Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Nick F: Going by the ECM, South Yorks looks very good! That's only one model, however, and the situation is very uncertain. We have clients in South Yorkshire so might alert the duty forecaster to the potential if he hasn't already seen it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

The models show this event just brushing my area so its going to be close!

Posted

The senior Forecaster on the polar low thread states it will decay fairly rapidly once its overland..

EDIT...Lets hope it decays after Yorkshire  :D

Edited by tayzi
  • Like 4

The senior Forecaster on the polar low thread states it will decay fairly rapidly once its overland..

EDIT...Lets hope it decays after Yorkshire  :D

If it is actually a polar low! Plenty of those in the know doubting its polar credentials.

I don't care if Godzilla comes in and tips all the snow over us. Snow is snow, no matter what its origin  :D

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted

I've cross referenced the current location of the low v the projected track using the high resolution net weather model.

I've uploaded it to YouTube

Snow map: http://youtu.be/2LXEhqoI-MY

Track seems about right so far to me a touch further east.

• Like 1

Paul Hudson seems very unsure. Graphics not amazingly helpful (lol), but suggested further snow across west and south Yorkshire but highlighted the uncertainty regarding the track.

Posted

hudsons forecast winds me up! im gonna throw a snowball at him

Il have a stone in middle of mine..what a party pooper

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Light Snow again showers dying as they come off the moors. Something about this cold spell which likes the max temps overnight. NMM has snow hitting us around 1ish in the early hours. Only a glancing blow though

Posted

Its annoying that weather forecasters are paid to forecast but when there is something that their computers struggle with they skip the details.

Posted

Id love that polar low to track further east and give us all a right pasting, proving huddo and the bbc completly wrong :D

Rain/sleet? Pffffffffft.

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Id love that polar low to track further east and give us all a right pasting, proving huddo and the bbc completly wrong :D

Rain/sleet? Pffffffffft

well thats exactly whats going to happen, in my daydreams anyways and will not entertain any other idea haha, bbc can go eat yellow snow!!!   

• Like 1

Posted

To be fair Paul Hudson said it may nudge a little further west to give West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire snow. (on radio leeds on the way home)

Edited by Aaron Roberts

Posted

I'm going to make a call and say its going to miss here tonight. I've been staring at the radar loop and I think it will hit north Wales. Hope I'm wrong....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Blimey its all action in here tonight! I can't keep up, what with looking at the radar, reading this thread, reading the model thread and the tracking the polar low thread! I'm exhausted!

Given we missed out in Barnsley today, I insist the polar low dumps its snow here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Looking at the sat images looks at moment for the center to be making land fall in England at about Preston / Blackpool.

If it keeps on that track and stays the same size / intensity should mean it will hit almost all of West Yorkshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Blimey its all action in here tonight! I can't keep up, what with looking at the radar, reading this thread, reading the model thread and the tracking the polar low thread! I'm exhausted!

Given we missed out in Barnsley today, I insist the polar low dumps its snow here!

i will second that :)

Posted

Just had some light snow. Seems the Pennies are killing precipitation, except for those in the Midlands. Hopefully that nice little streamer can make it over. 

With regards to tonight i'd place the eastern extremities as Leeds, Doncaster down to Retford. Chesterfield probably the best location 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Looking at the sat images looks at moment for the center to be making land fall in England at about Preston / Blackpool.

If it keeps on that track and stays the same size / intensity should mean it will hit almost all of West Yorkshire.

I was thinking thé exact Same thing hopefully it does :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well after taking about 2 hours away from here to clear snow and eat etc its 3 pages later!!! Busier in here than the model thread lol. Great stuff :D

Snowed heavy again briefly around 6:30 but again these latest showers are pushing south.

This polar low is fascinating viewing and it could give us some more later. Another late night and radar watching for me. Whose joining me? :p

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well after taking about 2 hours away from here to clear snow and eat etc its 3 pages later!!! Busier in here than the model thread lol. Great stuff :D

Snowed heavy again briefly around 6:30 but again these latest showers are pushing south.

This polar low is fascinating viewing and it could give us some more later. Another late night and radar watching for me. Whose joining me? :p

That Will be me no work till monday :D

• Like 1

Posted

Remember only a month or so everyone said the Yorkshire thread was dead how things can soon change !!

Great viewing tonight

• Like 1

Posted

Got a nice stream of showers heading in and as of now the low looks like giving South Yorkshire and some of the North Midlands something. Hopefully more can get involved. :)

• Like 1