Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had about an hour of steady rain and its stopped,clear slots appearing and the odd glimpse of blue sky,must say very disappointed with the amount at the moment,was expecting a lot more and boy do we need it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Horrible day in Cambridge, picked a great day to have to be working outdoors on site all day. Light to moderate rain since 10am with a few heavier bursts, don't quite get the enthusiasm for it at this time of year.

A horrible 2 and a half hour drive home as well with the A1 very slow, A41 closed and North Circular gridlocked, manholes bubbling up everywhere with a lot of surface flooding

• Like 1

Posted

monsoon  season  has  arr  here its pouring  down  outside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's peesing down up here too, tinybill!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Rain has now stopped, and only 9mm of rain so far. Was expecting 20+! + stronger winds. What's happened?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Not raining here atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Been absolutely pouring here for the past couple of hours. Total currently at 18.2mm. Look East showed parts of Suffolk having 50mm tonight. If that materialises it will be the highest 24hour total I have recorded in my 12 years of weather records.

Not good for harvest. Luckily we harvested our Oil Seed Rape on Wednesday evening, but there are plenty of others who haven't even started on their Barley yet, and have Wheat to harvest over the next few weeks. At least the ground dries out quickly this time of year, especially as we've had a dry Spring and Summer so far. 

• Like 2

Posted

The bright blob on the channel has a lot of lightning in it. Headed for the extreme south-east. Ahooooy there Alexis...

Posted

Spoke too soon,monsoon season

Posted

The bright blob on the channel has a lot of lightning in it. Headed for the extreme south-east. Ahooooy there Alexis...

Sat in the extreme south east with my thunderfingers crossed

• Like 1

Posted

Been absolutely pouring here for the past couple of hours. Total currently at 18.2mm. Look East showed parts of Suffolk having 50mm tonight. If that materialises it will be the highest 24hour total I have recorded in my 12 years of weather records.

Not good for harvest. Luckily we harvested our Oil Seed Rape on Wednesday evening, but there are plenty of others who haven't even started on their Barley yet, and have Wheat to harvest over the next few weeks. At least the ground dries out quickly this time of year, especially as we've had a dry Spring and Summer so far. 

Have had 18.3mm here in Bury St Eds. Rain has all but stopped here now but some heavy stuff is not too far away. I have a work mate who was heymaking today, talk about choose the wrong day for it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It just keeps on getting heavier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hum!! The latest radar shows the 'break' in the rainfall that many have posted about. But what's caught my eye is how the second pulse of rain has been deteriorating in intensity over the last hour? Will it pep up again? I'm starting to wonder if the forecasts of 50mm+ might be over-cooked?

So far 15mm here and a very cool feeling 13C.

18.30 post-20040-0-03044100-1437765724_thumb.j 20.00 post-20040-0-61600500-1437765737_thumb.j

Posted

Hum!! The latest radar shows the 'break' in the rainfall that many have posted about. But what's caught my eye is how the second pulse of rain has been deteriorating in intensity over the last hour? Will it pep up again? I'm starting to wonder if the forecasts of 50mm+ might be over-cooked?

So far 15mm here and a very cool feeling 13C.

18.30 attachicon.gifRainfall Radar 18.30.jpg 20.00 attachicon.gifRainfall Radar 20.00.jpg

reg  the  lull  their   looks like some they heavy  stuff heading towards  essex  Suffolk, norfolk  later  in the night from kent if the rain alarm  right!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Nice to see the rain now turning lighter on the radar! Let's hope it stays that way.

Moderate rain here all day & very chilly which has been rank! A summers Friday ruined!

At least it hasn't rain as much as those ridiculous GFS prediction totals (yet)

Looking forward to a dry day tomorrow with pleasant temps before more rain Sunday.. How exciting.. Not!!

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well you get one summer day like this every year, today just happened to be that awful day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Kent looking like the 'hotspot' for the worse (or best!) of the weather this evening, with the heaviest rain and numerous lightning strikes out in the Channel and one or two strikes inland too.

I'm now thinking the pivot point for the Low is further East than anticipated earlier today. This means the heaviest and most prolonged precipitation may be just off the coast and out in the North Sea? I suspect the heavy rain on the radar image below (off the coast of EA) was meant to pivot over EA and not out to sea.

Radar 21.15 post-20040-0-10073500-1437770358_thumb.j  Lightning strikes 21.15 post-20040-0-48512300-1437770379_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

WOW my heart just skipped a beat there was a deafening explosion sound as if something had become pulverised followed by a blinding illumination of Lightning this was less than 1/4 of a mile away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Funnel cloud reported near Hethel on Look East. The rain has been moderately steady so far, very useful for the garden and grazing but I bet some farmers are cursing right now!

• Like 1

Posted

Whilst it's been very wet at times during the day here it has been dry as a bone for the last two hours, despite the MetO hour-by-hour for this area saying the opposite (and keeping heavy rain going right through until 6am). I think the call about a more easterly pivot, looking at the latest radar, looks a good shout.

Posted

Bloody hell that was loud

• Like 1