Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

For the record I'm 52 metres above sea level , light snow has now stopped

Bloomin eck are you really that low? I'm in Dronfield at 215m asl! I can't be that far from you. I forget how varied the Sheffield landscape area is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Anybody noticed that streamer is starting to move a little more eastwards? Should hopefully start to hit Sheffield :)

Yes ive just noticed that too Mark. seems to be widening a little. Probably something to do with the approaching PL increasing the energy and disturbance of the atmosphere. Lets hope it acts as a homing signal for the main event for Yorkshire!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

I'm already pleased with today's offerings... We still have a covering which looks to have frozen up seeing as there's not been any melt and sky's are now clear.

I'm gonna take a few hours, chill, not look at the radar, and then check back later... What will be, will be! :D

It's just frustrating that a big thaw takes place in next two days!! Wasn't anticipating that with these Synoptics. A shame because Sunday onwards is freezing!!

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Bloomin eck are you really that low? I'm in Dronfield at 215m asl! I can't be that far from you. I forget how varied the Sheffield landscape area is!

Yes, we are really low , I'm about 10 meters above the River Rother , probably one of the lowest points in Sheffield , such a pain when searching for the white stuff ,having come originally from Gleadless Town End , where it always gets pasted ( being a lot higher) , but we have done well these last 3 events ( Boxing Day, last Thurs & today) .â„

Posted

Yes ive just noticed that too Mark. seems to be widening a little. Probably something to do with the approaching PL increasing the energy and disturbance of the atmosphere. Lets hope it acts as a homing signal for the main event for Yorkshire!

Yeah, definitely seems to be now. You watch we'll get that a gap and then the rest will go to the north east of us :p

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Yeah, definitely seems to be now. You watch we'll get that a gap and then the rest will go to the north east of us :p

Yeah noticed it 30 mins ago was moving more easterly than original, just thought was a 'kink' but latest images show its keeping moving more easterly, this rate could hit West Yorkshire bang on.

Center of it could well be as high as Lancaster at current.

edit: Just noticed the cloud size for this seems to have grown - its now massive, its outer edges cover Edinburgh, no precip there of course, but just shows you how this is further forming and not dying.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

If the eastern edge of the precip remains on the same track as the current line of showers heading south east then we'll be close but suspect we will just miss out in Barnsley....but I hope you guys who are thinking there will be a slight eastward movement are right!

Edited by SouthYorks

A lot of rain reports in N. Ireland now. We should be thankful if we do get hit by this feature that we're on the eastern side which is colder :)

This looks like it's going to hit us so I'm going to let myself get excited!

Your excitement fills me with cautious optimism!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think the heavy snow is going to just skirt south of leeds to my despair. 

I think halifax/huddersfield/penistone and sheffield should do well out of this.

Don't give up yet, hopefully we all get some.

• Like 1

Posted

can confirm its just started snowing in Sheffield again! jeez, its almost embarassing now haha :blink2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Word has it it will hit eastern parts of Yorkshire dumping 6 inch and a big gap over South/West Yorkshire :p Sorry guys!

• Like 1

Word has it it will hit eastern parts of Yorkshire dumping 6 inch and a big gap over South/West Yorkshire :p Sorry guys!

Pah.... 6 inches! 

Childsplay :p

Posted

Yeah noticed it 30 mins ago was moving more easterly than original, just thought was a 'kink' but latest images show its keeping moving more easterly, this rate could hit West Yorkshire bang on.

Center of it could well be as high as Lancaster at current.

edit: Just noticed the cloud size for this seems to have grown - its now massive, its outer edges cover Edinburgh, no precip there of course, but just shows you how this is further forming and not dying.

Onwards and eastwards....!!!!

Posted

Is this the current roughly estimated track? 

I'd say that's the safest bet. Hopefully a tad further north and east

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Flipping sheffield, always seems to get lucky with streamers/stationary fronts! Even in 2010 when we had a stationary front and over a foot of snow, sheffield managed more!!

Posted

Ha! Why is it getting embarrassing? We are in the North of England.

haha i just mean cuz Leeds and north and east yorkshire havent had much and ive already got a foot of snow on the ground from this morning lol! Its a little unfair for everyone. I want everyone to share in this :D