Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted

I think the last time i had over 20c was when we had that plume which was like over 3 week ago, really poor temperatures and very windy a lot of the time, but atleast its quite sunny.

quite sunny? 83 hours of sunshine here so one of the dullest Julys on record, only thing is it hasnt been that wet with 56mm here, all to change in the next 3 days.

1st - 10th had a mean maximum of 20c here

11-31st (using forecasted temps) will have a mean maximum of 16.4c - a sick joke and will give the month an overall mean maximum of 17.5c - on a par with july 2012 which was about the coldest on record. Only thing is that had bucket fulls of rain as the excuse for supressed temperatures.

Oh and if you exclude the 1st with 30c the mean maximum for the month would actually be 17.1c !!

Edited by Lake District Blizzards

quite sunny? 83 hours of sunshine here so one of the dullest Julys on record, only thing is it hasnt been that wet with 56mm here, all to change in the next 3 days.

1st - 10th had a mean maximum of 20c here

11-31st (using forecasted temps) will have a mean maximum of 16.4c - a sick joke and will give the month an overall mean maximum of 17.5c - on a par with july 2012 which was about the coldest on record. Only thing is that had bucket fulls of rain as the excuse for supressed temperatures.

Oh and if you exclude the 1st with 30c the mean maximum for the month would actually be 17.1c !!

I have to agree sunshine levels along the cumbrian Coast haven't been to bad also low rainfall too ,just endlessly breezy and cool .. Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

i dont think the rainfall levels have been that low here tbh Moki, the river has been in flood a couple of times this month.

• Like 1

Posted

The sands of time are running out for this summer and it looks like the next fortnight could be very changeable indeed. Have to say stuart markham has been correct to be suspicious about this summer with the medium to low solar energy and el nino combined. Have to say this summer could be a warning sign to forthcoming summers being unsettled and more of a northern blocking prominence.

It all seems so straight forward doesnt it?

I wonder what the Met Office could see when they thought this summers  temperatures would be above average (August still to come of course :cold: ).................

• Like 1

Posted

absolute nonsense predicting what next summer and summers ahead will bring. Am i'm still smirking at the mirror prediction of late July breaking the july record and reaching 39c... ha   they are slightly wrong on that estimate.. around 20+c wrong  :aggressive:

Posted

This has got to be the worst May - July ever here, fairly confident that July will have no more average day which would mean...

Days in each month that reached the average temperature or above

May - 1 

June - 11

July - 7 

So only 19 days out of 92 will have reached average temperatures - and therefore 73 below average days out of 92 or 80% of days. 

i imagine August will add another 31 below average days so it could be an incredible statistic

Indeed the most notable aspect of the last 3 months has been the long number of days with below average maxima, accompanied often by a chilly N/NW or W wind.. Apart from the 30th June/ 1 July wonder, temps in the main have been held firmly in the teens most of the time.. preety terrible.

We have August still, however the last 9 Augusts have delivered little in the way of sustained proper warmth, have to go back 10 years to 2005. 2013 and 2014 were poor temp wise, 2014 especially..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

But there's always September and October to look forward to.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snow, hurricanes

indeed woolly. my favourite months!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I do not know about anyone else but my shocking temperatures could have been worse ,there have been many days here when it has warmed 2 or 3 degrees between 4pm and 6 pm due to some late sunshine which really didn't give credit to a cold day overall!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

urgh.. no thanks... with late august my least favoured time of the year. everything dying off, nights drawing in, cooling off. i dont care one bit what temps or sunshine we get.... it aint summer, nor spring when everythings coming back to life and growing.

• Like 2

Posted

Should be the autumn thread now the tree in the garden is turning red and the leaves are blowing off very strange indeed,never seen it this early before, this weather doesn`t help with little sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Haven't been able to help but notice a few trees already beginning to adopt that end of summer look about them where the leaves look a dark and almost dirty looking green about them, and even the odd few leaves yellowing.

Posted

A low of 5.7c last night. The lowest minimum this summer. In the last 10 days all but two nights have been sub 10 . Certainly chilly for the time of year.   

Posted

dreadful summer by my admittedly high standards. Autumn has arrived early, though it never really left apart from a few fleeting moments here and there.

Looking forward to our warmup and heatwave in september-october when the nights have drawn in considerably and summer is over proper. Too little too late.

Posted

July may not go down as a poor month but with the week ahead I can certainly say the second half of july will list as poor !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

July may not go down as a poor month but with the week ahead I can certainly say the second half of july will list as poor !

maybe for the north, but surely this July will go down as above average in the south, hottest ever day at Wimbledon, 35.6C, i had one of my hottest at 33.0C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

That deep low that was due to smash into the UK on Wednesday has amazingly "vanished". Looks from Wednesday things start returning back to the normal 2015 dry theme.

Yes, great news that, Wed looks cold with Arctic air possible frost into thurs (north only i think though) but damn sight better than heavy rain

Posted

maybe for the north, but surely this July will go down as above average in the south, hottest ever day at Wimbledon, 35.6C, i had one of my hottest at 33.0C

Yes we got that 'blip' here with 31 deg on the 1st but the day after was 22 deg.Only one day above 20 deg in the last 23 days with 8 days 16 deg or below maximums.also seven nighttime minimums of 10 deg or less,hardly above average here !!

• Like 1

Posted

There has been a lot of fine dry weather down here in the South East with a good many days maxing out at 24,25 degrees.

Thank the Lord the atrocious start to the month didn't last... :)

Posted

looks like one of the coldest July days on record here for Tuesday with a high of 12c forecast

12c is the average minimum temperature for July so pretty astonishing.

there has been the odd 13c-14c maximum in the absolute shockers like July 2012 and 2008, but nothing at all like this.

1993 had a 13.3c maximum, 1988 a 12.4c maximum in July at Aspatria Met Office site

so its really on par with the absolute pits of bad Julys

Edited by Lake District Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Apparently solar activity is very low at the moment and I think it could be affecting the path of the jet stream at the moment as the jet stream is unusually southerly placed at the moment:

http://spaceweather.com/

If we had activity higher then the gulf stream would function better and we'd have more of a stab at heat . As it is its not looking all that favourable, quite concerning in actual fact.

Has the jet not been unusually south for the last 10 summers,except 2013