Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

What's happening with the precipitation to the west of Wales?

Dead in the water,irish water,what a waiste of ppn :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

eek, another massive lurch to sleet on the 10pm radar update! All east of Sheffield is now sleet :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

I'm just on the edge of Bradford W Yorks with work, heavy snow here for the past 1.5 hours or so, is this set in for the night? not particularly high 165m ASL?

Posted

For us in leeds, that heavy stuff over northampton/leicter could be of real interest, can it ark round and effect us later, seems to be back building a tad west too.

Agreed, that area of precipitation looks to be intensifying and expanding at the moment as it moves north.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

eek, another massive lurch to sleet on the 10pm radar update! All east of Sheffield is now sleet :(

It looks very much like snow here even though its not settling. I'm about 6ft above sea level.......

When standing.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Amazing how Met Office radar has mass off ppn over us yet it's broken cloud and dry, their weather symbol has changed 3 times in last hr too...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Road covered now, anybody got dewpoint readings.

Regarding precipitation, the band is definitely getting broader over the last 2 hours (width is now the distance from Leeds to Derby pretty much) but the pivot is going to be the latitude of North Yorkshire in the main looking at radar.

I always have Pits data refreshing for WB`s  DP`s etc>

Clicky

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Temperature is still holding steady at 0.3c. I have a good feeling that there is alot more snow to come yet as long as temperatures and dew points remain favourable.

I think even that precipitation out in the Irish Sea will move South and East eventually as the low moves away.

Also that band of heavier stuff pushing up from the Midlands looks good for us in the near future.

C'mon we all need a snow BOOM!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

So I take it barnsley not one of the sweet spots now :( lol, kids were looking forward to chance of a snow day tomorrow haha, no staying up for me tonight then :)

Posted

Radar definitely getting interesting. That clump over us at present is drifting North with it's sweet spot going to the west of leeds. Then there's the Midlands export too.

Could be a long nite...;-))

Edited by NW Leeds Russ
  • Like 3

Posted

Rotherham is literally the only place in South Yorkshire that has no settling snow! Lol

So I take it barnsley not one of the sweet spots now :( lol, kids were looking forward to chance of a snow day tomorrow haha, no staying up for me tonight then :)

Posted

Looks good for your area in about a hour or so looking at the radar

• Like 1

Posted

Radar definitely getting interesting. That clump over us at present is drifting North with it's sweet spot going to the war of leeds. Then there's the Midlands export too.

Count be a long nite...;-))

Yes russ, things looking very good now :)

The way I see it is a long spell of light snow with heavier bursts at times quickly increasing snow depths.

• Like 3

Posted

Radar definitely getting interesting. That clump over us at present is drifting North with it's sweet spot going to the west of leeds. Then there's the Midlands export too.

Could be a long nite...;-))

That's exactly where i am now and its coming down heavily. Already a good cm or so on top of the 3-4inches remaining from saturday could be a fun commute tomorrow morning!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Rotherham is literally the only place in South Yorkshire that has no settling snow! Lol

oh dear, made my last post b4 looking outside, whiteover, so maybe a snow day for kids yet lol, I hope you get some laying snow tonight inghams :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

At the moment the first front looks like slowing up and the one in the midlands looks to join up and becoming one band all heading this way,looks interesting and prob a few surpizes in the miix,only going by latest obs but is looking good.

Still looking good :)

instead of a band from west to east,we now have a band north to south,looks very interesting to me and this looks like the stalling front(north to south)

icing on a cake :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Just reached 2cm for the first time since march 2013!