Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Nice full moon out  there with Jupiter very near.  Temperature -0.4c. Wind chill -2.9c. Dew Point -3.8c.  Appare

Partly cloudy overnight kept the temperatures up, but that breeze is a welder's mate.

Overnight low of -1.7C, now rising.

I refuse to let my grassy patch of snow fade away!

attachicon.gifWP_20150204_00_02_45_Pro.jpg

Jeez, I can see those lights from Poole...

Maybe because everybody else has taken their's down...

I found the smallest of snow patches when I got home last night, still there this morning, but today will finish that off.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Awfully quiet on here? Have all the snow lamppost watching late night curtain twitchers turned in early after the snowfest regional thread party last night? Or is it just another calm before Thursday?

Lovely day today / wished I got some photos ...oh well I've heard I may have another opportunity soon? Hope so! Night night All sweet snow dreams

I'm up for another blast, bring it on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

When did ian mention about the wind changing to an easterly direction? And wintery showers being blown further inland.was it tonight or tommorow night? And is there still a chance of this happening?

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

When did ian mention about the wind changing to an easterly direction? And wintery showers being blown further inland.was it tonight or tommorow night? And is there still a chance of this happening?

I believe its tonight

Posted

feeling milder this morning after the past couple of mornings, plenty of frost even though it was overcast, clouds have now gone giving a stunning winters morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The tease!! Met office app suggesting again that I'm due light snow on Friday. Can't see it coming to much if it proves true. More like fluff in the wind! such a waste though as very low uppers do invade the southern parts of england. Just no moisture about!

Posted

There was the merest dusting of something on top of the frosty cars from overnight.

A cloudy, frosty, bright and cold morning with the NE breeze beginning to pick up, 1.4c after -3.1c minimum.

Posted

Some of the ppn charts showing some interest for those in the east of the region tomorrow. Think this is what IF alluded too. Hampshire looking a good spot.....currently

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Some of the ppn charts showing some interest for those in the east of the region tomorrow. Think this is what IF alluded too. Hampshire looking a good spot.....currently

Hope that includes isle of Wight.

Had a nice dusting yesterday but all gone by late morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

There was the merest dusting of something on top of the frosty cars from overnight.

A cloudy, frosty, bright and cold morning with the NE breeze beginning to pick up, 1.4c after -3.1c minimum.

HI Andy,

Yep - I saw that too! Does it count as snowfall if you can count all the flakes/grains? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Interesting forecasts I've seen so far today, showing sleet and snow showers pushing quite far West tomorrow with the winds swinging more to the east and to think some in the moan thread are saying winter is over lol, yeah right, go step outside, it's already cold out there and it'll feel bitter outside once the easterly wind picks up.

Posted

Interesting forecasts I've seen so far today, showing sleet and snow showers pushing quite far West tomorrow with the winds swinging more to the east and to think some in the moan thread are saying winter is over lol, yeah right, go step outside, it's already cold out there and it'll feel bitter outside once the easterly wind picks up.

Totally agree. In addition to tomorrow Friday looks like being the coldest day of current spell. Overcast with a strong easterly wind! Wrap up warm.

Posted

What's your current temp in sunny Weston? I'm at work so don't have access to my station.

Posted

Those precip charts posted in the MOD chart really looks good for IOW, Wilts, Oxon and the east of our area, hoping it shifts west few miles 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Bristol Snow Shield 2.0 will come in to effect it will push it east of here or it will split over Bristol only to rebuild as it moves south.

Just checked 18z NMM  :cray: looks like the Munch4 eat's it

nmm_uk1-1-14-0.png?03-23

nmm_uk1-1-15-0.png?03-23

NMM is way off with those PPN charts for this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Just a few clouds. 2.7c. Breeze northerly to 19km/h. Humidity 70%rh. In a shady corner -0.1c. Inside 23.6c. Humidity 48%rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

NMM is way off with those PPN charts for this morning!

Yes your right ppn won't ever get that close to Bristol in reality  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This would really be the final knife in the back from this winter if this came to fruition!  :angry:

post-8911-0-52665500-1423055994_thumb.pn

Posted

HI Andy,

Yep - I saw that too! Does it count as snowfall if you can count all the flakes/grains? :D

Lol yes why not!!

Stunning day now, it's been blue sky and sunshine since not long after I posted 3 hours ago!

Posted

Its amazing how we have -5 air across the country or maybe lower and there is heavy rain showers across Eastern parts in a NE flow.

Edited by MPG

Posted

Something that's been catching my eye is tomorrow early evening.

GFS 06z (+33hr)                          NMM (+36hr)

post-9530-0-55939300-1423060484_thumb.gi post-9530-0-85852100-1423060484_thumb.pn

Both in agreement with a trough moving south, but timings differ. NMM is the one you would want, with PPN arriving around 7pm.

Edited by SnowMania
  • Like 1

Posted

Its amazing how we have -5 air across the country or maybe lower and there is heavy rain showers across Eastern parts in a NE flow.

Something that's been catching my eye is tomorrow early evening.

GFS 06z (+33hr)                          NMM (+36hr)

attachicon.gifGFS +33hr.gif attachicon.gifNMM +36hr.png

Both in agreement with a trough moving south, but timings differ. NMM is the one you would want, with PPN arriving around 7pm.

Yes, but how much of it will be snow. With upper air temps you would think yes....but that proves to be wrong with regards to my post above.

The current weather is fantastic, sunny skies, cool and dry. Dry being the important word. If this carries on for the next two weeks I will be delighted. Means I can get in the garden early and tidy up, paint fences etc ready for spring!!

Edited by MPG
  • Like 1