Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Disgusting day. I don't believe the gardens badly need the rain at all even in the south. It hasn't been that dry. It should be drier in July!

The grass has been brown and dead for weeks. Some sites didn't even record 10mm of rain down here last month. That, combined with the fact last month was quite sunny down here, has lead to some very parched gardens.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The grass has been brown and dead for weeks. Some sites didn't even record 10mm of rain down here last month. That, combined with the fact last month was quite sunny down here, has lead to some very parched gardens.

Fair enough. Must be fairly localised though. Would have thought some would have had a good bit from last weeks thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

In some ways, it's not felt too cool here (18.9*C), although the high humidity has been making it feel a bit muggy and sticky. But thanks to the cloudy and damp conditions, going to give today a rating of 1.7/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hooray for humidity! At least it makes crappy cool days feel warmer.

True.

(Edit: Might actually bump my 1.7/10 rating to 2/10 as there's a few brighter breaks in the clouds).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

why do you consistently lie? unless you live up a mountain?. July 2013  and 2014 were excellent.. Halifax isn't far from leeds. So gets the same weather. if you think  the last 2 julys have been poor. Then you've been out the country..

I am not in the habbit of Lying but maybe you should do a little more homework in how different it is here in the pennines than just a few miles to Leeds or Manchester.I am however sorry as I didn't make the right statement,what I should have said is there has only been one VERY GOOD July since 2006.2013 was an excellent July whereas 2014 was I would call 'better than average'.I only recorded 2 days above 22 deg and many cloudy or partially cloudy days with lots of days with some showers.Am sure you had it much better in Leeds.

Posted

El nino is definitely having an effect on this summer in some way or another as the jet stream is behaving in a certain way hillbilly. Then again other nino typed summers have behaved similar to this including 1972 and 1997.

If we get an August like 1997 i'll throw a big party!!!

Posted

So you look at July 2006 as the perfect example of a  July? Even though it was probably if not the hottest  summer month on record? :D.

July 2013 was amazing here..2014 wasn't far behind..

Anyhow back to this summer..since mid-june the amount of nicer days has increased..to about 35% overall. so an improvement..Just not been great over all. Hopefully  things will be better in the second half of the summer. Time has ever will tell :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If we get an August like 1997 i'll throw a big party!!!

But what if we get one like 1972? :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The last two summers here have been very good although both Julys in these years were the best summer months...July 2013 was hot and sunny with violent thunderstorms to end that hot settled spell on the 22nd. August 1st that year saw 32c/90f then it all went down hill! Last year saw some beautiful summer weather in June and July, although some stunning nocturnal thunderstorms in July. ,August was a right off, then summer started again in September!!! This year is the lack of rain down here which is the talking point. :rofl:  :D  :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes the good old southeast of England is living up to tradition :closedeyes:

Posted

But what if we get one like 1972? :shok:

Unfortunately I don't remember it as I was only a toddler but from what I can gather it was not very good,maybe a trip to the pub to drown my sorrows!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Unfortunately I don't remember it as I was only a toddler but from what I can gather it was not very good,maybe a trip to the pub to drown my sorrows!

Not much cop, if I recall. Then I was only 15 myself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The last two summers here have been very good although both Julys in these years were the best summer months...July 2013 was hot and sunny with violent thunderstorms to end that hot settled spell on the 22nd. August 1st that year saw 32c/90f then it all went down hill! Last year saw some beautiful summer weather in June and July, although some stunning nocturnal thunderstorms in July. ,August was a right off, then summer started again in September!!! This year is the lack of rain down here which is the talking point. :rofl:  :D  :closedeyes:

There was a big difference here between August 2013 and August 2014. 2013 as i remember was consistently warm without being anything spectacular. Humberside Airport recorded a mean max of 22.6c which was very reasonable. However last year was a write off as you say, after a decent start. I would gladly take another August 2013 again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Disgusting day. I don't believe the gardens badly need the rain at all even in the south. It hasn't been that dry. It should be drier in July!

Lots of brown grass around here. I think we did need today's rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lol, pop yourself down to the London area and check out all the dead grass and trees showing stress, going yellow/brown. It has been very dry here indeed. I have a birdbath in the garden and you should witness the manic activity when I fill it up. Had butterflies following me whilst I was watering the allotment the other day, trying to drink up stray drops of water. Amazing! Not seen that before. The storms last week were impressive lightning-wise but gave my location just a quick shower. It drizzled today. Need rain!! Not 2012 style endless weeks of it of course but a decent couple of storms or a 12 hour heavy frontal fall, not useless drizzle in the wind.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

The dreaded south westerly in full ascendency today - end result a miserable wet low cloud affair, but thankfully things cleared up this evening to leave some sunny breaks and cheerier feel. A gloomy Monday not feeling like the start of high summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

This is one time of year when I don't mind a South - Westerly although I would prefer a North or North Westerly of course.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Quite a poor summer so far imby.

• Like 1

Posted

Lol, pop yourself down to the London area and check out all the dead grass and trees showing stress, going yellow/brown. It has been very dry here indeed. I have a birdbath in the garden and you should witness the manic activity when I fill it up. Had butterflies following me whilst I was watering the allotment the other day, trying to drink up stray drops of water. Amazing! Not seen that before. The storms last week were impressive lightning-wise but gave my location just a quick shower. It drizzled today. Need rain!! Not 2012 style endless weeks of it of course but a decent couple of storms or a 12 hour heavy frontal fall, not useless drizzle in the wind.

I'm struggling to remember the last decent bout of rain we had here. Today was just a dampener to be honest. No real sign of anything on the horizon either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Lots of brown grass around here. I think we did need today's rain.

Yes plenty of brown grass around these parts too, a drop of rain is fine so long as it doesn't turn into a prolonged spell.

Posted

Yes plenty of brown grass around these parts too, a drop of rain is fine so long as it doesn't turn into a prolonged spell.

Although it has been overall relatively dry here it is an eternity away from brown grass,you have more chance of seeing Elvis riding Shergar than seeing brown grass here this year!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I'm struggling to remember the last decent bout of rain we had here. Today was just a dampener to be honest. No real sign of anything on the horizon either.

Spring was pretty dry here also..had no appreciable rain in May or June and apart from some heavy showers July has been dry also.

Posted

Although it has been overall relatively dry here it is an eternity away from brown grass,you have more chance of seeing Elvis riding Shergar than seeing brown grass here this year!!

There has definitely been a north-south divide this summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

This summer has been okayish around these parts. I would give June 6/10 and July a 7 up to now. Thankfully no monsoon rains like many recent summers.