Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Enjoyed catching up on the posts this evening. Some spot-on comments along the lines of "sun and fluffy clouds", "too much wind", "can't grumble about this summer", "another cracking day". Agreed!!

The day started off clear and blue, then the "fluffy" clouds popped up, then it turned a little more cloudy, then the clouds melted away for a glorious evening. For me, the wind has been uncomfortably strong at times. Not good when working on a roof in Monks Eleigh, Suffolk.

Just outside Monks Eleigh 12.30 post-20040-0-19850700-1437507240_thumb.j From the roof 15.30 post-20040-0-75279300-1437507286_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

The other problem this time of the year onwards is you have all the doors and windows open.

It cools down in the eve or a cooler day, so you shut or leave open a little, but the ambient temp is so high with the house and ground taht bingo your house/dwelling is very soon a sauna.

Thats the beauty of an older house with solid bricks, once they warm up they stay warm.

Posted

Not being a model reader how will I fair on the Norfolk broads for 10 days after Friday. My limited knowledge tells me dry weekend,

unsettled tues and wed then improving. Is that about right? thanks in advance.

It's not looking like a particularly settled week for your stay on the Broads snowwonder. Both main models (ECM & GFS) suggesting there will be some spells of rain or showers this Friday and Saturday and further spells during your first week, also some cool NW'ly winds around mid next week. But most days should see temps (conservatively) of 19C - 20C, so not feeling too bad particularly in any sunshine. I'm sure timing will continue to chop and change, so really it's a case of watching the daily TV forecast (if that's possible) or listening to the radio.

On a more cheerful note and as others have pointed out today, it usually doesn't turn out as bad as forecast for the SE corner and East Anglia, so fingers crossed for you! Hope you have a great time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sunny start, 17C and as yet, little wind :-)

Posted

It's not looking like a particularly settled week for your stay on the Broads snowwonder. Both main models (ECM & GFS) suggesting there will be some spells of rain or showers this Friday and Saturday and further spells during your first week, also some cool NW'ly winds around mid next week. But most days should see temps (conservatively) of 19C - 20C, so not feeling too bad particularly in any sunshine. I'm sure timing will continue to chop and change, so really it's a case of watching the daily TV forecast (if that's possible) or listening to the radio.

On a more cheerful note and as others have pointed out today, it usually doesn't turn out as bad as forecast for the SE corner and East Anglia, so fingers crossed for you! Hope you have a great time.

Thank you BW. Some wet days but looking this morning after tues not looking too bad. don't mind fishing in the rain! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It has gone very grey now with a few spits and spots of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 23C today before the cloud and showers moved in. An okay day I guess.

Posted

I enjoy cloud watching on days like today. A fine start with some good amounts of sunshine but by mid-morning the cumulus were building and by mid-afternoon looking very threatening. However, it's stayed dry here with the showers moving through to both north and south of me.

This photo from the roof of Monks Eleigh Church at 15.30 today: post-20040-0-29727400-1437584303_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just had the first shower of the day here, really has been a nice day here today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

A nicer fresher day today with one or two light showers here but not enough to have an impact for the grass and shrubs. In this part of Kent it has been incredibly dry since March with well below rainfall and wouldn't be surprised if a hosepipe ban comes into effect soon after a drier than normal winter as well!!Maybe Friday will bring us our first worthwhile rain here for months !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit of an autumnal day today here, started off nice and sunny but clouded over with a sharp shower this afternoon with cool blustery winds. Clearer this evening, looks like a rather chilly night to come for late July.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

OK day up here. A nice cloud day. The shower clouds were 'all mouth and no trousers'. Looked threatening but just one of the clouds released a few drops of rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of an autumnal feel this morning with a cool start. Sunny very early but soon clouded over with some high level stratus. Not windy at least but only 15C currently. Tomorrow looks wet! Very windy later but the worst of the winds will hit Benelux and N Germany on Sat, some very strong winds there.

Posted

met office warning for our region tommorow into Saturday

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

So now we might actually get some rain.

So everyone's plants been dying because no rain for weeks and weeks.

Now they are going to die from to much rain and wind possibly tomorrow.

Oh well blame it on GM or is it GC now, lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Tomorrow looking like my worst nightmare! Cool & very wet in the middle of summer, how anyone can get excited by a day of heavy rain and cool temperatures on 24th July is hard for me to get my head around! Each to their own I guess, I can't expect everyone to prefer dry & warm like me.

At least members harping on about needing rain get their wish! Come Saturday morning it could be careful what you wish for, with more outbreaks of rain over the weekend plus possible very high totals tomorrow!

At least the ground is soft here with heavy rain fallen on different occasions during the past couple of weeks!

Thank the Lord I'm off to Portugal for 3 weeks next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tomorrow looking like my worst nightmare! Cool & very wet in the middle of summer, how anyone can get excited by a day of heavy rain and cool temperatures on 24th July is hard for me to get my head around! Each to their own I guess, I can't expect everyone to prefer dry & warm like me.

At least members harping on about needing rain get their wish! Come Saturday morning it could be careful what you wish for, with more outbreaks of rain over the weekend plus possible very high totals tomorrow!

At least the ground is soft here with heavy rain fallen on different occasions during the past couple of weeks!

Thank the Lord I'm off to Portugal for 3 weeks next week.

But we do need the rain?? :)

Posted

But we do need the rain?? :)

I know, it's like the Sahara out there! I have dust devils rolling down my street... Haha

;-)

In all seriousness, I appreciate farmers etc need it!

But for your average Joe, I'm sure we can cope, only 2 months left until it pi**es down every day!

Posted

I know, it's like the Sahara out there! I have dust devils rolling down my street... Haha

;-)

In all seriousness, I appreciate farmers etc need it!

But for your average Joe, I'm sure we can cope, only 2 months left until it pi**es down every day!

But it's only going to last for a day or two...Better than a two-week drizzle-fest?

Posted

But it's only going to last for a day or two...Better than a two-week drizzle-fest?

Very true. tomorrows dross of day plus days upon days of drizzle - my worst 2 weather types!

Posted

Very true. tomorrows dross of day plus days upon days of drizzle - my worst 2 weather types!

And if we do end-up seeing a brilliant August, it'll be better that ground is initially wet? :D

PS: I'm running out of straws! :rofl: