Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

This time next week expect Welsh forum to explode into action with blizzard conditions in heavy squally snow showers in a Strong N westerly flow  ecm500.192.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

wow,no posts all day then.hopefully there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel at the end of next week!

edit....u posted that as I posted this.perfect timing lol but completely agree with u!

Edited by dbaloo

Posted

wow,no posts all day then.hopefully there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel at the end of next week!

edit....u posted that as I posted this.perfect timing lol but completely agree with u!

LOL the met already seem concerned about the wind strength WE love NWest wind in WALES!

• Like 1

Posted

This time next week expect Welsh forum to explode into action with blizzard conditions in heavy squally snow showers in a Strong N westerly flow  ecm500.192.png

Derek's going for very unsettled end of next week with heavy rain and gales. Can't see any snow.

Posted

Derek's going for very unsettled end of next week with heavy rain and gales. Can't see any snow.e

Expect widespread snow across West UK on a strong bitter cold NWest wind spreading down The UK Friday best spell for WINTRY weather for all the  UK this winter. . :shok:

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

Mod thread is pretty much discounting this in the west yet again

Im pretty confident ,watch the Azores high pull back S West a nice week of NWind which will become a Northerly.Remember Steve they have an East UK bias.because most NW members live there.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No discounting the west in the mod from what I could see. More a rounded discussion as to whether it will be a toppler northerly or not. Could not see a se bias either in fact TEITS mentioned his area (in the east) would miss out in that particular set up, while BFTP emphasised that warnings would be needed for N Wales due to the severe weather it would bring.

• Like 1

Posted

Omg,freezing out there -3 hard frost. Fingers crossed for next week,no doubt it won't materialise or we will miss out. We don't know what's happening the day before although a week out! SNOW!!! ...... Please

Posted

Carol Kirkwood just said its going to be up and down,never heard this before its mild its cold its mild its cold next week.

Could make that a song.

Made a slight air frost last night at -0.3c the snow wants to hang on what`s left of it,lethal out there with black ice.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

You said that about the last cold snap and look what happened!!! A normal January spell of weather, I'll give u the benefit of the doubt on the last 1 because I think you jinxed it. So if it is looking likely please use reverse phycology and say its looking like rain, rain and more rain lol.

• Like 2

Posted

You said that about the last cold snap and look what happened!!! A normal January spell of weather, I'll give u the benefit of the doubt on the last 1 because I think you jinxed it. So if it is looking likely please use reverse phycology and say its looking like rain, rain and more rain lol.

Yes I second that!, after missing out on the last one,will try anything!

Posted

Im pretty confident ,watch the Azores high pull back S West a nice week of NWind which will become a Northerly.Remember Steve they have an East UK bias.because most NW members live there.

Thats true Keith - perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully - sometimes hard to make out in there whether we are having any weather at all - can't blame them when we're in the minority as far as population goes I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Blinking Baltic this morning. Went for a run at 7am and it was a massive shock to the system.

Fantastic frost in AberG. Everything white and crisp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Puddles iced over and a pretty frost here in Cardiff this morning. We finally managed to get below zero last night, shame it's warming up a little.

Posted

No discounting the west in the mod from what I could see. More a rounded discussion as to whether it will be a toppler northerly or not. Could not see a se bias either in fact TEITS mentioned his area (in the east) would miss out in that particular set up, while BFTP emphasised that warnings would be needed for N Wales due to the severe weather it would bring.

The sad thing is Tony we are seeing Snow all around ,hoping for our turn to come and looking to far ahead for a bit of the white stuff,God bless a N westerly :rofl:

Posted

Carol Kirkwood just said its going to be up and down,never heard this before its mild its cold its mild its cold next week.

Could make that a song.

Made a slight air frost last night at -0.3c the snow wants to hang on what`s left of it,lethal out there with black ice.

I had a chuckle at their comments as well on breakfast LOL

Posted

Very good charts setting up for the period 1st to the 8th of Feb snow showers prolonged ,cold with N Westerly wind  and a LP sitting over North looks very promising set up Then even colder.air streams down with snow showers h500slp.pngecm500.240.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

It does Keith as long as those sub -6c uppers actually make it, GFS ENS not terribly inspiring and if not another very marginal situation with largely hill snow yet again!

post-2595-0-13401300-1422093011_thumb.pn

Posted

morning guys, not read through the latest posts so apologies if this has been answered. i have some planned work in Cardiff, Bristol and London next week and need your outlook.  On the MOD thread there is a lot of hype about this incoming northerly blast bringing cold, wintry, snowy and windy period. But I do not have enough experience to understand whats going on in the MOD thread!! Of course I know things can change as this is quite a far off event in terms of models etc. My question is to fellow Welsh people:

When is this likely to be hitting South Wales area?

What can we expect?

How long will this last?

Hoping you can give some opinions etc. Hoping the more experienced here will be able to give info in laymans terms with some charts and explanations. Thanks all and have a fab Saturday.

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted

Doubt it would cause disruption to the lowland south at least in the coming 7 days, more like a wintry showers mix with hill snow from Thursday onwards. An outside chance a longer spell of wintry weather could move down in the NW flow but too far off to be sure at all. I will post my detailed weekly outlook blog tomorrow.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

It does Keith as long as those sub -6c uppers actually make it, GFS ENS not terribly inspiring and if not another very marginal situation with largely hill snow yet again!

attachicon.gifviewimage.png

Expect further upgrades ,,as the week progresses ,this is more than just your average ,winter fare ,watch the Azores high move west ,to allow a Greenland HP to build ,locking the UK in a more sustained Northerly.