Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I think thats it now for anything wintry,im getting that feeling like last year in this benign weather pattern now that the days will gradually get warmer and the mild crap begins and spring comes in.

Posted

I think thats it now for anything wintry,im getting that feeling like last year in this benign weather pattern now that the days will gradually get warmer and the mild crap begins and spring comes in.

I don't want to agree but this pattern is hard to shift and it may well waste the remaining weeks of winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Some PPN around tomorrow morning about 0600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Some PPN around tomorrow morning about 0600

Looking like rain and drizzle :)

Posted

same here ,in fact warmer now than 10.30 am !!.

I hate it when after a sunny day we get cloud in the night which prevents the frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hello from a very snowy Aviemore!! Having a great time up here, I'm in snow heaven! :D On phone so pictures might be wonky!! lol

post-9615-0-49610500-1423086414_thumb.jppost-9615-0-02522000-1423086707_thumb.jppost-9615-0-05992900-1423086738_thumb.jppost-9615-0-81897800-1423086782_thumb.jppost-9615-0-45574700-1423086808_thumb.jppost-9615-0-15243500-1423086846_thumb.jppost-9615-0-94186500-1423087011_thumb.jp

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

same here , will miss the frosty sunrises :(...

The GFS has our region under a widespread frost tonight (temperatures range from 0c to -3c). I don't think so! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

I drove past Aviemore on the A9 2 weeks ago and it looked like that then with loads of snow, they have had a great season as have the higher parts of the Lake District.

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

The GFS has our region under a widespread frost tonight (temperatures range from 0c to -3c). I don't think so! lol

Definitely not! Look at all the cloud moving south.

post-6315-0-02224600-1423087474_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & lots of it!

Just got back from the match tonight against Bolton, it's safe to say I'm a happy chappy! All doom & gloom in here still I see! 

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
Hello from a very snowy Aviemore!! Having a great time up here, I'm in snow heaven! :D On phone so pictures might be wonky!! lol

That's all we want in our region is it really that much to ask for lol

Posted

So Diane signs off with the words feeling less cold and with the biggest grin on her face. :( Get the feeling that's it for this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

It's only the 4th Feb, I posted an example in the Mod thread this morning of how things can quickly change. There is still time for Winter to have a sting in it's tale. There is plenty of cold air still around and the gfs tonight is slightly hinting at things finally starting to move away from this dry frosty weather mid month.

Edited by Polar Climate

Posted

That's all we want in our region is it really that much to ask for lol

Yes mate bit of snow that can last at least a day and we'll all be happy............. Til November :D

Posted

All I can say is: Yay! !!! ! !

I have woken up to an extra cm of snow on the ground, here in Quarnford 3 miles SW of Buxton, was unexpected, and looks fairly localized as reports from 5 miles to my East and West show nothing at all.

Happy for Today :) But the future looks slightly milder & dry. I'm hopeful for late Feb & March (just about ;).

Lucky bugger living there :)

Not sure about a milder outlook though. The medium term ECM and UKMO look similar to me, which then leads to the longer term ECM showing a much colder outlook this morning. I wait with interest tonights runs as winter MAY not be over atall yet (not that I thought it was).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Haha ive just posted in the south east thread as i looked on raintoday tomsee if thise showers in scotland earlier were heading down this way, its completely bone dry in the north, not to one shower on the radar, but a load has suddenly popped up in the south east, i dont think they expected it, anyway they have snow falling, lucky buggars! Lol its really cloudy here and sunshine but bone dry.