Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Been driving through north Cornwall this morning and there is a lovely covering of snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Photo of the purbecks for the south dorset crew!

post-16633-0-91694300-1422967786_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

blimey, last night's snow has melted very quickly, only a little left now....and with tonight's temps, it'll be a skating rink tomorrow morning

still, the kids were outside at 7:30 this morning building Olaf the snowman!  :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sprinkle well and truly gone. Cloudy .2.1c. Breeze 18km/h N. West

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Absolute fantastic morning was a perfect wintry seen, ended up quite a nice load of snow, here are pictures I got from today in Brighstone forest!

10959745_10204777018324220_3000312603393

10801701_10204777018684229_8653744147497

10959331_10204777019124240_1126222786164

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like Creech carpark?

Yep! Brother up there in his landy making me jealous while I'm sat here in work!

Posted

One more from moi..

attachicon.gifP2030140.JPG

PS: If this is a dating agency? Count me in! :laugh:

If you bring your inches your in mate! Oh and a nice box of chocolates ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice walk around CS Lewis Nature reserve and Shotover Country Park. Snow all melting now in bright sunshine now.

Posted

The next ppn we shall be seeing is rain that's for sure. :sorry:

Lovely pictures all who have it and those away from towns should hold on to this for a few days. :spiteful:  :bad:

Might just drive down to see beka to take my mind off it all :rofl:  :D

Hey you dumped me for another date sweety i'm on to pastures new! Plus I bet you look nothing like your picture - you profile claims your younger than your picture. I quite fell in love with you in that picture ...

Posted

They do come out but not for long as their little feet will freeze. I put extra wood chippings down and keep them in the pen or they can get frost bite very easily on their feet.

As long as it does not go below -20 they like the cold. Perhaps I could get them some little wellies :D

Awww I was just thinking you need to knit them some little socks lol. Cute! Once this baby is here and grown up a bit - maybe next year we'll get some. The idea of letting them out at 5am aint too exciting mind!

Posted

Ours have finally been coaxed out. It's the first snow they've seen, so they're a little bit wary.

attachicon.gif20150203_114835_sm.jpg

Awww i'm broody! "geddit"? Broody hahha! Awww can't wait to have fun with the wee characters.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh my lordie. I have just dared to step into the mod thread. Geeze i'm now slitting my throat ... That's the end of snow then! Wowsers!

Posted

Dont give up yet ,last nights system never had our name on it but nearly .still time for a trough to bring some snow into somerset from the east .Wed night thursday looking next possible shout .but i would not rule out tonight ,would just be nice to see 5cms and to be up and about to catch it in the act .high pressure looks like being dominant in medium term and possibly longer ,but we could get lucky later but we need a new block on the block if you know what i mean Harry .So chins up and pray ,STellas all round ,and sausage Baps with a bit of brown sauce , :yahoo:  :drinks:

Thursday certainly looks the more likely period for further snow showers to migrate a fair way to the west (& perhaps it's the last such clear opportunity into foreseeable medium range, if GloSea and EC Monthly's latest consensus for a mostly dry & largely settled-looking prognosis for S'rn UK out towards mid-month bears fruit...with stratospheric PV also now expected to remain intact rest of Feb). Looks very unlikely tonight will yield the fun and games of last night anywhere further west (showers generally confined more exclusively to the east of England).

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Ouch, that's not great news Ian. Any signals for the second half of this month? The models really are painting a 'pin the tail on the anticyclone' at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ouch, that's not great news Ian. Any signals for the second half of this month? The models really are painting a 'pin the tail on the anticyclone' at the moment.

Yes game set and match for us :wallbash:

never thought I'd say it but I just want spring now this winter has been a bore fest.

Aww Beka you break my heart :doh: You will have to ask Ian to set you up with Richard anguin as its his photo :rofl:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes they are, but with very slow eastward progression of this Rossby wave 3 upper pattern continuing, there's still some scope for a repeat of greater meridionality and some more pronounced colder phases. EC-EPS (and yesterday's 12z DET) has toyed with a few such solutions recently, and continues to do so albeit in minority fashion. The form horse remains a gradual southward sinking of ridging towards mid-month, with zonality re-establishing, albeit most likely this will be with anticyclonic bias to the south. Signals later Feb-early March still tentative/mixed. Anyway - all way off in la-la land. Next point of interest is Weds night-early Thurs, as flow veers again and offers prospect of greater westward shower penetration.

• Like 6

Well happy with Portsmouths little dusting this morning. When it snows in Portsmouth it's always a good winter.LOL still a chance from tonight and Tomorrow nights met office yellow warnings. Tomorrow night seems better at the moment. Could I get a triple Whammy -mon night , Tues night, and Wed night. ??? Bit greedy though!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well happy with Portsmouths little dusting this morning. When it snows in Portsmouth it's always a good winter.LOL still a chance from tonight and Tomorrow nights met office yellow warnings. Tomorrow night seems better at the moment. Could I get a triple Whammy -mon night , Tues night, and Wed night. ??? Bit greedy though!!

Yes great to see some proper snow falling in Portsmouth, as usual a lot more settling snow on the outskirts to the north where I live compared to the city centre, where there was very little left even by 8am this morning. Though for me this was snow event number 2 - thanks to my babies being up every night, I got to see a snowfall in Portsmouth on Saturday at 2am - it had all melted by 5am though!

Edited by rjbw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What a difference a few hours makes. From 5cm to barely a dusting now. 4.4c and sunny spells. Rather pleasant.

post-15543-0-69609200-1422976188_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes they are, but with very slow eastward progression of this Rossby wave 3 upper pattern continuing, there's still some scope for a repeat of greater meridionality and some more pronounced colder phases. EC-EPS (and yesterday's 12z DET) has toyed with a few such solutions recently, and continues to do so albeit in minority fashion. The form horse remains a gradual southward sinking of ridging towards mid-month, with zonality re-establishing, albeit most likely this will be with anticyclonic bias to the south. Signals later Feb-early March still tentative/mixed. Anyway - all way off in la-la land. Next point of interest is Weds night-early Thurs, as flow veers again and offers prospect of greater westward shower penetration.

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed something for Bristol-North Somerset next time (even though I won't be here!).

Posted

Thursday certainly looks the more likely period for further snow showers to migrate a fair way to the west (& perhaps it's the last such clear opportunity into foreseeable medium range, if GloSea and EC Monthly's latest consensus for a mostly dry & largely settled-looking prognosis for S'rn UK out towards mid-month bears fruit...with stratospheric PV also now expected to remain intact rest of Feb). Looks very unlikely tonight will yield the fun and games of last night anywhere further west (showers generally confined more exclusively to the east of England).

Many thanks for your input. So after the end of the week the weather changes to anti-cyclone gloom. Do forecasters sigh when they see they will be repeating the same forecast for a couple of weeks. I'd just do a recording and repeat it every night!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's the 3rd February according to my calendar, do you think he's got a crystal ball or something.  :rofl:  :bomb: I know fergie and the UKMO are good but they're aren't that good. Must say though, having looked up thread just now, fergie did provide you with an answer of sorts so hush my mouth and fair play to him.  :rofl:

Edited by gottolovethisweather