Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Managed a couple of hours of hazy sunshine late morning, down to a T-shirt outside for the first time this year. Cloud quickly rolled back in to give another day that barely gets above 5C. It if wasn't for the cloud this would be a fantastic spell of weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still quite clear here might take a peak ,slight haze though ..

Cloudy here all day and no doubt staying cloudy overnight to spoil any chance of saying the Northern Lights.

Also it's nice to see that the cloudy drizzly band for Friday is due to be positioned directly over our region at eclipse time.

Oh and the models for the next one in June 2090 are showing cloudy skies across the NW.

• Like 2

Cloudy here all day and no doubt staying cloudy overnight to spoil any chance of saying the Northern Lights.

Also it's nice to see that the cloudy drizzly band for Friday is due to be positioned directly over our region at eclipse time.

Oh and the models for the next one in June 2090 are showing cloudy skies across the NW.

lol, been out with dog clear but terrible haze ,bloody annoying , eclipse in the USA in 2017 next one for me !!!.:)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

lol, been out with dog clear but terrible haze ,bloody annoying , eclipse in the USA in 2017 next one for me !!!.:)..

Just been out to the car and there are a few stars showing so maybe a chance of seeing the Aurora later.

Only trouble is that it's usually at its best way beyond bed time for me plus my view north is partially obstructed by trees.

On the plus side though, tomorrow is looking a decent days weather.

Posted

Bed for me dark crap day drizzly then sun and cold mehhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Lovely sunny here sfter a freezing cold night and mist

• Like 1

Posted

A cold night with an air frost, but temps quickly responded with a rapid rise of 4-5 degrees in the space of an hour or so between half 7 and 8, indicative that we are now feeling the effects the extra daylength and thermal heat/energy from the sun. 6 weeks or so ago, you'd be finding temperatures continuing fall in said hours.. such is the pace of change in the general scheme of things around now.

Its been a rather lacklustre day with a 'heavy' feel to things, quite poor air quality and milky hazy skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It was a warm sunny day here eventually but once the sun went in it was cold. A cold evening here too.

Posted

Interesting how little is being mentioned on the MSM about the levels of air-pollution across the UK over the past 2 days. Levels hit a peak of 9/10 on the scale yesterday and due to subside into Friday morning as the front moves through from the north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Interesting how little is being mentioned on the MSM about the levels of air-pollution across the UK over the past 2 days. Levels hit a peak of 9/10 on the scale yesterday and due to subside into Friday morning as the front moves through from the north.

Yep just been reading about that

http://news.sky.com/story/1448001/toxic-smog-alert-for-asthmatics-and-elderly

Frosty morning here and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Was a foggy stary to the day but when cleared it was lovely sunshine but not as warm as yesterday. As LwYs its now clouded over and is starting to cool down

Posted

Clouding over here also after a stunning day .........

Been down in the South Midlands with work today and it was definitely nicer weather up here.

Not often it happens but today was certainly one of them although the high levels of pollution have given a hazy look to the conditions.

Maybe a sunny morning for the eclipse tomorrow although I'm not hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I've actually noticed the pollution/haze a couple of days now since Sunday and the media actually mentioned it now today.

It been an boring month so far here with static weather. I am hoping for a change for hotter weather and maybe we could see some decent thunderstorms!! I just give up on cold/snowy weather now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well it's been a lovely couple of days up here if a little on the chilly side with morning air frosts. Clouded over this afternoon so I expect the chances of seeing the eclipse are near nil now, such a shame we couldn't have squeezed out another fine day. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Its forecast to be misty/foggy here tomorrow, haven't seen mist/fog for ages like at least a year and now its going to happen on the day of the solar eclipse, absolutely boils my p*** living here.

• Like 3