Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Haha ive just posted in the south east thread as i looked on raintoday tomsee if thise showers in scotland earlier were heading down this way, its completely bone dry in the north, not to one shower on the radar, but a load has suddenly popped up in the south east, i dont think they expected it, anyway they have snow falling, lucky buggars! Lol its really cloudy here and sunshine but bone dry.

Yeah due to the position of the high the SE now has the coldest air and Scotland and Ireland the mildest and driest. I've been following their thread, a few were wondering if some showers would pop up as -9/-10C 850s are forecast to clip the area. Good luck to them.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Yeah well it was quite daring to venture out into another regional thread! Ha lol thanks for explaining though. You know the sky is so black here im shocked its not actually doing anythung out there, even thunder and lightening, its quite stormy looking!

Posted

The weather is very weird here, its very dark, eerily very quiet! Not cold at all but seagulls are flying around like mental like somethings brewing, its very strange! Anybody else got this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

The weather is very weird here, its very dark, eerily very quiet! Not cold at all but seagulls are flying around like mental like somethings brewing, its very strange! Anybody else got this?

It was probably the sign of impending doom! Dull Grey and drizzle in Oldham currently, which will make waist of the remaining snow cover up here :) . Typical misserable NW fayre tbh.

Posted

Lol impending doom! Saying that theres some showers now heading your way in oldham by the looks of things on raintoday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Lol impending doom! Saying that theres some showers now heading your way in oldham by the looks of things on raintoday.

Nothing but drizzle and light rain though! Just lovely, my favourite type of weather *sigh*

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Back in Cumbria, feels mild down here! Car was reading 7/8c not long ago. upset as I'm not surrounded by snow any more lol :( Nice day though with winter sunshine. 

Posted

...as usual our weather benign dullness is paying dividends elsewhere...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31146535

UK High come back in spring/early summer please...not now! (I would say mid summer but then it would just be too hot)

Not sure why the North West cold spell last week is still trending in the BBC's most read stories of the day?

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

An area of precip over Ripon, Yorks is coming here. I doubt it would be snow now. Cold spell ends today. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

An area of precip over Ripon, Yorks is coming here. I doubt it would be snow now. Cold spell ends today. :(

what cold spell pip? ended new years eve I thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

what cold spell pip? ended new years eve I thought

The current cold spell. It ends today and I don't think it will return in the foreseeable.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The weather looks positively boring for the foreseeable future!! Hate stagnant areas of high pressure (OK in Summer)  The models are showing it hanging around right out to FI!! It's winter the weather should be interesting/cold/snowy/stormy and not a borefest....  :wallbash:

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Couple of raindrops here now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Left work with 5c and light rain but 6 miles home and a couple of hundred feet higher it was 2.5c and sleet.

It didn't last long though and now it's 2.2c and drizzle.

And todays less cold conditions (sorry but can't bring myself to use the m word) mean that most of my lying snow as now disapeared.

Posted

Always have to be rain to manage to get past the Pennines.  Typical!! lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Rubbish ecm after a better one this morning :wallbash:

Posted

mongoose sake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I'm slowly starting to give up now even if it is only 5th Feb, the crappy boring pattern still being modeled takes us til mid month, so not much of a snow window left after that! So frustrating after so much promise at the start of this winter with many factors supposedly in our favour. So far I've had about 2 hours of lying snow in the dark and 1 day of snow/hail showers which left a 2mm covering only to melt 5 mins later. So basically sh%$e yet again!

PS And I also hate the Gulf Stream in the winter!!! :nonono:

PPS You can bet your bottom dollar though when rain is forecast EVERYBODY gets it, torrential too!