Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - The final stretch to Christmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

btw, i think that was the first run to show an actual SSW !  it will be close. 

Do you meen this Ba,this look astonishing.

post-16960-0-25752600-1419375223_thumb.p

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 4

Posted

Hmmm...I think I will be paying close attention to Mr Ingham's posts from now on.

Yes Yarmy

i had the same idea at the beginning of the thread,post 5

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82079-model-output-discussion-the-final-stretch-to-christmas/

Posted

Incredible... 10c change in the South/South East.

gfs-1-192.png?12

gfs-1-186.png?18

It's all going one way today and very quickly! This easterly has come from nowhere, hats off to the likes of TEITS who predicted it a few says ago (assuming it does actually happen of course!!!).

Weather lesson 15987 relearnt: Don't take the model output as gospel beyond T144 - big changes can always come out of nowhere. Especially when ANY type of heights gets north of our latitude in our vicinity, even teeny weeny ones.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Warmings from start to finish becoming stronger throughout the run , great split through fi aswel , with the final frame showing this post-9095-0-76674100-1419375584_thumb.jp

Feeling much more positive for January now , wonder why Judah Cohens was down beat the other day ? Did anyone read his blog ? I haven't been able to find it !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Warmings from start to finish becoming stronger throughout the run , great split through fi aswel , with the final frame showing this attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Feeling much more positive for January now , wonder why Judah Cohens was down beat the other day ? Did anyone read his blog ? I haven't been able to find it !

https://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation

Interesting Strat updates showing in the models, Lorenzo and BA have some good posts in the Strat thread tonight- https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81567-stratosphere-temperature-watch-20142015/page-43#entry3095798

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmm...I think I will be paying close attention to Mr Ingham's posts from now on.

Its a fantastic post and prediction, credit where its due to him.... although yet to come off of course

Posted

Well, I don't know about anyone else but what a great time for these upgrades to appear. Two days before Xmas and we

have a lot to look forward to in the next few days. I for one am hoping for upgrades in the next 24 to 48 hours.

On a side note, over the years, it has been mentioned that the models suffer some date shortages over the

xmas period. Was this ever the case? And is so, is it still the case ?

• Like 3

Posted

[quote name=

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Right guys n gals we are all getting very excited..... but please for the love of COLD we are not to mention this to anybody.... nobody no matter how close they may be to you under no circumstances are we to say anything not until t24.... and nothing to the kids until t0.....

And Whatever you do don't tell the express!! Hopefully they will be running a headline about the warmest winter on record being forecast tomorrow!!!

Edited by JOPRO
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Its a fantastic post and prediction, credit where its due to him.... although yet to come off of course

Link to his posts? Cheers

Posted

So much for the northerly :-)

We're not there yet though. GEFS are starting to move over, but margins for error are fairly small so more runs needed. As I've been mentioning for a whole though, pressure rises to our NE is at least logical. I'm a bit surprised how far things have moved with the pub run though as my gut feeling was a close but no cigar scenario. The mornings runs will be eagerly awaited (as will any insights from Fergie this evening).

So an easterly and the return of 'Murr' (which given the season seems somehow appropriate). What can possibly go wrong :-)

• Like 2

So much for the northerly :-)

We're not there yet though. GEFS are starting to move over, but margins for error are fairly small so more runs needed. As I've been mentioning for a whole though, pressure rises to our NE is at least logical. I'm a bit surprised how far things have moved with the pub run though as my gut feeling was a close but no cigar scenario. The mornings runs will be eagerly awaited (as will any insights from Fergie this evening).

So an easterly and the return of 'Murr' (which given the season seems somehow appropriate). What can possibly go wrong :-)

An awful lot as you well know. :sorry:

Posted

Link to his posts? Cheers

Here you go TS

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82079-model-output-discussion-the-final-stretch-to-christmas/page-27

POST 538 :smiliz19:

credit to him,i look forward to his details in the future,not discounting all other experienced folk on the forum of cause :smiliz19:

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't know about anyone else but I've had a terrible year lol! An easterly to finish it off would make

up for it in some way though :smiliz19: GFS ensembles have switched, surely all systems go and the

only question is how cold and yes dare I say, how snowy?

• Like 4