Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

well what a day really dry cloudy, high cloud with the sun able to be seen through it, and so humid you could feel some drops on your skin every now and then, yuk. Wasn't rain or drizzle just moisture in the air that you could an odd drop a couple of times while out.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As others have said the forecast for today has been very poor by the Beeb.Meant to be dry all day with some sun this afternoon(last nights forecast on bbc1 @10.30).We had steady rain here from 7.15-9.30am(welcome for the gardens) and then rain on and off since 3.15 this afternoon. For this part of the world we have had about 6 or 7 times in last 4 or 5 weeks where we should have had rain/showers and they have never materialised. Today no rain in the forecast and we get it.As someone once said "Funny old game" lol

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

The Met Office are on board. This mornings forecast from Carol:

attachicon.gif20150811_074704_resized.jpg attachicon.gif20150811_074717_resized.jpg attachicon.gif20150811_074719_resized.jpg attachicon.gif20150811_074722_resized.jpg

They should concentrate more on the here and now - get today right before looking at tomorrow. On the basis of the current accuracy, Thursday and Friday will end up dry.

Posted

They should concentrate more on the here and now - get today right before looking at tomorrow. On the basis of the current accuracy, Thursday and Friday will end up dry.

It was dry here like they said lol.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Where will the heavy rain be later this week? :unknw:  Any guesses will be much appreciated by the Met Office :D Here is a video explaining yesterday's balls up in the forecast by them, from 1 minute 14 seconds in to 2 minutes 20 seconds in,  explains it! http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Frustratingly we're right on the edge of the rain here in Cambridge this morning, clear blue skies just a few miles to the North but grey and drizzly overhead, hopefully it clears further south as the morning progresses

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

All grey here, but the drizzle has stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy start here, trapped frontal systems can make a real mockery of what looks like a very good chart at face value.

gfs-0-12.png?0

High pressure slap bang over us with a light easterly wind, it should be fine with good sunny spells, but alas.

Posted

wow and still it is humid and that front is still about, they still got it wrong for today lol. Had been some rain at some point here the cars are wet. At the moment though it's just cloudy. If it feels this humid before the humidity arrives how flipping humid is it going to get. it's 91% at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Making one of my intermittent non winter check ins!

Looking like we could have an interesting couple of days ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The BBC website put out this forecast from the Met Office at 13.06 today and there's no doubt - there's uncertainty about timing and location of the heaviest rains and storms. The Met Office are going for the fun and games to start overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning for our Region, with a second pulse coming up for overnight Thursday and into Friday:

Weds night post-20040-0-06716800-1439392371_thumb.j Thurs night post-20040-0-17563100-1439392385_thumb.j

However, the Met Off forecast for overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning is not supported by the NMM or Euro4 models, which show the heavy rain and storms further west, impacting the likes of Devon, Somerset and Avon (although to be fair, Darren Bett does say placement is uncertain). What is agreed by the Met Off, NMM and Euro4 is that our turn looks to be the period overnight Thurs into Friday.

NMM Fri 00.00 post-20040-0-21836800-1439392725_thumb.p Euro4 Fri 00.00 post-20040-0-78288600-1439392764_thumb.g

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

wow and still it is humid and that front is still about, they still got it wrong for today lol. Had been some rain at some point here the cars are wet. At the moment though it's just cloudy. If it feels this humid before the humidity arrives how flipping humid is it going to get. it's 91% at the moment.

Very much agree with you, humidity seems to be better now but last couple of days have been yuk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The BBC website put out this forecast from the Met Office at 13.06 today and there's no doubt - there's uncertainty about timing and location of the heaviest rains and storms. The Met Office are going for the fun and games to start overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning for our Region, with a second pulse coming up for overnight Thursday and into Friday:

Weds night attachicon.gifBBC Weather Forecast 12Aug for Weds night.jpg Thurs night attachicon.gifBBC Weather Forecast 12Aug for Thurs night.jpg

However, the Met Off forecast for overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning is not supported by the NMM or Euro4 models, which show the heavy rain and storms further west, impacting the likes of Devon, Somerset and Avon (although to be fair, Darren Bett does say placement is uncertain). What is agreed by the Met Off, NMM and Euro4 is that our turn looks to be the period overnight Thurs into Friday.

NMM Fri 00.00 attachicon.gifNMM 5K Fri14Aug 00.00.png Euro4 Fri 00.00 attachicon.gifEuro4 Fri14Aug 00.00.gif

It's very-much a wait-and-see situation, Malcolm...Either we'll get hammered or we'll see nothing!

• Like 1

Posted

It all looks too good to be true Malcolm going by them graphics infrequent localised in nature thundery downpours seems more likely to me the parameters in place do not have such a vibe to them IMO who knows! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Good old nowcasting it is!

Posted

It's very-much a wait-and-see situation, Malcolm...Either we'll get hammered or we'll see nothing!

Absolutely Pete. But great fun watching it all unfold! It's what makes 'weather watching' so compelling for me - the ups and downs. Will it.... won't it...!!  :)

Posted

were i work they were clearing the drains ready for thu /fri  storms!!

Posted

Absolutely Pete. But great fun watching it all unfold! It's what makes 'weather watching' so compelling for me - the ups and downs. Will it.... won't it...!!  :)

Cannae argue with that, Malcolm...If there's one thing I've learned about Suffolk's weather, these past 3 years, it's that we must always expect the unexpected. What ever that means! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cannae argue with that, Malcolm...If there's one thing I've learned about Suffolk's weather, these past 3 years, it's that we must always expect the unexpected. What ever that means! :D

Frogs falling from the heavens, that would be unexpected, even for Suffolk. :ninja:

• Like 2

Posted

Frogs falling from the heavens, that would be unexpected, even for Suffolk. :ninja:

Alien invasion? Is that weather? :cc_confused:

Posted

Evening all,

The temperature is dropping here in Southend, but the humidity is still rising.....  I wonder if anything will kick off tonight

FC

Posted

The latest Real-Time Lightning Radar shows the storms are bubbling away across the Channel, currently just off the Brittany and Normandy coasts. I've only just started watching, so not sure where they are heading.

Lightning 20.15  post-20040-0-36487200-1439407643_thumb.p

Posted

Looks like almost a pure northerly direction at the moment, so the extreme west of our region. There is another growing lump of intense-looking activity south of Caen which puts the south-east much more in the firing line. A good few hours before it gets here though, I think. Maybe 5-6 hours until landfall and then the same again up to your way, BW, if it makes it that far.

Very wet second half of the night and morning here. Even at 2am, when the rain had started, the MetO widget was saying dry for the rest of the night and all day today. Not impressive at all. Currently 16.1c and 98% humidity. Welcome to the rain forest.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm sure me and my daughter are hearing distant rumbles, not sure how, those storms are miles away. Not very loud but defo sounds like thunder.

I'm sure me and my daughter are hearing distant rumbles, not sure how, those storms are miles away. Not very loud but defo sounds like thunder.

Me and my mate just heard the same thing!!!! I said to him that's not a plane is it (we live by Heathrow with 100s every day)

He goes no definitely not!

Very strange!!! And I'm miles more you!!