Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

We will be middle to northern edge of that second band the low will have a small wrap around pushing some snow back north. The snow should sit in a line NO -SE before slowly dropping south

Reports of some thunder in Glossop. Never heard thunder during snow, that would be an excitement 

First band inbound, snow reports from Sheffield within the next half hour. Dropped a couple of cm's so hopefully replicated, Not sure if that 2nd band entering Liverpool will get anywhere near us. I suspect now (perhaps Chesterfield at a push). Looking forward to the first snow reports :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

What's the western line on this now? (Thinking of going to bed if i'm out of the equation!)

its been snowing heavily in Manchester and thats reflected on the type radar. this will be snow for yorkshire definately

EDIT: and its still pushing ENE too, should make it to you and onto Leeds

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

its been snowing heavily in Manchester and thats reflected on the type radar. this will be snow for yorkshire definately

i hope so, really want to stay awake, but so tired, but dont want to miss any snow :)

Posted

EDIT: and its still pushing ENE too, should make it to you and onto Leeds

Thanks WC. Hope you're right...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

M62 down to one lane over Rockingstones (J22), but I'm still not convinced there's much more easterly movement in this before it's starts to slip south. Might be a real 'close but no cigar' episode !

post-2239-0-97958000-1422576038_thumb.jp

Posted

its JUST started here now. Looks like its making it over the pennines slowly! Still some bright colours and the next band behind this one is still aproaching for now. lets hope we get some decent intensity!

Posted

We could get very lucky here because its slowing as it hits us.could lead to some prolonged snowfall!

its JUST started here now. Looks like its making it over the pennines slowly! Still some bright colours and the next band behind this one is still aproaching for now. lets hope we get some decent intensity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Seems to have suddenly tracked more south than east, so may slide past Sheffield! Chesterfield looking good

Follow that from the irish sea,thats heading east Mark

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Seems to have suddenly tracked more south than east, so may slide past Sheffield! Chesterfield looking good

yeah i thought the same when radar updated, right beside me aswel, just not close enough lol

Posted

Follow that from the irish sea,thats heading east Mark

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0

As the slow tracks to the south of us, as will the PPN. Think the first band will now miss Sheffield (the heavy stuff) although Chesterfield looking good :). Thereafter who knows, maybe some showers!

Posted

hmmm, the pennines do seem to be having an affect. the midnight radar update is a little dissapointing. Only a few flakes here atm. It may be stuggling to get over, but it usualy does eventualy. That band behind wil catch it up at this rate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

As the slow tracks to the south of us, as will the PPN. Think the first band will now miss Sheffield (the heavy stuff) although Chesterfield looking good :). Thereafter who knows, maybe some showers!

Mmmm,maybe you are right Mark,as the low tracks SE pulling the ppn with it,i will give it an hour to see what happens.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Just started here now - sizeable flakes as well but light â„ï¸â„ï¸

Posted

I'm calling it a night now i think. Chesterfield the sweet spot of our region tonight. Should get a good few cms :). We may get some showers later on though. Annoying how as soon as it got to Sheffield it decided it was time to go south  :laugh: . Still, that is weather for you!

Posted

Seems to be one of those winters where the same areas get hit again and again.

Meanwhile here we're still waiting for the first lying snow since March 2013.

At least its cold at -0.4C so if we do fluke any precipitation there's a chance.

Posted

I'm calling it a night now i think. Chesterfield the sweet spot of our region tonight. Should get a good few cms :). We may get some showers later on though. Annoying how as soon as it got to Sheffield it decided it was time to go south  :laugh: . Still, that is weather for you!

yes its frustrating this! The 00:15 radar update is a big drop in intensity of everything north of Chesterfield. It might not amount to much now further north. Shame but as you say, thats the weather. Im going to wait until 1am and then head off probably.

weve all got plenty more chances of things popping up next week, in all of Yorkshire. Models are now keen on it being cold all through next week. More snow to come I think over the next few days :)

Edited by Winter Cold