Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Typical these days.

We get weeks and weeks of almost drought.

Now when most of the veg's and fruit doesn't need the rain we appear to be getting months worth in a few days.

Ben, its Sunday it always rains it seems on sundays recently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Typical these days.

We get weeks and weeks of almost drought.

Now when most of the veg's and fruit doesn't need the rain we appear to be getting months worth in a few days.

Ben, its Sunday it always rains it seems on sundays recently.

Agreed since early May here in Norfolk we have had around 3 completely dry and sunny weekends, the rest have either been hot and sunny on a a sat then rain on Sunday or visa versa, this summer has really been pants for me as all the best and sunny weather has happened while at work grrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Ben depending on how quick that lot coming along the South Coast moves you may be right about it coming through quicker than forecast suggests http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'm in the gap at the moment but the direct looks to put me back in line for more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A horrible dark autumnal day in west London again, the second half of July is turning out very poor with the outlook for the week ahead not filling me with much enthusiasm either.

Slightly better signs for the start of August but it just doesn't look like we'll get a proper high pressure dominated spell this summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Light rain now here but a temp of only 12.8c which is awful for mid summer, just 2 weeks ago the model forum were predicting hot dry weather errrr hello!!! Lol

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

If one looks at the radar currently there is a great example of increased orographic rainfall over the south downs. Check out the 5 minute radar over the last hour if you have it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

14C today, absolutely awful! Don't mind a bit of rain but why does it have to be so ridiculously cold?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The cat is making me laugh. Every so often he goes to the patio door, looks out and sees it's raining, audibly sighs and walks off in a strop.

On the plus side, a nice warm pie for dinner is perfect rainy day food.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

The cat is making me laugh. Every so often he goes to the patio door, looks out and sees it's raining, audibly sighs and walks off in a strop.

Talking of which freshly made Shepard's Pie has already been devoured.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I haven't seen the sun for two whole days, so this is what it is like to live in Staines and oop norf! :80: 15c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Ha! And people say cats have no personality, so wrong. Bet most cats have been very unimpressed with the weather lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Bet most cats have been very unimpressed with the weather lately.

8 out of 10..... :)   post-20040-0-90381100-1437931617_thumb.j

Posted

8 out of 10..... :)   attachicon.gif8 out of 10.jpg

all i say its looks  like winter  out  side  just looked  at the models not good to say the lest!!

Posted

all i say its looks  like winter  out  side  just looked  at the models not good to say the lest!!

Temps still going up it was 12c at 1pm now its 17c In North West London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still raining here, nothing like fridays rain though, just light stuff on and off. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

So far this summer 5 out of 10 for excitement , goes hand in hand with recent winters. Looking forward to the nights drawing in now and the beauty of that first frost, long way off I know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Would be interesting to know when was the last time we had a day like today in the low teens in July anyone know any record low July temps for the south east? Say for 3pm. The coolest I ever remember in July was several years ago at 16c- it's only Just crept up to that this evening with the southerly wind!

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Lol Lauren this made me laugh, sounds just like my cat!

Time to see if a miracle has happened with the models today, by lack of posts this evening I doubt it.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Would be interesting to know when was the last time we had a day like today in the low teens in July anyone know any record low July temps for the south east? Say for 3pm. The coolest I ever remember in July was several years ago at 16c- it's only Just crept up to that this evening with the southerly wind!

I'm sure similar has happened before, may be not last year, but I'm think the year before had a few days like this, may have been in august though, not sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm sure similar has happened before, may be not last year, but I'm think the year before had a few days like this, may have been in august though, not sure.

The temperature hasn't dropped much at all tonight, it is holding firmly at 15c. This unsettled weather might not be a glitch but a pattern change to more unsettled weather for a couple of weeks. I welcome the rain as everything looks green now, but hopefully autumn hasn't arrived 2 months early, that would be curtains for my melons. I wonder if this is El Nino starting to make its presence felt?

Posted

I have to agree! Yesterday was a shocker. Stuck at 14C and in the 24 hours since yesterday morning there was a further 12.3mm of rain here. Warmer today at 17C but cloudy and the strength of the wind making it unpleasant.

The models don't show any lengthy settled spell right out to the end of their runs (12th Aug in the case of GFS). The problem seems to be the repeated positioning of High Pressure out to the West of the UK, always leaving the UK exposed to incursions of cool air from the NW. These examples from this morning's GFS:

28th July post-20040-0-92811600-1437989666_thumb.p 5th Aug post-20040-0-82500100-1437989695_thumb.p 12th Aug post-20040-0-77108400-1437989715_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Another horrible autumnal day with heavy showers and a strong breeze, off to the west of Ireland for a week tomorrow so at least this weather will get me acclimatised

Posted
I'm Off to Cambridge!!!  

You see the temperature looking at the Hot Spots, must be a fire there surely???

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted

Nice start to the morning, looking a fine few days ahead with a good chance of a warm up as we progress :)

Posted

Nice start to the morning, looking a fine few days ahead with a good chance of a warm up as we progress :)

Well done for being an optimist KB! Where can I get the happy pills you're on?   :good:

No, seriously, you are right but the fly in the ointment for the north of our Region will be getting past tomorrow's showery and very breezy day to see the improvement. EA will be worse affected, but you guys in Kent, Surrey & Sussex should escape them and indeed have a fine day. Just wish we could get the temps back up into the 20C's!

Sunny, windy and 15.4C here this morning.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Blessed Weather