Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

But we do need the rain?? :)

I'm looking forward to a rainy, cool, crappy summers day. :cold:  It will make a pleasant change from the endless sun and humidity that I have had in MBY for the past month. I just hope it is better than the last 5 attempts at rain I have had recently, 10 minute wonders delivering 0.5mms . :blink2:  Hope the forcast is correct for a change, could do without the gales though, my tree is teeming with apples. :yahoo::D When do the maggots invade? :( Anyone seen any wasps yet? *shiver*

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I'm looking forward to a rainy, cool, crappy summers day. :cold:  It will make a pleasant change from the endless sun and humidity that I have had in MBY for the past month. I just hope it is better than the last 5 attempts at rain I have had recently, 10 minute wonders delivering 0.5mms . :blink2:  Hope the forcast is correct for a change, could do without the gales though, my tree is teeming with apples. :yahoo::D When do the maggots invade? :( Anyone seen any wasps yet? *shiver*

Agreed

Has maggots in my ripe cherries already.

Yes its the wasps time of the year shorlty.

Seen several they seem to make a beeline (ha ha) for the cats food.

Posted

Agreed

Has maggots in my ripe cherries already.

Yes its the wasps time of the year shorlty.

Seen several they seem to make a beeline (ha ha) for the cats food.

I'm maggot free at the moment :D I saw some things swarming around the street lamps last night, god I hope they were not wasps, there were hundreds of them. Might have to wear body armour every time I leave the house. Sunny 23c here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Endless sun? Where's your house.. Dubai?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

He's my nextdoor neighbour: 23 and 25 A'Salaam Avenue!

• Like 1

Posted

Close! It's in Middlesex! Sunshine capital of the UK. :D Had sun nearly every day this month.

He's my nextdoor neighbour: 23 and 25 A'Salaam Avenue!

See you at the pool for :drinks: later. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

بالضبط. ما كنت Ø£Ùكر Ùيه

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think down here, we'v had a good summer so far. Indeed I haven't seen the grass this yellow in years!

• Like 1

Posted

Excuse my language, but bloody hell have you seen the predicted rain totals for tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Widely an inch and up to 3 inches in some spots in EA/SE.

This must be an ex-trop depression with those totals?.....dangerous totals as well falling on rock hard ground. Expect flooding and poss tree damage with sodden ground and trees in full leaf up against gales...

Get building an ark people, this looks like about as close as we get to a Typhoon in this country!

Edited by Shrimper
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Had more warm and sun here than not this summer, been nice overall.. Went out for a walk yesterday evening again and got home five and a half hours later in the dark but still short sleeves for me.

Loving this summer more than not, the poor days are far behind the good ones for this years tally IMHO.

• Like 1

Posted

Excuse my language, but bloody hell have you seen the predicted rain totals for tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Widely an inch and up to 3 inches in some spots in EA/SE.

This must be an ex-trop depression with those totals?.....dangerous totals as well falling on rock hard ground. Expect flooding and poss tree damage with sodden ground and trees in full leaf up against gales...

Get building an ark people, this looks like about as close as we get to a Typhoon in this country!

Just popped down to Lidl and picked up a cheap dinghy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Tomorrow looking like my worst nightmare! Cool & very wet in the middle of summer, how anyone can get excited by a day of heavy rain and cool temperatures on 24th July is hard for me to get my head around! Each to their own I guess, I can't expect everyone to prefer dry & warm like me.

At least members harping on about needing rain get their wish! Come Saturday morning it could be careful what you wish for, with more outbreaks of rain over the weekend plus possible very high totals tomorrow!

At least the ground is soft here with heavy rain fallen on different occasions during the past couple of weeks!

Thank the Lord I'm off to Portugal for 3 weeks next week.

Quite enjoy a day of heavy, frontal rainfall in summer, where the skies go dark. As long as it doesn't go on for weeks. I have 2 allotments and have been spending hours each week watering my crops since May! Could do with a decent rain fall to give me a rest lol.

Had lovely thunderstorms here on two occasions this month with some very frequent lightning but hardly any rain. Drizzle and cloud though...plenty of that. Absolutely hate it in summer, that's winter weather as far as I'm concerned.

Rest of July looks pretty crap but August? We're overdue a good one!

Posted

Close! It's in Middlesex! Sunshine capital of the UK. :D Had sun nearly every day this month.

See you at the pool for :drinks: later. :D

Crikey your house must have its own micro climate then!

My parents live in Edgware and there's been fair amount of cloudy days there! Constant drizzle day as well.

Still I shouldn't complain about tomorrow's November day weather - imagine living in Scotland.

You lot are absolute nutters looking forward to a day of pi**ing rain... Haha! Whatever does it for you ;-)

My turn in the winter when the Snow comes (fingers crossed)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well this end of Middlesex must be the cloudy side lol, look at this beautiful summer sky!

post-18410-0-22192500-1437671664_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dry, a high of 22C with some sunny spells. Not a bad day again then.

Tomorrow looks dreadful, just a reminder that for people who want weather like tomorrow that you have an entire season dedicated to it coming up in the near future.  :rofl:

GFS predicted rainfall totals

39-777UK.GIF?23-12

40-60mm potentially. Yikes....

Also 50-60mph gusts along the Norfolk and Suffolk coasts on Friday night.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

بالضبط. ما كنت Ø£Ùكر Ùيه

Would you like ice with that?

My parents live in Edgware and there's been fair amount of cloudy days there! Constant drizzle day as well.

Still I shouldn't complain about tomorrow's November day weather - imagine living in Scotland.

You lot are absolute nutters looking forward to a day of pi**ing rain... Haha! Whatever does it for you ;-)

I can see the cloud stuck over Edgware from my bedroom window. It seems to develope over Staines and head straight for Edgware, missing MBY :D  One crappy day in summer is okay, I can catch up with things indoors, like errrrr emmmmm.......knitting! :help:  SNOW! Now you're talking, can't wait for the snow season, although MBY seems to dodge snow  like it dodges clouds :cray:

Well this end of Middlesex must be the cloudy side lol, look at this beautiful summer sky!

That looks like Slough on a good day. :shok:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

me  thinks we  could get problems on Friday ground is rock hard  and looking at the weather more like a Oct storm, could be a lot of flooding

Posted

Been sunny and warm here most days, The prevalent wind may /early june has almost dropped, the sun is well strong too, One of my best recent summers.

Posted

بالضبط. ما كنت Ø£Ùكر Ùيه

Exactly . I could think of according to Google. Can't be quite right.

Posted

Been sunny and warm here most days, The prevalent wind may /early june has almost dropped, the sun is well strong too, One of my best recent summers.

Oh don't get me wrong this summer has been great so far. But not what I would call endless Sun as lassie said. It's been more dry than anything, which is great. Dog walking over the fields without getting muddy, got 6 months of winter for that!

Posted

Oh don't get me wrong this summer has been great so far. But not what I would call endless Sun as lassie said. It's been more dry than anything, which is great. Dog walking over the fields without getting muddy, got 6 months of winter for that!

Agree Ben :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Really need the rain so shouldn't complain BUT why on a Friday when it's an early finish and pub garden day :D

Plus Saturday I start building a 23x12ft decking area!! I notice Sunday not looking that great also, apart from last Sunday when the rain cleared to leave a half decent day the Sundays this summer have been rubbish imo.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Have to agree for some reason weekends have been dull. Few times but hot during the week... When is this rainfest supposed to kick off.

Summer here in welling has been ok hoping for good weather middle of August taking the kid and estranged to crimdon Dean nearly hartlepool.

I will be interested to see if we get these totals predicted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Batten down the hatches and tie down the patio furniture!! post-20040-0-57311500-1437722552_thumb.j

I've postponed today's outside job with this lot on the way! Radar 08.00  post-20040-0-04202900-1437722564_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well it seem to have started here, although barely at the moment, hopefully that heavier rain to the west gets here or it will be another day of promised rain disappearing.