Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A lovely sunset here at topa Rowsley Bar just now.

post-12319-0-65190900-1440876080_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Today has been a very pleasant day actually. All downhill from here and cold for the time of year next week. No one can defend it, the temperatures next week could end up quite a lot below average for a time. I don't get how some expect that the 1st September should be a sudden flick of the switch to cold conditions and it's acceptable all of a sudden?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Today has been a very pleasant day actually. All downhill from here and cold for the time of year next week. No one can defend it, the temperatures next week could end up quite a lot below average for a time. I don't get how some expect that the 1st September should be a sudden flick of the switch to cold conditions and it's acceptable all of a sudden?

Yes, certainly cannot see much sun next week, early Sept, still too strong the  sun to prevent convective cloud, more chance late 0ct onwards off this setup of sunny weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I can somehow agree, but it's hardly been a summer of heat or even to end with though.

overall temps have been below average for summer 2015 and it will be forgotten quite quickly in my eyes.

But regarding August going into September, with what the models are showing us ATM we will be seeing a nice start to Autumn,

but yes! with temps again looking like being below average for this time of the year we will be seeing them leaves starting to change leaf.gif

But me personally as soon as the 1st of Sept is here all I'll be thinking is :cold: "ONE SEASON TO GO" :cold: ....love it :)

EDIT,.... With the ongoing El Nino and it's record-breaking senerio.....it maybe a very interesting Winter ahead... INDEED :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A pleasant morning here with long sunny spells and light winds. Temp 14.2c

Posted

Light rain set in now after a cloudy afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Awoke to the sound of heavy rain lashing the windows. From the radar looks like we're in for a soggy day.

Posted

A dull morning here with 7.8mm rain so far with light E/N/E winds.  With Fog and low cloud shrouding the hills.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Rain's eased off here, thick fog covering the Hills. Temp 13oC.

Posted

No change here other than a lull for around an hour, Light rain continues. Temp 13.1c

Posted

Oh dear checked in for a look at the outlook and gasped, this year...wow I mean there are no words, no summer and now straight to November, Vitamin D back out it is.

Posted

washout shocker tomorrow, and icy cold wind, rain may not stop tomorrow and wednesday, maybe better later in week, but icy wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Doesn't look a washout tomorrow at all to me? A few showers down the Cheshire gap yes but no streamers I would have thought!

Posted

Doesn't look a washout tomorrow at all to me? A few showers down the Cheshire gap yes but no streamers I would have thought!

huge streamer at the moment, missing me to the west, hope it dosen't move on more SE track

Posted

A sharp shower around 4am left 0.8mm, A dry morning since with sunny spells and a cool Nly breeze. Showers possible later, Temp 12.4c

Posted

Today very good start to the month nice bubbling TC clouds and big showers,warm sun and 2 cracks of thunder with lightning.

Feels cool now,but nothing like a very slack flow and its from the north/NW.

Posted

11.7c and beasting it down, I pray the UKMO is right for next week, GFS a mucky cloudfest, 14c and grey skies this weekend looks like six months later and same old same old...

Edited by conor123

Posted

well definitely a cool start to September, whilst driving to Bradwell during a heavy shower the temp dropped to 8c  :cold:

this was at 1.30pm this afternoon

Edited by marksp

Posted

Really Confused as to why I haven't heard thunder here or seen lightning. I have excellent views to my South East and harborne is more than close enough. I do live on a main road but it's quiet enough now to hear any action.

Possibly more chances tomorrow though.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

I was surprised how quiet it was here though. I live on the east side of the hill and have great views across to Birmingham to my south east. Thunder from that direction is normally louder than that. I can hardly hear it when there's a storm to my west though!

Edited by Gord