Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It will die off well before getting anywhere near the SE, might make it to the midlands.

Would most likely be light, although the lines are more to illustrate potential track over our area

NMM has precipitation in the South and West of our region

nmm-1-13-0.png?29-17

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Would most likely be light, although the lines are more to illustrate potential track over our area

NMM has precipitation in the South and West of our region

If that chart comes off we are in for a real pasting 

Posted

A few more echos now showing up on the radar again. Moving SE still. Should make it to Leeds and Sheffield areas hopefully. Keeps us topped up lol until the polar low later :p

Haha i hadn't even noticed them, too busy watching this PL. Even if it misses us, still fascinating to watch. Hopefully the hills are kind to these next few showers

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Haha I meant solid. I'm sure those in the south east would pay a pretty penny for it though ; )

What's your thoughts on later for us HC

Got about 3-4cm here in Morley it's very cold out in the wind chill !

Edited by Love Snow

Nice to see it being modelled further east than previously anticipated. Very wary of it taking a different track though. Looks like someone somewhere will get a pasting.

We've had ours so as much as I'd like another dumping of snow, I think others deserve it more! :)

Not those moaning southerners though :p

Posted

A few more echos now showing up on the radar again. Moving SE still. Should make it to Leeds and Sheffield areas hopefully. Keeps us topped up lol until the polar low later :p

That shower coming in over Preston seems to have our name on it :p

@Chevweather

Should it hit our region then a further 5-10cm seems possible. Would make for an interesting commute

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

That shower coming in over Preston seems to have our name on it :p

@Chevweather

Should it hit our region then a further 5-10cm seems possible. Would make for an interesting commute

Just been for a drive to Holmesfield didn't dare venture to Owler Bar an Fox House we out snow tyres 1ft of snow easily there cars are buried literally.

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

New to all this so go easy on me :-)

Think this NMM image at 5pm shows the projected track of the 'polar low' above Ireland

post-11617-0-41178000-1422551972_thumb.p

It appears to be much further east on this live radar image

post-11617-0-64739700-1422552014_thumb.p

You can see it on NMM at 10pm tonight over wales

post-11617-0-86799600-1422552086_thumb.p

So could be tracking further east towards Yorkshire which can only be a good thing :-)

• Like 1

Posted

What's your thoughts on later for us HC

Got about 3-4cm here in Morley it's very cold out in the wind chill !

I'm not too confident about later. The way the showers are aligned and what the models show, it looks like the snow showers will be in mainly sheffield/derby/chesterfield... the usual areas lol.

This polar low to the north west is very interesting and will probably give somewhere a dumping, but it's expected to track right down through wales before moving south east. But you never know as the track of these little beauty's can be very tricky to forecast and south/west yorkshire (more especially south yorkshire) COULD be in for a nice suprise.  

• Like 1

Posted

With the direction it's taking right now I'd be cautiously optimistic about our chances tonight but it's a very volatile situation. Still, looking forward to whatever we get because there are some interesting showers looming around. :)

Posted

I'm not too confident about later. The way the showers are aligned and what the models show, it looks like the snow showers will be in mainly sheffield/derby/chesterfield... the usual areas lol.

This polar low to the north west is very interesting and will probably give somewhere a dumping, but it's expected to track right down through wales before moving south east. But you never know as the track of these little beauty's can be very tricky to forecast and south/west yorkshire (more especially south yorkshire) COULD be in for a nice suprise.  

I wouldn't count you out, although further south and west seems better (Sheffield and Chesterfield region). So far its further east than modelled/ Latest NMM has it brushing through south Yorkshire, further north than the 6z. Certainly, whoever it hits, is going to get a decent pasting!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

The latest radar has it much closer to Scotland than where it was originally forecasted!!!

Wouldn't it be amazing if if tracked over us and brought about an amber warning at last minute!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

wow, we've had a right dumping today - 2 foot in fact!  :D  :hi:

post-9352-0-56231100-1422552996_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Well NAE is an upgrade for those in leeds, looks like that really heavy stuff west of scotland could hit us (if NAE is to be believed)

15013000_2906.gif

15013006_2906.gif

If there was a 3am one I'm sure it would show us taking a pasting : )

The latest radar has it much closer to Scotland than where it was originally forecasted!!!
Wouldn't it be amazing if if tracked over us and brought about an amber warning at last minute!

Hell yeah :D

Posted

Well NAE is an upgrade for those in leeds, looks like that really heavy stuff west of scotland could hit us (if NAE is to be believed)

15013000_2906.gif

15013006_2906.gif

If there was a 3am one I'm sure it would show us taking a pasting : )

Hell yeah :D

We need to pray to the weather gods!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted

We need to pray to the weather gods!  :laugh:

Like you guys are saying though, does look a lot further east than forecasted doesn't it : )

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Oooo look what Paul Hudson tweeted.....getting very brave !

Snow showers now returning into Pennine areas, pushing further east in the next few hours.

On Radio Leeds he just said a low near Oban could with slight eastwards movement give snow on the Pennines and we should watch Look North at 10-30 when he will know where it will track

Posted

On Radio Leeds he just said a low near Oban could with slight eastwards movement give snow on the Pennines and we should watch Look North at 10-30 when he will know where it will track

I won't be watching it, that guy couldn't forecast the winner of a one horse race..

• Like 1

Posted

So heres the 6z position of the PP 

post-6181-0-53385200-1422553553_thumb.pn

and the radars

post-6181-0-96839600-1422553553_thumb.pn

Much further east than forecast. Will update with the 12z!

In the mean time another couple of cm's for Sheffield and Chesterfield in the next few hours, according to the radar..

• Like 1

Paul's first weather bulletin will be in an hour. Hope he publishes my pictures. I only sent them in 1200x900 format though, so he'll probably favour more high-res images. 

plz Mr hudson publish me pictures 2nite I luv u and your amayzing shirts lolol :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I won't be watching it, that guy couldn't forecast the winner of a one horse race..

Hey, go easy on PH. At least he admits fallibility when a forecast goes wrong. And he's lovely (very specific, girly comment)