Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Snow showers midweek if this verifies,its pretty potent.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=4e

Coldish today at 3.1c currently after a high of 8.3c last night,its called topsy turvy.

All remains of fresh snow gone,just a few remains of snowdrifts from 10 days ago.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Like the last cool snap I'm not expecting much of a cold spell and snow until it says 24hrs b4!!!! There WILL b changes from now till then and usually upgrades then followed by downgrades so no waxing the sledge for me yet lol

Posted

Its works well for me next week mild Monday and Friday off travelling,definately not worth the risk travelling in ice and snow on hills,temps are around averge today,but feels cold with cold air over us 5.2c max.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Expect further upgrades ,,as the week progresses ,this is more than just your average ,winter fare ,watch the Azores high move west ,to allow a Greenland HP to build ,locking the UK in a more sustained Northerly.

Its certainly looking as promising as its been all Winter for snow Keith, still not convinced that the air will be quite cold enough for snow to settle much below 200m, however Wednesday to Thursday looks fairly potent now with -7c uppers, so the showers may well settle more widely during Wednesday night.

Posted

Concentrating so much on the snow potential for the 1st to the 3rd Feb ,the snow looks good for Wales Wednesday Thursday as others have pointed out.uksnowrisk.pnguksnowrisk.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

that's what we like to hear on the BBC weather forecast....briefly mild followed by I quote"a screaming northerly?

Posted

I really don't like to be a party pooper but given our past experiences (last week being the most recent example) of being sorely disappointed, I'm finding it hard to get too excited about this potential cold spell. Charts showed blizzard and TV forecasts talked of several Atlantic assaults on the "stagnant cold air" with excitement which never materialised, and it eventually got so watered down that most of us struggled to see sleet.

If this happens then great, fantastic, it'll make the winter for me, but if it doesn't then I'm largely beyond caring. The two months with the fewest hours of daylight are behind us: once February gets started the increasing strength of the sun will see the back of any lying snow within a day or two. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if this turns into another three day cool spell with temperatures of 3-7C, culminating in a cold rain and sleet breakdown event, with any snow in the usual places.

All this said, I'm starting to question my interest in British weather. Why do we settle for the measly leftovers, the dribs and drabs? Even our greatest, most fondly remembered snow events are not a patch on nor as frequent as those seen elsewhere. The same can be said of our storms, heat, cold, gales and even rain. It really is the height of mediocrity and stinks of desperation on our behalf.

As you can tell I'm feeling rather jaded with the whole rollercoaster ride of UK weather watching where disappointments are commonplace and positive outcomes are rare and vastly overshadowed by events elsewhere in the world.

Climate change is accelerating at such a pace that it makes further severe events less and less likely as time goes on.

Sorry.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

I really don't like to be a party pooper but given our past experiences (last week being the most recent example) of being sorely disappointed, I'm finding it hard to get too excited about this potential cold spell. Charts showed blizzard and TV forecasts talked of several Atlantic assaults on the "stagnant cold air" with excitement which never materialised, and it eventually got so watered down that most of us struggled to see sleet.

If this happens then great, fantastic, it'll make the winter for me, but if it doesn't then I'm largely beyond caring. The two months with the fewest hours of daylight are behind us: once February gets started the increasing strength of the sun will see the back of any lying snow within a day or two. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if this turns into another three day cool spell with temperatures of 3-7C, culminating in a cold rain and sleet breakdown event, with any snow in the usual places.

All this said, I'm starting to question my interest in British weather. Why do we settle for the measly leftovers, the dribs and drabs? Even our greatest, most fondly remembered snow events are not a patch on nor as frequent as those seen elsewhere. The same can be said of our storms, heat, cold, gales and even rain. It really is the height of mediocrity and stinks of desperation on our behalf.

As you can tell I'm feeling rather jaded with the whole rollercoaster ride of UK weather watching where disappointments are commonplace and positive outcomes are rare and vastly overshadowed by events elsewhere in the world.

Climate change is accelerating at such a pace that it makes further severe events less and less likely as time goes on.

Sorry.

jack get a grip its coming. LOL :)

• Like 3

Posted

Please don't blame me if im wrong but POTENTIALLY Wales could see some signficant snowfalls during Wed night/Thurs morning.  Very rare for an unstable W,ly to spread -8C upper temps across the Uk and I feel Wales especially the N could see heavy snow.

• Like 6

Posted

Wednesday night into Thursday morning seems to be the sweet point at the moment and this time the west has definitely not been discounted in the mod threads

Posted

Wednesday night into Thursday morning seems to be the sweet point at the moment and this time the west has definitely not been discounted in the mod threads

What about se wales,don't let us miss out this time plzzzzzzzz :( I feel we are on the borderline,it just needs shifting a little

Posted

What about se wales,don't let us miss out this time plzzzzzzzz :( I feel we are on the borderline,it just needs shifting a little

Very good chance of a covering of snow for all, Showers will be of snow Wednesday night Thursday wide spread, heavy at times across Whole of Wales uksnowrisk.pnguksnowrisk.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

Very good chance of a covering of snow for all, Showers will be of snow Wednesday night Thursday wide spread, heavy at times across Whole of Wales uksnowrisk.pnguksnowrisk.png

Yay,I'm taking your word for it! Look out I will be after your snow if I don't get any! Haha!
  • Like 1

Posted

Yay,I'm taking your word for it! Look out I will be after your snow if I don't get any! Haha!

All showers will  stop 50meters from your house Whiskers had a word in the ear of the weather GODS Lol.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Still looking good for a long spell of sustained cold with further snow at times charts still show cold to at least the 4th of Feb a raw cold/very cold Northerly.ecm500.240.png

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Plenty to look forward to!

post-7982-0-23152700-1422181029_thumb.jp

post-7982-0-40688800-1422181038_thumb.jp

Edited by marclt

Posted

Please don't blame me if im wrong but POTENTIALLY Wales could see some signficant snowfalls during Wed night/Thurs morning.  Very rare for an unstable W,ly to spread -8C upper temps across the Uk and I feel Wales especially the N could see heavy snow.

Yes Teits i expect some amber warnings to be issued Monday morning  .Quite a few  bands of snow showers running across Wales Wednesday into Thursday PPVL89.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

I am very much keeping an eye on the potential northerly.

However I am keeping quiet on this thread for a number of reasons.

1. The current charts don't need ramping up, they do that for themselves. [especially ECM]

2. The charts are still not in immediate range, so always a need for caution,

3. I have made too many posts in the past few weeks and trying to reduce that a bit. :rofl:

Looking very promising, and from an IMBY perspective very much hoping that ECM is right over GFS as this a cleaner and quicker path to cold.