Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Snowing again here in Chezski

Fingers crossed for more tonight

Already looking good for out region on the charts, could be some big accumilations by tommorow morning!

Very marginal though

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Paul's first weather bulletin will be in an hour. Hope he publishes my pictures. I only sent them in 1200x900 format though, so he'll probably favour more high-res images. 

plz Mr hudson publish me pictures 2nite I luv u and your amayzing shirts lolol :p

I can't always do replays from over here in (snowless - sorry still very very miffed on missing this) Dijon so let me know what he has to say!

Snowie huggie wuggies...

Posted

well it certainly is looking good for us in barnsley! even though we had a couple of CM's this morning nothing to write home about hoping this low produces something better for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looks like South yorkshire could get a real pasting tonight looking at the latest chart updates. Think west yorkshire will just about miss out. But next week still has plenty more opertunitys.

• Like 2

Posted

12zNMM

Heavy snow for the South Yorkshire/Derbyshire area. Note that already the band is further east. 

nmmuk-1-13-0.png?29-18

Tiny weeny eastward shove towards Leeds and West Yorks please. :p

Posted

Looks like South yorkshire could get a real pasting tonight looking at the latest chart updates. Think west yorkshire will just about miss out. But next week still has plenty more opertunitys.

good :) we missed out on alot today here in barnsley south yorks

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

On Radio Leeds he just said a low near Oban could with slight eastwards movement give snow on the Pennines and we should watch Look North at 10-30 when he will know where it will track

At 10:30  it will be near enough on me :p

So he shouldn't really be able to get it wrong on that bulletin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Typical, the region that already has a foot of snow is going to get a 'Polar Low' hitting them tonight, i thought its track might follow the wind direction and come over our side...ah well...

Posted

yes got to admit it looks like west yorks might miss out on this feature but s/sw/c south yorks looks good!

• Like 1

Posted

Didn't you say that last week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Typical, the region that already has a foot of snow is going to get a 'Polar Low' hitting them tonight, i thought its track might follow the wind direction and come over our side...ah well...

I dread to think what it's like a few miles up the road from me  if that comes our way i have a feeling roads to the peak district will become blocked due to falling snow and drifting there are a few areas near owler bar which are notorious for it.

I once had to be dug out by mountain rescue after the wind had whipped the snow up that much it blocked the road  an caused a lorry to jacknife that was at Owler Bar  1ft+ of snow that time and 7-8ft drifts as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

I would't be ruling out West Yorkshire just yet, however areas with a chance, imo, are those in the western and southern areas of the region 

Honestly think everywhere in West Yorkshire will get it, except probably Wetherby.

• Like 1

Posted

Latest from the ECM (from Nick) is precipitation entering NW England, passing through South Yorkshire and into the Midlands. So South Yorkshire and North Mids currently favoured. All we can do now though is watch the radar!

• Like 2

Posted

bearing in mind some parts of Dronfield have 1ft of Snow how much more could we possibly see from these showers coming our way and potentially this polar low? what kind of totals are we looking at.

Posted

bearing in mind some parts of Dronfield have 1ft of Snow how much more could we possibly see from these showers coming our way and potentially this polar low? what kind of totals are we looking at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow !!!!

I might seem greedy with my 4 inches compared to some with a just dusting...but I really want more snow 😆

• Like 1

Yep, amazing to think that more significant snow could be on the way :o

Alex Deakin's 6:30 national update didn't look too inspiring for our region, but I loathe the BBC graphics anyway :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

We'll gfs n ecm aren't the best at guidance for precip.

I hope the NAE is correct! Had it right over Leeds!

Last year it performed well!

• Like 1