Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Mark Griffin said:

Front slowing in easterly progress as it starts to interact with the hills, bugger.

As you suspected, this is why a said we will be too far east. 

Oh well hopefully chances next week. :) 

Posted

The stuff further north, is, I believe due to sink south as the day progresses, so that may be where the region could do well from later.

Or it might now snow at all... Who knows! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Fascinating times.  Some of the progress north may push southwards over us.  We shall see 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Afternoon all :)

A nail biting afternoon/evening of radar watching coming up lol! Can we do it?? Hope so.

Front seems to be well ahead of time too, was supposed to be an overnight tonight event but its not far away now. Just shows how hard even T0 is to forecast. We cant have any confidence at all for Monday or next week.

Pleased to see the cold hanging on though most of next week for us. Lets hope we do all see some snow from this spell :cold:

P.S. Surpised most of Wales is seeing rain and not snow. Most of radar is blue for them, it usualy does well with the mountains. hmm...

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted

The front in Scotland must be about 100 miles more east that progged surely? It's almost at the east coast

• Like 1

Posted

Been running the rain today HD app over and over to try and work out what will happen. I reckon it will be further east than expected, possibly as far as Leeds/wakefield/Doncaster. Has been sunny all day but now clouding over from the north west.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Griffin said:

The front in Scotland must be about 100 miles more east that progged surely? It's almost at the east coast

Indeed, I think the Western parts of the region should be looking north to the snow in Scotland, Northern England, especially if does start sinking south.

Front is still moving Eastwards as a whole. 

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder how accurate the 10cm for hills is going to be. It doenst look too heavy atm and as it moves SE it wont be gaining strength. Come on front, you can do it :p

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

I wonder how accurate the 10cm for hills is going to be. It doenst look too heavy atm and as it moves SE it wont be gaining strength. Come on front, you can do it :p

The main strength is over Scotland. The outer edge which is only 15 miles away from me now has significant falls on its eastern side (aka hopefully US). Key will be where the bulk goes over this evening, if it carries on this Eastward trend it really could hit the Pennines full on.

• Like 4

Posted

Some very light showers forming just ahead of the front over the peaks, i doubt them reaching the ground though.  Orographic lift perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I will be amazed if we get snowfall across west and South Yorkshire that settles if I'm honest. The hills look to be killing the eastward extent of the front. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, terrier said:

I will be amazed if we get snowfall across west and South Yorkshire that settles if I'm honest. The hills look to be killing the eastward extent of the front. 

Was thinking the same looking at the radar. Think it will take something special to give us a hope in seeing some if any lol. 

Just have to wait and see :) 

Posted
1 minute ago, snow*please said:

Was thinking the same looking at the radar. Think it will take something special to give us a hope in seeing some if any lol. 

Just have to wait and see :) 

Yeah its definatly starting to kill it near here. Will hit here, but by looks of it wont get much further its really running out of steam.

• Like 1

Posted

A very good METO update though. This is what the website is showing for this evening and tonight for Ranmoor in Sheffield which is just down the road:

snow1601.thumb.jpg.5d4cdb40269b33089a795iceday1701.thumb.jpg.90cf9e9294cf7d418a7

Heavy snow for a few hours this evening and into the early hours and then a glorious ice day tomorrow :D  :cold:

Looks cold right out to Friday too!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

A very good METO update though. This is what the website is showing for this evening and tonight for Ranmoor in Sheffield which is just down the road:

snow1601.thumb.jpg.5d4cdb40269b33089a795iceday1701.thumb.jpg.90cf9e9294cf7d418a7

Heavy snow for a few hours this evening and into the early hours and then a glorious ice day tomorrow :D  :cold:

Looks cold right out to Friday too!

Its changed for here as well, showing snow from now till midnight with heavy from 7pm. Does look like they are now predicting the main bulk to hit the Pennines.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Its changed for here as well, showing snow from now till midnight with heavy from 7pm. Does look like they are now predicting the main bulk to hit the Pennines.

Heres hoping for us then! :D:cold:

Posted

The stuff to the immediate west of South Yorkshire is not the area to look, it's up on the Scottish borders moving south.

• Like 1

Posted

The area over the Scottish border is pushing well East I'm struggling to see why some aren't optimistic. 

• Like 2

Posted

Meto forecast Has my area with snow from 6-12pm. 

Hope that's right, all I want is a covering, doesn't have to be anything special lol 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Cheese Rice said:

The area over the Scottish border is pushing well East I'm struggling to see why some aren't optimistic. 

I thought that too

It's been pushing east through each run so it is looking good for abit o our region :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Cheese Rice said:

I certainly feel some parts may well get a covering at least from that stuff up in Scotland... Even on the latest radars, the PPN over Scotland and Northern England is still pushing east, but also slightly southwards. 

Posted

I agree, I think were in with a shout of seeing snow falling in a few hours time and hopefully a decent covering. The best thing is if we do get some and then possibly more early next week then we should be white for a few days from tonight. Really hope we get some laying snow for a while :)

Posted

The front should hit Leeds in the next few hours possibly earlier.

It's kinda mild atm at 2.c I would imagine low lying West Yorkshire is at 3.c. Shouldn't be an issue but may take a little time for the snow to settle on low ground judging by the reports of snowing but no laying on the north west forum.