Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful sunny start thanks to a lovely gap in the cloud cover that Kent, Essex and Suffolk are currently enjoying. And it's up to 18C already. The next few days don't look to shabby either!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The dreary theme to the weather continues here with cloud ridden skies and quite windy. Bit warmer than yesterday, managing 22C so far. Weekend looking ok at the moment though next weeks modelled warm up has disappeared, no surprise there lol. Week away to Spain at the end of Aug now booked, hooray!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Clouded over for about an hour at about 10, then it got sunny again but with more wind. Now the cloud is back again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The usual warm, humid, sunny crud here! :D 24.4c This is one tedious summer if you want variety in your weather. Had two storms that lasted 10 minutes each and hardly any rain, every day is the same. Roll on winter, unless it is a load of samey crud too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

I actually think it's a nice day today! Bit windy - yes! Bit cloudy - yes! But it feels very warm in the sunshine and doesn't feel to cool out of the sun either.

I'm off to Portugal for 3 weeks Saturday so not really bothered about whether next weeks heat happens, but I hope it's warm and sunny for you all. We deserve a nice August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloud cleared again about an hour after my last post and it's been sunny since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sun sun sun in the oh never mind, it was sunny here getting to that time now where it departs sadly.  Some cloud though.

Been warm this evening so musnt grumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Got to say for me this Sumer has been great so far . I can't remember seeing so many storms. One last night for instance out of nowhere and it's never been front after front of rain. I'm looking forward to the next hot spell this weekend onwards and may it last into September when I'm going on a canal trip of England . Then I will be looking for il Nino to work its magic ? And bring the blizzards for December

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely bright fresh feeling sunny morning :smile:

Posted

Fabulous morning with hardly a cloud in the sky and currently a comfortable 19C. Cloud satellite shows lots of lovely sunshine to be enjoyed by most of the UK. The Met Off Fax chart shows the cause of the cloud affecting areas around Norfolk and the Wash - some trailing cloud from a decaying cold front - but that should move off into the North Sea as the day progresses. 

Cloud Cover 10.00 post-20040-0-23095800-1438939685_thumb.j Fax Chart post-20040-0-43825100-1438939697_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Fabulous morning with hardly a cloud in the sky and currently a comfortable 19C. Cloud satellite shows lots of lovely sunshine to be enjoyed by most of the UK. The Met Off Fax chart shows the cause of the cloud affecting areas around Norfolk and the Wash - some trailing cloud from a decaying cold front - but that should move off into the North Sea as the day progresses. 

Cloud Cover 10.00 attachicon.gifCloud Cover 07Aug 10.00.jpg Fax Chart attachicon.gifMetO Fax Chart 07Aug.gif

It's now clearing-up a bit here, as you suggested.  Quite humid though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Cloud is being stubborn here today

Posted

A disappointing amount of cloud has bubbled up inland, but look at how the coastal fringe around our Region is enjoying clear skies. And I would guess it's probably clear blue skies for a good 15 to 20 miles inland.  

post-20040-0-62166900-1438957527_thumb.j

Certainly feeling warm and humid this afternoon - even under the cloud. Currently 23.6C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lovely convective looking clouds today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Going by Sir Michael's latest video, we could be having 25-27C pretty much all of next week. And with some T-storm activity thrown in as well... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Going by Sir Michael's latest video, we could be having 25-27C pretty much all of next week. And with some T-storm activity thrown in as well... :D

Just on the edge of too hot but bring on them storms, I watched an amazing cloud the other evening totally miss me and throw out a storm later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

A disappointing amount of cloud has bubbled up inland, but look at how the coastal fringe around our Region is enjoying clear skies. And I would guess it's probably clear blue skies for a good 15 to 20 miles inland.  

attachicon.gifCloud Cover 07Aug 15.05.jpg

Certainly feeling warm and humid this afternoon - even under the cloud. Currently 23.6C.

Typical - Norwich is just into the cloudy area, and I'm just to the south!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just on the edge of too hot but bring on them storms, I watched an amazing cloud the other evening totally miss me and throw out a storm later on.

I know exactly what you mean, Dami; it's only about 24C here, today...and it's already a tad too warm...i certainly feel the heat more, as I get older.

1976 was no problem at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Better day today here at last, 25C with still large amounts of cloud but some warm sun too. Weekend looks quite good too.

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

just a quick look in to what could  happen could are warm summer we have had  on the east coast coming to a  end  as  its looking a bit unsettled   after  the weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I look at the XC Weather forcast which is very basic and run from the GFS and it looks horrible later in week.

I read the MO forcast and it was looking like the south of the med here.

Much the same on here sometimes lol....

• Like 1

Posted

^ Yes, Weds into Thurs look interesting on the GFS, with an area of Low Pressure in northern France and some pulses of heavy rain moving up across the Channel. The CAPE & LI charts currently don't show much potential for storms, but they didn't the other evening when we enjoyed a few surprises, so we'll see.

Looking a better day here today, with more sunshine and a good chance of beating yesterday's 24C - one to enjoy! 

Posted

Lovely day here so far, sunny with light winds and 23C currently. That's more like it!