Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Frustrating just how frequently the warmth and settled conditions of a British sumner drop off a cliff just as the summer holidays come around in late July & August!

Off to Devon in a week's time and disappointed to see current forecasts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Frustrating just how frequently the warmth and settled conditions of a British sumner drop off a cliff just as the summer holidays come around in late July & August!

Off to Devon in a week's time and disappointed to see current forecasts

Yes, it seems the start of the school holidays is a curse on our weather the bulk of them up here finished on Friday I gave up going on Holiday in July and August years ago in the UK as the weather was more often than not rubbish to put its polity.

I find May and September on average more reliable, though of course it's not possible for some to go away at these times when you have kids at school / college
Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Just goes to show you.. seeing model charts in the way off future of the jet moving north and high pressure  building from the south. Like the bbc and met office, have been saying for a while now.. even  on here above average august.. Doesn't mean its going to happen.. :D

• Like 1

Posted

An awful poor looking run on GFS charts, first week of August hinting at clinging on firmly onto a week long of NW'ly. daytime temps no higher than 18C before jet stream sinks and sits right across us for days on end, dragging in a non stop LP fronts.

I think summer should call it day now.  Roll on 2016.

roll on 2016 ? , problem is.... its likely to be more of the same,  these are our typical modern summers now,  and have been like this for the last several years,   july 2013 was the only notable very warm summer period that we could say was a prolonged scorcher,   a very rare event now ,  although last july was not bad ,  dont even mention how poor our junes and augusts are becoming :wallbash: .  and this july has been , well meh

Posted

Summer 2013 and 2014 were acceptable summers. we didn't  have the consent northwesterly to westertly winds like this summer.. when ever I watch the bbc they go on about the sunshine.. They haven't mentioned for my location that the prediction of 17c is like 4 degrees below what it should be for the time of year..

yet tomorrow when its 20c they will mention its average :D  :D..

Posted

118.4mm of rain now this month making it my wettest summer month on record with a third of it still to go.

Absolutely revolting. It's 12.2C at the moment in the middle of the afternoon in what should be the warmest time of the year :wallbash:

Putrid and beyond depressing. I wish I could hibernate for the rest of this ghastly soul destroying season. Just detest summer nowadays. It's changed beyond recognition since 2007. Even winter 2013/14, except for the last fortnight of January, was more pleasant than this.

• Like 5

118.4mm of rain now this month making it my wettest summer month on record with a third of it still to go.

Absolutely revolting. It's 12.2C at the moment in the middle of the afternoon in what should be the warmest time of the year :wallbash:

Putrid and beyond depressing. I wish I could hibernate for the rest of this ghastly soul destroying season. Just detest summer nowadays. It's changed beyond recognition since 2007. Even winter 2013/14, except for the last fortnight of January, was more pleasant than this.

holiday abroad perhaps :)....
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Its about the only way these days if you want heat and sunshine.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Its about the only way these days if you want heat and sunshine.....

Or he can move down to London. It has been a bone dry, sunny and mostly warm summer, after a cool start. You can count the days of no sun on one finger :cc_confused:  Even hit 36c, we are crying out for some 'Aberdeen style' weather down here, to water the plants. My melons have been growing a treat though. So come to sunny London if you don't mind burglars, stabbings,  muggings, strangers hiding in your garden at night and that's in the safe parts, but at least it is always sunny. :good:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Yes am not sure what has happened to the weather at all,what happened to the 2 or 3 very good summers per Decade,just 2 very good summer months here since 2006 ,July 2013 and June 2010 out of a possible 30,i dare not add up the poor months!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

12C??! Poor you, that's so horrid for July. 24C in London and clear skies now. Book yourself a trip to Spain, only way to guarantee some nice summer weather since 2007. Models are pretty poor for the next week or so, no sign of any warmth but hopefully that'll change. August could be decent, too early to tell yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Did someone say May was a reliable month? It was dreadful this year, last year, 2013 and 2012. I don't remember the last time May was 'nice' - 2012 came closest with that end-of-month settled spell but it was largely terrible. 2008 was the last really good one perhaps?

April, on the other hand, has been consistently great. No complaints.

And August continues to get a bad rep just because it hasn't been very hot in recent years, ignoring two very nice months in 2012 and 2013. I remember both here nearly always within the 21-25C range and only a few days below that. What more do people want? 1995 revisited?

Posted

what do you people want?? errrr cough not  15/16 c that's been forecasted next week. AFTER  YES AFTER.. the gfs 2 days go had law 20s for my location and for most of the uk. what went wrong with that forecast I wonder??? more wishful thinking?..

There is no mention in the long range forecast from anyone at the bbc how consistently low the tempertures have been for most of the uk.. Not one?  am sure it will be mentioned when the round of the month comes along. and then there will be a small glimpse of a huge high to the south west.. they will keep pointing it.. as if it will make some inroads.  oh yes it will for 2 days in  a second week of august.. :D

Like I said earlier why don't the weather  people just say what is happening rather than what "might" happen :yahoo:.Never heard so much  beating around the bush in my life. :rofl:

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

One of the best things about Summer for me is sunset. I don't know why, but very often at this time of year the sunsets can be simply staggering.

My crappy photographs just don't do justice to the last 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted

Did someone say May was a reliable month? It was dreadful this year, last year, 2013 and 2012. I don't remember the last time May was 'nice' - 2012 came closest with that end-of-month settled spell but it was largely terrible. 2008 was the last really good one perhaps?

And August continues to get a bad rep just because it hasn't been very hot in recent years, ignoring two very nice months in 2012 and 2013. I remember both here nearly always within the 21-25C range and only a few days below that. What more do people want? 1995 revisited?

It is not too much to ask for a week of settled sunny weather in july and one in August in an 'average' year.In general [very general] that has been the case throughout my memory of summers with a selection of poor ones as well as a selection of very good ones.I can pretty much say with the exception of July 2013 I am struggling to think of any July or August that have produced more than 4  days in a row of summer like very warm sunny days in the last 10 years her in the pennines!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Agree with this! May is certainly not a reliable month lol, April and June are more reliable. August is a real enigma, it seems to have a got worse over the years and turned more Septemberish. Likewise, September seems to have become more like August. Only 2013 and 2009 stick out as decent Augusts of recent times in this neck of the woods. 2012 was certainly warm and had a few sunny spells but a bit too much rain for my liking despite its thundery nature. I think it seemed better having followed April-July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Today was incredibly clear, sunny, breezy, bright, warm in the sunshine, nicely cool in the shade. Reminded me of living in Devon as a little girl in 1979/1980 ish, same clouds and air quality.

• Like 1

Posted

the last 4 days has made July into a horror show now, each day is an extra -0.1c on the anomaly and this looks to continue for the rest of the month going by the forecast. 15-16c at best with a continued strong breeze. revolting. 

i expect this month to finish at least 1c below average here, the 7th below average month in a row, a complete contrast to 2014

• Like 1

Posted

the last 4 days has made July into a horror show now, each day is an extra -0.1c on the anomaly and this looks to continue for the rest of the month going by the forecast. 15-16c at best with a continued strong breeze. revolting. 

i expect this month to finish at least 1c below average here, the 7th below average month in a row, a complete contrast to 2014

Yes I agree it is certainly worse the further north you go,am not sure where they are getting the figures from for July as they are giving it above average temps???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yes I agree it is certainly worse the further north you go,am not sure where they are getting the figures from for July as they are giving it above average temps???

In the south somewhere I should imagine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

August rescued quite a few summers during the 90s and early 00s. Its about time it did it again!

• Like 1

Posted

This month is reminding me of that yawnfest summer of 2002, one cloudy, humid nothingness from May to August, like a slightly damper 2011.

When was the last time we had a non-westerly wind direction for more than 24 hours? April I think. Where's the continental air, anticyclones or even a bright fresh straight northerly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

This month is reminding me of that yawnfest summer of 2002, one cloudy, humid nothingness from May to August, like a slightly damper 2011.

When was the last time we had a non-westerly wind direction for more than 24 hours? April I think.

Was it not just the recent plume?

Posted

Cloudy,some showers and 14 deg,strange how can a month that gave us the highest july reading at the beginning of the month possibly be challenging to get into my POOR month list!!!