Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

I am not looking forward to the morning! Took me 2 and half hours to drive to work Friday morning in lesser snow, due to jack knifed lorries on the A6 south of Bedford, my son was very late for school also because I drop him off in a village on my way! Plus I was grumpy as was stuck on a plane at Heathrow after landing from Oslo night before and didn't get in until midnight, very little sleep then that happened. Will be using my wife's 4x4 tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well the Met Office have played another blinder like Friday morning. As of lunchtime they had it bone dry here for the rest of the week. Only light snow symbols returned this evening for after 2am.

Where did this come from? Took me completely by surprise.

Just in Milton Keynes at the moment, on my way up to Leicester for a funeral tomorrow.

This is what greets me..

post-2115-0-33512000-1422917236_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Early AM start here for me too, 6am but also have a 4x4, got to drive to the Cotswolds tomorrow then back to near Wellingborough in the evening (A45). It will probably be all melted / gone by then though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well that was a nice surprise this evening.  been snowing in Northampton for the past 2 hours and now have a decent covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Why has Shafali on Mids Today said "well it might be February but there is no sign of a warm up". Since when is February any warmer than any winter month??????

She also showed (and mentioned) completely clear skies, while a large chunk of the region was seeing snow at that very moment. And talked about a warm-up later in the week, while showing those pointless little day-by-day boxes showing the temp going slightly down. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

It's definately back building somewhat over Worcester area with a push southwest rather than South .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

There is a huge band making its way S.E just off the north coast of Scotland, is that likely to filter its way down the UK overnight?

Would be nice, but unfortunately that will fizzle out over Scotland during the night and into tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Where did this come from? Took me completely by surprise.

Just in Milton Keynes at the moment, on my way up to Leicester for a funeral tomorrow.

This is what greets me..

Where's that, Leicester or Northampton?

Posted

This is what greets me..

Heavy blob over Oxford now.

You are going the wrong way.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

It keeps promising to stop but now been snowing continuously since 7.15pm!

the moon has poked its head out now so I guess the current snow is coming to an end but I think thoughout the night we may see a few more showers and hopefully thoughout tomorrow.  I think its a snow day for me rather than trying to commute into London and back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

A small sugar dusting of snow in Brownhills around 8pm and looks as though there has been a very slight dusting in Dudley. Wasn't expecting it in either place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Heavy blob over Oxford now.

You are going the wrong way.  :D

I know :rofl: typical! I'll be back in Ox tomorrow afternoon though. Can't see it melting much over the next few days :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Shame about the band just hitting the North of Scotland, that looks fantastic! would cause chaos if it were here. Still snowing here looking good according to the trusty lamp post, fingers crossed for more from wherever that came from!

I dont know about you but when its like this its tempting to go out and drive in it (in a 4x4) because its relatively un touched / fresh on the B roads at this time of night, unspoilt by the morning / evening rush hours.

Edited by chillyblast

Posted

Dewpoint and temp are going up here though, still okay -0.2C air and -1.5C dew. They were quite a bit lower, intact dew point was -4C at 6pm. Big flakes now, thought we were about done, but no!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

No snow here but a superb full lunar halo with irradescence and possibly rarer weak seconary arcs just visible.

Must be plenty of high icy clouds up there.

Edited by kar999

Posted

Missing here by miles, funny how it gets nowhere near Shropshire when there's no warm sectors to mess it up. Flow is still Nly so it could come through the Cheshire gap but nothing is forming for some reason. Nice halo round the moon though....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The 18z NMM's have a streamer thing going on in the morning, and into the afternoon http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=1&map=331

But the way this evenings gone anything could happen :D

nmm_uk1-1-16-1_dmf0.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

...Nice halo round the moon though....

Our posts crossed there..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The 18z NMM's have a streamer thing going on in the morning, and into the afternoon http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=1&map=331

But the way this evenings gone anything could happen :D

nmm_uk1-1-16-1_dmf0.png

Nice one Dancer where has the streamer come from