Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Torrential rain, howling winds and and 14.0C.... 

q2kkoNg.jpg

Posted

Don't believe what I've just heard.

Look North weather and for tomorrow the presenter has just said, "temperatures will be warm again"!!!!! Disinformation at it's best!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Cold and cloudy gets boring very quickly too, we've had it all spring and summer!!

Today sums it up, watching Ride London, 27 n sunny, BBC weather app for here, 16 and raining!!

Hoping for an improvement, can't stay so poor for ever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want it all the time. Just sometimes. A good mix would be nice, but this July for here has been very uneventful. Wind, rain, and unseasonably low temperatures make things a lot more interesting.

Posted

August already following May, June and July with mean maximum 2c below average.

Its only going to get worse. 

Possibly the first summer in years where June, July and August are all awfully below average, without a false summer in the spring (2007,2008,2011,2012) to have partly made up for it. 

Posted

Vast improvement in weather in mid-Somerset - best day for over a fortnight. And on a Sunday too! Already clouding over for the evening with a vaguely better forecast than previously for next week but not hopeful - all those lows coming along do not help. Remarkably different summers from area to area, I'm unsure I've ever seen such a variety of experiences.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want it all the time. Just sometimes. A good mix would be nice, but this July for here has been very uneventful. Wind, rain, and unseasonably low temperatures make things a lot more interesting.

The last week was the coldest for 80 years though wasnt it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wasn't it colder in April? :D  :D  :wink:

Posted

Which ever way you dress it this summer has been atrocious for many Northern parts of the UK with well below average temps and little in the way of sun. I love my seasons but we seem to be stuck in perpetual Autumnal conditions.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Great day in Leeds. Reached 24C with partly cloudy skies. Forecast looks good - in the low twenties. Normal weather for August.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Just the kind of cold extreme I like in Summer, or at any time of year for that matter.

To add to that, when am I ever going to see July highs in Essex of 13C? Never! That's why it is to be enjoyed.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Regardless of the type of weather that is to come our way this month, summer is going to be winding down from now on in. Evenings drawing in at a pace now and will continue to accelerate! 4 weeks until the start of autumn :)

• Like 2

Posted

Regardless of the type of weather that is to come our way this month, summer is going to be winding down from now on in. Evenings drawing in at a pace now and will continue to accelerate! 4 weeks until the start of autumn :)

Depressing, innit? Better get those Vit D supplements ready.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

And to counteract these ultra depressing thoughts we are just another week and day Closer to the nights drawing out again. By mid September at the equinox we will be closer to the days starting to lengthen again than since they started becoming shorter. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Not to mention that September can often bring some lovely weather anyway, with Septembers 2006, 2011 and 2014 fully proving that point. Plenty of time until we're supressed into a state of depression by the miserable season.

September is the most boring month of weather you can have, that said, I don't hate it as much as May, June, July because you know whats coming a couple of months afterwards.

• Like 1

Posted

September is the most boring month of weather you can have, that said, I don't hate it as much as May, June, July because you know whats coming a couple of months afterwards.

Odd perception. Doesn't get much worse than winter in the UK - cold enough to be annoying but not cold enough for snow most of the time. At least September is usually nice, boring or not.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I bet you would never say winter would be winding down in February, often a month that can deliver some of the best cold and snow - just like August in summer.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Odd perception. Doesn't get much worse than winter in the UK - cold enough to be annoying but not cold enough for snow most of the time. At least September is usually nice, boring or not.

At least there is a chance of brutal cold and dumpings in winter but there is not in summer or early Autumn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I bet you would never say winter would be winding down in February, often a month that can deliver some of the best cold and snow - just like August in summer.

I might not say it (though I probably would) but I'd definitely be aware deep down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Hmmm... looking back over the CET stats, it seems that in the last 100 years, using the 71-00 average, only 26 years have had a below average June and July. Of those 26 years, only 2 saw an above average August, 1916 and 2012. That's an 8% chance roughly...

Over the entire record, those chances increase to 14%, but before the 20th century, most summer months were below the 81-10 average anyway.

Posted

Speaking locally, the last 10 days had a mean here of 13.8C, making it the coldest I've ever recorded. Weirdly the next coldest was 2005 at 14.7C (in an otherwise good summer).

• Like 1

Posted

warmest temperature since 16th July occurred overnight with 19c, then after 5am the temperature plummeted to 16c unsurprisingly. 

luckily today has turned out sunny and reached 19c again, so the first average day for a long long time

Edited by Lake District Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

warmest temperature since 16th July occurred overnight with 19c, then after 5am the temperature plummeted to 16c unsurprisingly. 

luckily today has turned out sunny and reached 19c again, so the first average day for a long long time

Similarly here,our warmest night temp since July 1st,was 16deg when I got up but then dropped to 14.Just hit 20 deg,it was July 10th since we had a warmer day.The wind at the moment is trying to spoil things!!

Posted

Its tells you how poor August has been for high maxima when today's high of 25.3C is the 6th highest of the last decade here.

You have to go back to 2006 for anything above 26.5C and back to 2001 for a 30C.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Summer 2015 certainly heading in the poor direction at moment and I cannot see anything better on the horizon.Unfortunately it will almost certainly be worse at the end of the week as I picked the tropical destination of Scotland for my holiday starting Thursday!!