Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Well after taking about 2 hours away from here to clear snow and eat etc its 3 pages later!!! Busier in here than the model thread lol. Great stuff :D

Snowed heavy again briefly around 6:30 but again these latest showers are pushing south.

This polar low is fascinating viewing and it could give us some more later. Another late night and radar watching for me. Whose joining me? :p

not me if your gonna hog all the snow like you did today lol gotta say I have seen alot of pictures of sheffield and it looked fantastic :yahoo:

Heavy snow falling now, re-covering the roads that were ploughed earlier :D

Well after taking about 2 hours away from here to clear snow and eat etc its 3 pages later!!! Busier in here than the model thread lol. Great stuff :D

Snowed heavy again briefly around 6:30 but again these latest showers are pushing south.

This polar low is fascinating viewing and it could give us some more later. Another late night and radar watching for me. Whose joining me? :p

Me! My potential four day weekend hangs on the track of that polar low methinks!  :D  :cold:

Posted

well all this talk of snow is making my kids a little jelous, lol. better not tell them the latest metoffice forecast for here is bone dry for the next 5 days. lol

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like bullseye at the moment for us.

• Like 1

Looks like bullseye at the moment for us.

It does, doesn't it. Quite exciting, but my only concern is how the Pennine showers are decaying rather easily over the Pennines. They're still making it to here intact though, but I hope the polar low precip is made of stronger stuff :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

It looks like it's following the track of the showers at the minute. Exciting stuff but I'm trying not to get too giddy.

i always try not to get too giddy...it never works  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Nope, can't see it hitting west Yorks. Its just too far west I reckon. I've been staring at radar and satellite loop for 5 minutes and just can't see it.

However I'm no expert so would happily be corrected or re-educated as to what I'm looking at incorrectly.

• Like 1

Met Office sending the main area of precip over Wales

Midnight 

Doesn't seem to tie in with the current track? I wonder if this is going from previous outputs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

You have to remember that it is following the isobars of the mother low ( and direction of the mother low) as well as spinning itself?

I would not advise just taking a straight bead from the showers as they too are slowly being drawn around the mother low?

Do a straight line and then shunt it east 50 miles or so?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Doesn't seem to tie in with the current track? I wonder if this is going from previous outputs?

Will be.

Latest Sat track still has the center to be on course with land fall around Blackpool / Preston, Rain pattern is changing, but that's hopefully not an issue / sign of weakening.

Posted

Good to hear that the graphic i posted is not accurate, it almost had me worried!

It really looks like we are in a perfect place for this 

You have to remember that it is following the isobars of the mother low ( and direction of the mother low) as well as spinning itself?

I would not advise just taking a straight bead from the showers as they too are slowly being drawn around the mother low?

Yep, wise words. Hopefully it'll be on our doorstep with decent intensity to it. The northeastern side of the low looks great for us if the track stays roughly the same and the intensity doesn't waver too much.

It'll have to be a night of radar watching and nail biting. I realise the unintentional arrogance of saying this when we've already got a lot of snow. I'm just a big kid inside really. Snow is awesome :D

Edited by CAPE-steve

Good to hear that the graphic i posted is not accurate, it almost had me worried!

It really looks like we are in a perfect place for this 

Keep your eyes on the NE edge of the low. Lots of chunky blobs of snowy precipitation heading slowly this way :D I'm keeping everything crossed everyone-world-cross-their-fingers--larg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

After last night I'm not sure I can stay awake to see the outcome.

• Like 1

Posted

We had nigh on a foot of snow last week, I'm glad others are getting there fair share. Not all can be kept happy mind. And some of us have to work whatever the weather, I often wonder how i can make it to work in the heavy snow....but most just give up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Will we be on the edge of it or will it miss us in Huddersfield ? Thankyou

Posted

Arr OK, so on xc weather the 976 isobar is diagonally across liverpool-ish towards essex. The expectation is for the polar low to essentially hit this isobar and then "bounce" south eastwards hence hitting the region? Edited by BA Baracus

Wouldn't worry about the showers fading, Pennines shouldn't really impact this 'event'

I hope not :) To be fair even this plucky little streamer is trying it's best to hang on, like the Tim Henman of snow streamers.

Posted

I hope not :) To be fair even this plucky little streamer is trying it's best to hang on, like the Tim Henman of snow streamers.

Yeah i've been watching that one on the radar, just too far north and east! :)