Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Absolute bonkers summer for Derry, we have only had two days with temperatures trying to get over twenty degrees, miserable and cloudy. March and April were the best, warmest and sunniest months for Derry then the sun abandoned us for the rest of Spring and this Summer.

Time to buy oil again :'(

It wasn't even that good in March and April.

At least the oil's really cheap at the moment and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Certainly has been chilly lately, especially so tonight! Even I'd like it a few degrees warmer during the daytime.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

30 c every day of the year would suit me :)....

Aye, if it was 30c for 6 months and 30f for the other 6 I could live with that!  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Certainly has been chilly lately, especially so tonight! Even I'd like it a few degrees warmer during the daytime.

I've had the electric over blanket on most nights this summer Nick. Even the heat's been on quite a few times.. Early June was particularly cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It's 4.6°C here this morning...ridiculous.

Posted

Not ridiculous when you consider where the air mass  is coming from and behind the rain front  that's passed through the air is right now from the artic.The jet stream is wayyyy south..

The northern hemisphere asnt had chance to warm up at all. apart from the odd  warm day.. the general theme as been   the opposite direction to which  you'd hope. Been no gradual warm up as the months have gone along.. You really need a  decent June for that...

Looking rather mixed for August.. Hopefully be a lot more warmer days than we've had  all summer. But doesn't look dry unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Virtually all of England and Wales have sunshine....soon as you get to northern parts its cloudy

Untitled79fe5.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Virtually all of England and Wales have sunshine....soon as you get to northern parts its cloudy

Untitled79fe5.png

That line of the clear and cloudy skies probably is a good representation of who has had the good and bad summer actually. The clear skies are the areas who have had it decent or average this summer and those in the cloudy zone rather poor.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I've had the electric over blanket on most nights this summer Nick. Even the heat's been on quite a few times.. Early June was particularly cold.

Wow. I had the window open for much of last night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

While minima may have been low the first half of summer was fairly normal for me (early twenties and sunny), its only the second half of June that things have gone downhill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

It's 4.6°C here this morning...ridiculous.

I recorded 6C, appalling low for July in a minor UHI, maritime location.  The sunshine this morning now gone with Cu/Sc dross infilling, par for the course for the last five summers.

Edit: Liverpool ATIS reporting 17C - high afternoon in high summer!!  Mind you, given the past three months of "Summer" '15 I should be grateful we actually achieved the mid teens.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted

Even the summer of '76 had a chilly night at the start of August. I remember a really chilly night around the shortest night of the year in 2004.

I can certainly vouch for it being a chilly night on the shortest night of the year in 2004.  I was at Stonehenge for Summer solstice that year and it was blooming freezing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Im wondering if were set for a 2009 type August. The kind of set up that favours the SE with repeated ridging of the azores high across southern England and the proximity to the heat across the channel. But not to good for those in the NW. I would take an august like 2009 as it was quite dry around these parts.

Posted

Can I ask a  simply question??? like this morning  at 8 am I was checking the weather for my location  because I am having a bbq  this afternoon.. totally clear this afternoon.. NOW out of NOWHERE showers are forecast.. where did they come from?? oh yeah even in the year 2015 weather forecast is pretty pathetic.

I will not be looking at anymore models or taking any notice of any more forecasts anymore.. whats the point??  sorry rant over..

• Like 1

Posted

Its the weather forecasters way of remaining positive.. Ie instead of the weather being cold. Its cool..(so no mention of  a very cold July night) Like when forecasts come out..no sign of a  heatwave. It gives people the impression there is one on the horizon.. I heard John Hammond use the word. Nothing spectacular on numerous occasions. whats that mean? something good is around the corner??.

Sorry on a rant today.. Just finding the whole thing annoying when they cant even get a  forecast correct after  3 hours this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Can I ask a  simply question??? like this morning  at 8 am I was checking the weather for my location  because I am having a bbq  this afternoon.. totally clear this afternoon.. NOW out of NOWHERE showers are forecast.. where did they come from?? oh yeah even in the year 2015 weather forecast is pretty pathetic.

I will not be looking at anymore models or taking any notice of any more forecasts anymore.. whats the point??  sorry rant over..

I always find the radar is the best tool

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=radarv6;sess=881007725f00d97ef112175d768ec940

Posted

Same here, day supposed to be mostly fine and warm. The reality: the inevitable grey lid has slammed down and feeling decidedly chilly.

Posted

Am gonna complain again :D I know I said I wasn't going to look at the charts again.. But peeked at the Gfs charts.. yet again they have gone for heatwave conditions around mid month..Dunno why I looked. It will be gone again when the charts roll again laters... :fool:

Posted

Two days in a row a new record for the minimum temperature at De Bilt (at a daily basis, 31th july and 1 august) . Although we experienced a heatwave, july 2015 was close to normal temperatures in the Netherlands.

Cordoba, Spain achieved the hottest july ever.

Posted

Blimey the showers that wasn't forecast AT ALL TODAY. is now pouring down here... the bbc call it showers .. I call it rain.

Same here, cloudy, wet and cold.  Liverpool ATIS reports "showers" but in my view it's rain.  Likewise current temp a schorchio, blistering.................errr..............15C