Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

A friend of mine in Chesterfield said it's raining yet another friend in Unstone said it's still snowing there.

I can confirm that it is most definitely not raining in Chesterfield

Snow still falling here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

The first blob to hit the NW of Scotland has intensified as it came ashore! If this is a 'trend' then it's just about to pop back into the irish sea before hitting lancs ( and pepping up again?) before it hits us?

• Like 2

The first blob to hit the NW of Scotland has intensified as it came ashore! If this is a 'trend' then it's just about to pop back into the irish sea before hitting lancs ( and pepping up again?) before it hits us?

Don't don't don't don't talk this up pleeeeeaaaase! It looks great up there at the moment. I'd bank that precip intensity and track right now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

shall we all just ignore it, see if it makes it mad and intensify it even more  :diablo:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

I can confirm that it is most definitely not raining in Chesterfield

Snow still falling here 

In Hasland

It's Light Rain then Light Snow then Light Rain

Needs to make its mind up

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

But if it makes it to Kendal/Keswick some of us may be in.

Its really hard to tell, but that should be our first firm indication where it will hit in our region. The center is on track to make land fall around Preston / Blackpool area, the full extent of it seems to be about 50-75 miles from the center, so at least the west side of West Yorkshire, should be hit maybe Leeds.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm already pleased with today's offerings... We still have a covering which looks to have frozen up seeing as there's not been any melt and sky's are now clear.

I'm gonna take a few hours, chill, not look at the radar, and then check back later... What will be, will be! :D

• Like 2

It's going to be torture now watching it come down from the NW. I'll sob uncontrollably at every red/yellow pixel that turns green/blue, and cheer maniacally for every pixel that does the reverse!

Someone needs to turn me off for a few hours :D

Posted

Its really hard to tell, but that should be our first firm indication where it will hit in our region. The center is on track to make land fall around Preston / Blackpool area, the full extent of it seems to be about 50-75 miles from the center, so at least the west side of West Yorkshire, should be hit maybe Leeds.

It looks touch and go doesn't it. I think I'm just being negative as full of cold  :cray: lol.  But if ever there was a need for heavy snow and a possible day off work tommorow this it it ; )

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

For Sheffield and Chesterfield region we need to see that PPN around or to the north of Lancaster as it tracks south east. Seems to have matching up to the NMM forecast now. 

Temp is hovering between 0.8 and 1c here. Precipitation if heavy will fall as snow. The rain reports are most likely due to the lightness of that streamer (so snizzle?) 

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Light snow falling ,I'm right on the Sheffield / Derbyshire border ( River Rother) close to Eckington & Killamarsh

Yeah my mates told me it was raining in Chesterfield, they are gutted!

The lack of any real intensity in the precipitation will contribute heavily to that. If/when that polar low gets here, the precip should be heavy enough to ensure snow for most above 150m, occasionally lower in any torrential bursts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

anyone from barnsley got any thoughts on if we will get anything from this? please :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Is it just me that can see that slight eastward direction change of the core?  Or is that just wishful thinking as Barnsley will just miss out at this rate.

• Like 1

Posted

For the record I'm 52 metres above sea level , light snow has now stopped

Posted

Keep usp updated pls on progress of this system.On phone and wont be home while half 10,and only time to look at this thread and raintoday radar stuck for me lol.Cheers