

post-6181-0-27481200-1422550401_thumb.pn

Precipitation (slightly) too far west on the GFS

3-574UK.GIF?29-12

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Perhaps something like this?

attachicon.giftrack.png

It will die off well before getting anywhere near the SE, might make it to the midlands.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

A few more echos now showing up on the radar again. Moving SE still. Should make it to Leeds and Sheffield areas hopefully. Keeps us topped up lol until the polar low later :p